HELP! HAS anyone on this forum gotten pregnant thru IUI over age forty with high FSH?

I had a failed IVF :grr: and my doctor said she won’t do another IVF but suggests IUI due to high FSH and Age:confused: . Has anyone reading this known anyone or yourself that got pregnant through IUI over age forty with high FSH??

Any tips on how to make IUI more likely to work??

Any suggestions are GREATLY apreciated!!:cross:

good luck with ttc
are u taking any medicine for high FSH?

[quote=FAITH80]good luck with ttc
are u taking any medicine for high FSH?[/quote]

There are no medicines for high FSH. The FSH level indicates how hard your ovaries are working and is an indicator for poor eggs. You can take drugs like Lupron to lower the level but it does not change the fact that your ovaries need to work harder to create follicles or egg quality.:af:

I am going to try IUI with donor sperm but I was hoping some ladies on here might have a positive story to share if they faced the same issue of high FSH and age …

I’ve already spent 19k out of pocket for the IVF and I just need some positive reinforcement that I am doing everything possible to get pregnant.

I also have high fsh (usually mid-20s). I’m moving to IUI with Menopur. This will be my first IUI. So I don’t have a success story for you…hopefully I will soon!
My eggs think they are 42; however, I actually am 24! Booo to old acting eggs!
:babydust: :babydust: to you!!

The snail and DHEA

[quote=wtbmom]I also have high fsh (usually mid-20s). I’m moving to IUI with Menopur. This will be my first IUI. So I don’t have a success story for you…hopefully I will soon!
My eggs think they are 42; however, I actually am 24! Booo to old acting eggs!
:babydust: :babydust: to you!![/quote]

wtbmom,

I’ve been reading a TON on DHEA tonight. Have you talked to your doctor about it?? I posted a list of links on my DHEA question over on the Over 40 Forums. Check out those links. REALLY REALLY fascinating stuff.

Please keep in touch I would love to hear how things work out and I know it’s “virtual” but if there is anything I can do … lend an ear :wink: Just let me know.

I have a theory that all of this is a numbers game. We just have to have Perserverence and it will happen. As the old saying goes:

It was by perserverence the snail reached the arc.

Good luck and let me know about the DHEA!

[quote=skisunfun]wtbmom,

I’ve been reading a TON on DHEA tonight. Have you talked to your doctor about it?? I posted a list of links on my DHEA question over on the Over 40 Forums. Check out those links. REALLY REALLY fascinating stuff.

Please keep in touch I would love to hear how things work out and I know it’s “virtual” but if there is anything I can do … lend an ear :wink: Just let me know.

I have a theory that all of this is a numbers game. We just have to have Perserverence and it will happen. As the old saying goes:

It was by perserverence the snail reached the arc.

Good luck and let me know about the DHEA![/quote]

I have not talked to him about it or done any research on it myself. I will definitely look into it and talk to him about it at my next appt. Thanks for the info and encouragement!!!