Help me....please!

Ladies,

I need your help. I am on my 6th round of IVF…which I fear may be my last. We are just running out of money, hope, etc.

Recently I had an ER…19 eggs. I’m thinking…whoo hoo! Then I get the call…

only 11 mature
only 5 fertilize.

…and I’m heartbroken.

So I pull myself together…talk to God…and ask for a miracle.

Then I get the call…

day 2…
2 of my 5 embies arrested
1 is 5 cells on day 2
2 are 2 cells

I have been around the block enough times to know that they should be 4 cells on day 2.

I don’t know what to do. I’m literally pulling my hair out.

Does anyone know anything about a day 2 5 cell embie? Or 2 cell embies on day 2? Is 5 growing to fast??

ET is tentatively scheduled for tomorrow…but I’m nervous that they will cancel me if nothing develops over night.

I want to cry, scream, blame someone…but I don’t know who to yell at. I’m getting so bitter and I hate it. I want to be strong for my 3 embies…but I’m feeling my strength slip away.

Anyone who can talk me off of my ledge will forever be a friend of mine.

Thanks for listening:flower:

I’ve been there. My first IVF yielded 19 eggs and we only had two embryos to transfer on day 3. My situation didn’t go well.

Hang in there! There are ladies on these boards who had one single little lonely embryo placed under similar circumstances, and that little one became a beautiful baby! Hopefully, some of these ladies will chime in soon!

I didnt wanna just read and exit. I wanted to say good luck and I will keep you in my prayers!

I don’t have an answer for you but seen on here many times where the eggs weren’t “great” but they still had a baby. Hang in there! Good luck!

I don’t really have anything to add either other than that you and your lil embies are in my :pray:'ers! :grouphug:

I had a 5 cell on day 2 when they did my transfer–were always planning a day 2 because of my age and only 3 at retrieval which was good for me. My RE was pretty pumped as it was a perfect grade one. Still in my 2ww and while I am hopeful I also am realistic enough to know odds are tough. That said, miracles do happen.

I don’t know the answer to your question, but I know people who had only one egg and have had healthy babies today so hang in there and best of luck to you…you and your embies are in my thoughts…

[QUOTE=Peanut21]Ladies,

I need your help. I am on my 6th round of IVF…which I fear may be my last. We are just running out of money, hope, etc.

Recently I had an ER…19 eggs. I’m thinking…whoo hoo! Then I get the call…

only 11 mature
only 5 fertilize.

…and I’m heartbroken.

So I pull myself together…talk to God…and ask for a miracle.

Then I get the call…

day 2…
1 is 5 cells on day 2
2 are 2 cells

I have been around the block enough times to know that they should be 4 cells on day 2.

I don’t know what to do. I’m literally pulling my hair out.

Does anyone know anything about a day 2 5 cell embie? Or 2 cell embies on day 2? Is 5 growing to fast??

ET is tentatively scheduled for tomorrow…but I’m nervous that they will cancel me if nothing develops over night.

I want to cry, scream, blame someone…but I don’t know who to yell at. I’m getting so bitter and I hate it. I want to be strong for my 3 embies…but I’m feeling my strength slip away.

Thanks for listening:flower:[/QUOTE]

At first, I read your post and thought “shucks, 6 cycles and no successes? That burns…” but then I noticed that you DID successfully have a baby through IVF. So in truth, that puts you in a completely different statistical pool than someone who has done 6 cycles and always failed. My impression is that your 5-cell embryo should be PERFECTLY fine and the biological machinery of your 2-2 cell embryos may have just gotten started a little bit late. I actually teach mitotic cell division and gametogenesis to college kids and from what I know, cell cycles and cell division pretty much never work like clockwork. I’d bet you the farm that your 2 cells were right on the verge of resolving their interphase when the “photos” were snapped, which means they might for all practical purposes have been 4 cell at day 2.

So there’s probably a good chance you’ll have an 8 cell and two 4 cells by day 3, and plenty of women have succeeded with 4 cells. Keep your chin up, your a long way from beat yet. And if all else fails, look at the good fortune you’ve had already. One success after 6 tries is more than many women have had!

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Very well said Demian![/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]I wanted to chime in and say good luck. Hang in there and stay hopeful. [/FONT][/SIZE]

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

We ended up transferring all we had… 1 6 cell, and 3 four cells. I’m disappointed in the results, but am doing my best to stay positive.

I know how lucky I am to have my daughter. I just didn’t feel as if my family was complete. So I kept trying. It’s just hard to keep facing the negatives. I will continue to thank God every day for that one round that resulted in my girl.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

[quote=Peanut21]Ladies,

I need your help…

Then I get the call…

day 2…
1 is 5 cells on day 2
2 are 2 cells

Thanks for listening:flower:[/quote]
Peanut,

I am sending you big hugs. We all know the hopelessness and despair this uncertain journey brings. I, like you, thank God every day for the miracle of my girl (born the same year as yours), but I can also identify with your feeling that your family is incomplete.

I saw your last post indicating that you transferred all 4 of your embies. Wow! I just want to encourage you to stay strong for your embies because you never know what other miracles are in store for you. :woohoo:

The odds for my daughter were not great. She was a single embryo, 2-day transfer and was only 2-cells.
She was thee only surviving embryo on Day 2. I was distraught and hopeless for most of my 2ww and then I started feeling “different”… Now, I know this story is not the norm and I know DD is a true miracle, but she is that just that - - a living, breathing, energetic miracle. My nurse on retrieval day said she had a patient with a 3-day, 4 cell transfer that had success as well.

Soooo . . . please don’t give up hope during your wait. I will be thinking of you and hoping one of your small embies beats the odds. :grouphug: