Help - Nightmare IVF experience!

IVF NIGHTMARE!!!

Please can anyone even hint on what might be happening to me? For the record, I have nothing wrong with my uterus and no medical reason why I cannot carry a baby etc… I chose IVF as I’m single.

IVF #1 May 2012 sadly ended in a termination at 23 weeks Nov 2012 as my little boy had severe life altering issues. :wings:

I then found out I was a carrier of a genetic illness so I went for PGD.

IVF#2 On march 10th, just 22 days ago I had 2 healthy grade B and B/C embryos transferred. I had my first BFP at 4dp5dt, I continued to get + HPT’s daily then on 7dp5dt I started to spot, my HCG was taken 9dp5dt and it was 21, doc thought not viable pregnancy, had repeat beta 11dp5dt and it was 51, more than doubled but doc says not viable, stop meds. I bled, not spotted from then on.

OK so its now 21dp5dt and I HAVE NOT STOPPED BLEEDING FOR 16 DAYS!!! it started to get lighter a few days ago but its heavy again and last night i completely soaked 3 super tampons in just 3 hours (don’t shout at the tampons i hate pads lol) HOWEVER, my hpt’s are still extremely POSITIVE, they’ve consistently stayed positive and have gotten darker now for 18 days.

I had a repeat beta last Wednesday but my clinic closed for Easter and I cannot get the results till Tues. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can ANYONE HELP??? Surely if this was a chemical pregnancy I wouldn’t be showing positive tests for 18 days, plus where is all this blood coming from? I thought CP’s were just like heavier AF’s??? Has ANYONE had anything similar or can shed light on what might be going on? I know I’m not pg but I’m extremely concerned about the never ending bleeding and positive tests.

Believe me I’ve SCOURED google for an answer and I believe I’m a hopeless case!!!

Thank you :slight_smile:

If your clinic won’t see you, I would go to the ER. You need to have an ultrasound to see what’s going on. I can’t believe your RE told you to stop meds after your betas. My first beta was only 26 9dp5dt and so far I am 15 weeks pregnant. You need to find out if you still have a viable pregnancy so that you can start your meds again immediately! Good luck!

Agreed get to the ER ASAP. take your meds. any beta that is doubling is worth seeing through to the end.

be prepared that very low beta can mean bad news (in my case it did but my doc had me keep taking my meds) but not always.

Please let us know how things work out. Remember you are your only advocate.

I think that there was nothing at all wrong with your betas. I can’t think of 1 reason why the doctor would tell you to stop your meds as long as they were doubling normally. Some doctors! I tell you what… Since you’re still getting positives that means you must still be having enough HCG in your urine to be causing them to be positive. (Usually 25 but i think some tests detect as low as 10). If it was a true chemical pregnancy your levels would have dropped totally by now. I don’t want to give you a false hope, but did you consider you could still be pregnant and having a SCH? (A uterine hemorhage caused by implantation). Your baby could be just fine. Let us know how you are. God bless.

I would go to the er ASAP and get a blood draw and an us. Are you having any pain? It could be ectopic pregnancy.

I concur.

You + ER = Immediate Answers!

:grouphug: & lots of :pray:

I’m not having any pain whatsoever and haven’t had barely a cramp the whole time (well nothing like AF cramps) I’m in the UK so if I turned up at my ER they’d make me see my GP as my bleeding has slowed to barely spotting again yet I’ve just done a pg test now and it’s still positive.

I am peeved that I stopped meds however my blood loss at the time of my 2nd beta was so substantial that I just honestly thought nothing could have survived that, I’m just so confused as I cannot find a post ANYWHERE about a similar experience :frowning:

Thank you for your replies though, I will keep u updated :grr:

So don’t tell the ER it’s stopped.

I also think SCH might be what you’re experiencing, but you need a doctor’s advice.

I’ve seen other girls have low betas because of a SCH (subchorionic hematoma). I would go to the ER, not only for answers, but so you can find out what’s happening and get back on your meds.

[QUOTE=Pinkyblu]IVF NIGHTMARE!!!

Please can anyone even hint on what might be happening to me? For the record, I have nothing wrong with my uterus and no medical reason why I cannot carry a baby etc… I chose IVF as I’m single.

IVF #1 May 2012 sadly ended in a termination at 23 weeks Nov 2012 as my little boy had severe life altering issues. :wings:

I then found out I was a carrier of a genetic illness so I went for PGD.

IVF#2 On march 10th, just 22 days ago I had 2 healthy grade B and B/C embryos transferred. I had my first BFP at 4dp5dt, I continued to get + HPT’s daily then on 7dp5dt I started to spot, my HCG was taken 9dp5dt and it was 21, doc thought not viable pregnancy, had repeat beta 11dp5dt and it was 51, more than doubled but doc says not viable, stop meds. I bled, not spotted from then on.

OK so its now 21dp5dt and I HAVE NOT STOPPED BLEEDING FOR 16 DAYS!!! it started to get lighter a few days ago but its heavy again and last night i completely soaked 3 super tampons in just 3 hours (don’t shout at the tampons i hate pads lol) HOWEVER, my hpt’s are still extremely POSITIVE, they’ve consistently stayed positive and have gotten darker now for 18 days.

I had a repeat beta last Wednesday but my clinic closed for Easter and I cannot get the results till Tues. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can ANYONE HELP??? Surely if this was a chemical pregnancy I wouldn’t be showing positive tests for 18 days, plus where is all this blood coming from? I thought CP’s were just like heavier AF’s??? Has ANYONE had anything similar or can shed light on what might be going on? I know I’m not pg but I’m extremely concerned about the never ending bleeding and positive tests.

Believe me I’ve SCOURED google for an answer and I believe I’m a hopeless case!!!

Thank you :)[/QUOTE]

Gosh, I’m sorry. If your betas more than doubled, then that’s often problematic. You may have experience “vanishing twin” but the bleeding shouldn’t be anywhere that intense at that stage in the pregnancy, so really that doesn’t seem likely. I don’t really know if I should tell you to “hope” at this point, since I know what it’s like to hope in the face of very grim odds and then experience a tragic outcome. It’s probably just an unusual miscarriage. I’m sorry.

WTF???

I know I’m not pg…

Despite your positive pregnancy tests?

why was 51 not viable?!!! Please go be seen at the ER or another Dr. Get your results and see what is going on. So sorry honey.

If you still have your meds I would immediatly start taking them again. Not trying to give you false hope but if your levels were headed down, they would likely be all the way down by now (should not be still getting a positive at all by now). It sounds to mean like you are still pregnant…wether or not it will last is the question. I agree with the other ladies that it could very likely be a subchorionic hemmorhage. We had a very large one with our first little guy, despite the odds, he made it!

Also, you need a new RE. There is no reason you should have been told to quit meds without at least one more test to see if the numbers were continuing to rise.

I don’t know much about ectopic but that could also be a possibility. Maybe someone with more knowledge on that could chime in.

So sorry to hear everything you are going through. I know you are saying that you “can’t” go to the ER for some reason, but I agree with the other ladies that you should.

Please go to A&E! If you tell them you have bleeding (even if it is just spotting) and cramping they WILL draw an HCG level and should refer you to the Early Pregnancy Unit for a scan within 24h. I speak from experience (multiple times, sadly).

Good luck!

D

I was wondering how ur doing? i really hope u r fine and hav a baby still growing. never trust a dr if they tell u to stop meds with doubling betas… i get so mad reading that ur dr said that.

Wondering how you are doing. Did you get your results on Tuesday?