Help me decide! (Nov. TD)


#1

My story here in MI: Failed fresh donor egg transfer (on 9/11 - 2 at 2dt) :bfn:.
What we have left? Two vials, one with two at grade 2 and 1 vial with a grade 3.
​Our choices for FET in November per my Dr. and IVF Coordinator: transfer only 2 OR transfer all 3.
Issues? Cost each transfer is $2300 and multiples.
At this point I am leaning toward all three, but if this fails, we will have nothing left. We have opinions coming in from everyone, but I want advice from those who understand.
[B]Please help![/B] :confused:


#2

So, how old are these embies? 3 days? 5 days? I noticed your bfn cycle, you said 2dt. Were these embies frozen at two days? As far as grading, every clinic is different. At mine, grade 4 is the hightest and 1 the lowest. What is your Dr’s quality scale? And (last question) :slight_smile: Does your Dr. have an opinion?


#3

I believe they were frozen at 2 days. I’m not sure about how far down the grading goes, but I need to check. My IVF coordinator made it sound like the grade 2’s were good and the grade three was “doable” and that she has seen grade 3’s “produce pregnancies.” My DR. and my coordinator have no opinion on this besides the fact I would save money by putting in all three in November. I asked repeatedly trying to push them to go in one direction or the other, but they did not. The only concern is with multiples and they wanted me to understand the risks of twins (mostly.)
Thank you for responding and I will ask more questions tomorrow!!


#4

I would transfer all 3. The only way I wouldnt is if they were frozen at day 5 and were perfect quality. I would definitely consider looking at some other clinics though because freezing at day2 is pretty strange in current times. The chance of getting goes up dramatically for 5d blasts. Anyway, good luck!


#5

Oops…this wasn’t supposed to be a comment.

I’m pretty much in the same boat as you. Same quality ratings and numbers of embryos left for a FET after my bfn fresh transfer in August. DH and I decided to go with all three for our FET in January. We transferred 2 “best” quality (dr’s words) embryos the last time.

We decided on all three because it gives us the best chance. Although I am very concerned about the risks that come with triplets, my dr said there’s only a 5% chance I’ll get pregnant with triplets, so we’ll take that small risk.


#6

Trying this again… I’m pretty much in the same boat as you. Same quality ratings and numbers of embryos left for a FET after my bfn fresh transfer in August. DH and I decided to go with all three for our FET in January. We transferred 2 “best” quality (dr’s words) embryos the last time. We decided on all three because it gives us the best chance. Although I am very concerned about the risks that come with triplets, my dr said there’s only a 5% chance I’ll get pregnant with triplets, so we’ll take that small risk.