Help! my first failed frozen transfer

I had a frozen embryo transfer on 7th November with a grade A blastocyst. just done a hpt and its negative. I’m so upset wondering if this will ever happen for me.

July I had a ivf cycle that I miscarried at 7 wk’s.

I’m lookin to do another transfer with 2 grade A blast’s next time. does anyone know if I can do another cycle when I get my af from this failed cycle?

transferring 2 got to work hasn’t it. x

I don’t know the answer to your question but I am in the same boat (transferred one A grade embie on 11/4 and received a :bfn: yesterday) and would love to know the answer.

Judging by other people’s siggies, I’m guessing that the soonest I’ll be able to do FET #2 is in January. I’m waiting on a call from my FET nurse to verify that.

We are terrified of having twins but I feel like we have to put 2 grade A embies back next time in order to have any success.

I’m so sorry about your BFN, I have been there many, many times.

I think it really depends on your RE. My RE lets you do FET’s back to back because they are not that ahrd on your body. But usually RE’s want you to wait a cycle or two in between fresh cycles.

I am always one to be supportive, but I am also one not to give false hope. You cannot think that transferring two is going to work simply because you’re transferring two. The number that you transfer obviously gives you better odds, but it really depends on the environment they are being transferred into as well as the quality of the embryos. My RE explaned it to me like this one time… By looking in a microscope we can tell from the physical characteristics that it “looks” like a good blast…but it’s kind of like buying a car through a show room window. It looks GREAT on the outside, but you don’t know what the engine looks like.

Never lose hope, but be realistic.

I’m sorry about your cycle. :frowning: My RE allows back-to-back cycling going from fresh to FET or from FET to FET. I totally understand wanting to try again right away and I hope you get to!

I agree with Melissa 100%.

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]It’s not the quantity it’s the quality off the embies. As for me my first try I transferd 2 embies and only had one baby. With my second try I transferd 2 embies and I am now pregnant with twins so you never know.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]I am truly sorry for your BFN. I wish you the best on your next cycle. [/SIZE][/FONT]

I had FETs September 7th, October 27th and my next FET is scheduled for December 16th (pushed back two days from their “regular” FET date to get me in). All clinics are different but that may give you an idea of how soon you might be able to transfer again. Good luck!

hi girlies

thanks so much your your responses. it make’s me feel better to know there are people who feel pain. I really am driving myself crazy.

we Did only 1 embryo due to the twin thing scaring us. but we have no option next time. I was dubious about doing a frozen cycle and even more so now.

the embryoligist said we have 5 blast of good condition and saw that transferring 1 would be good enough. I did everything by the book and still not good enough.

even though I am Spose to test next Monday I don’t feel pregnant and the test are all negative already. my clinic said to contine with provera and cyclogest. how long does af arrive when stopping medication.

sticky vibes to you all. x

It takes me about three days for my cycle to start after stopping the meds.

many thanks. wait and see if it turns up this weekend.

would you test again on Monday as this was my actual test date? would you carry on with meds or stop them as I had a negative 9dp5dt.

I went to bed thinking about this and still thinking and getting upset this morning.

hope you get on ok next wk. I got my fingers crossed from you. x

[quote=Kelly280281]many thanks. wait and see if it turns up this weekend.

would you test again on Monday as this was my actual test date? would you carry on with meds or stop them as I had a negative 9dp5dt.

I went to bed thinking about this and still thinking and getting upset this morning.

hope you get on ok next wk. I got my fingers crossed from you. x[/quote]I’m one of those women who actually did have negative HPT’s all the way up to the day of my beta (11dp5dt) but that was because my beta was only 13. It was a chemical pregnancy for me (no change in beta at 13dp5dt) but during that time I read about plenty of women who started out with very low betas and went on to have healthy babies, some even as low as mine. It’s not time to lose hope yet!

yeah still hope I know but I know the result I think. doing another test Monday as directed by clinic is just rubbing salt into a very open wound.

I’m glad people can relate to each others feelings. until you go thru it you will never know how it feels.

keep us informed on how you get on!

its official- af is here.

I knew it would be but still clung on to a small bit of hope.

I’m so sorry. Of course I know exactly how you feel! Do you have any frostbabies?

yes we have 5 blast frozen. we are going for 2 next time.

I spoke to clinic today who have said that we can’t use this cycle to transfer but will do next cycle so looks like end of January for the next transfer.

they also said I may have to take northistrone (think that’s how you spell it)to make me have a period. I have got some left from before I could take to make sure af arrives on time. but how do you know when to take them and how long for? any1 know.

can I ask. I’m new and not sure how you add your history onto each blog ?

Just stopping the progesterone makes my cycle start so I’m not sure how long you’d need to take something to make it start.

To create a signature go to the menu at the top of the page and click the “Quick Links” drop down and choose “Edit Signature.”

after some web reading. I think it has to be taken from day 14 for 5 days or 10. so I’m going to try that and hopefully have my af 5 days later.

still trying to get my head around being told its one of those things.

sassymollassy… how did the egg transfer go ? when do you find out your results?

I have started my down regulating jabs now for egg transfer 30th January.

fingers crossed for you.:pray: :cross:

[quote=Kelly280281]sassymollassy… how did the egg transfer go ? when do you find out your results?

I have started my down regulating jabs now for egg transfer 30th January.

fingers crossed for you.:pray: :cross:[/quote] So far it was a success. :slight_smile: I got my BFP 5dp5dt and my beta was 234.

I hope February will bring good news for you!