Help! Only 1-5day Frozen Blast Left?

Long story short u can see what I have been through this last year from my signature! (And That’s just the little things) I just did an FET on Oct 27 we got a BFP that ended in a miscarriage :frowning: all we have left is 1 frozen 5 day blast. We are trying to decide to go through with one more FET and hope it survives the thaw and get my a BFP. Or just start over and have it as an extra? Have any of you ladies only had one left to thaw and transferred it and ended up with a BFP looking for some advice or any thoughts we were hoping to never have to do a another round of IVF due to cost everything has been out of pocket and would be if we did it again, which most has been on credit which has put us in a crapy spot with money theses days but I would do anything to have a family…so PLEASE any advice comments ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

I saw you had two miscarriages. What about doing pdg testing to see if it’s a normal embryo? If it comes out normal, go for it, if it abnormal then you wouldn’t want it to implant anyway. I am thinking about this for myself.

[QUOTE=buckeyegirl918]I saw you had two miscarriages. What about doing pdg testing to see if it’s a normal embryo? If it comes out normal, go for it, if it abnormal then you wouldn’t want it to implant anyway. I am thinking about this for myself.[/QUOTE]

Yes we wanted to do this but our RE said they can’t test it they have to test it on day 3 :frowning: if we do IVF again we want to do it but the RE doesn’t think That’s the problem but were concerned that it might be. So not sure what to do. Thanks for the idea!!

That’s weird he doesn’t want to test them. Everything ive heard and read said number one reason for not getting pregnant is a bad egg…you might want to ask him specifically why not.

If it were me, I’d just go with the FET first

[QUOTE=buckeyegirl918]That’s weird he doesn’t want to test them. Everything ive heard and read said number one reason for not getting pregnant is a bad egg…you might want to ask him specifically why not.

If it were me, I’d just go with the FET first[/QUOTE]

Ya I have a lot of questions and they never have answers, they just tell me your young and it will work…well it hasn’t 30,000 later no baby! :frowning: I go back tomorrow to get blood levels so we will figure something out I hope. Hey good luck to u I seen you haven’t even had your beta yet…I had not one feeling the whole time I know none of mine came out in end results but I did have a positive! Good luck to u and thanks!

So sorry you had to go through this. Unfortunatly you cannot do pgd of already frozen embryos. If you try ivf fresh again you can do either a 3 day biopsy (with a higher error rate) and still have pgd results back in time for a fresh 5 day transfer. Or you can biopsy day 5 (most accurate) but will have to freeze and wait for results and do a fet later. I have looked into this myself. However with your age odds are you will have success with another cylce I would think. I decided to do ivf without pgd due to cost but if I could afford it then I would do it. I was told that unless I had more than 10 embryos on day three it wouldn’t be worth doing do to the cost. It runs $4700 at my clinic which is more than a fet. So you see if you have a lot of good embryos to pick from it may be helpful. Looks like you had a good amount to start with. It may have been the stim protocol or just bad luck. There are plenty of single embryo fet success stories too. I would say if you can afford it go fresh. Good luck either way.

Ugh I’m right there with you with the ‘you are young’ business. If I am so young why are my 35+ friends pregnant and I’m still trying 2 and a half yrs later???

I KNOW IT SUCKS HUH!! MY RE KEEPS SAYING “YOUR SO YOUNG”, WELL I AM NOT GETTING ANY YOUNGER AND THIS IS NOT WORKING OUT SO GREAT! I FEEL YA! DO YOU HAVE ANY CHILDREN YET?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT IT ALWAYS HELPS TO HAVE SOME PEOPLE TO RELATE TO!! :grouphug: I KEEP HEARING FROM FAMILY AND FRIENDS BE PATIENT WHEN YOU AT LEAST EXPECT IT, IT WILL HAPPEN…OK PEOPLE IT CANT HAPPEN NATURALLY SO QUIT SAYING THAT! NO ONE!!! UNDERSTANDS UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH IT!! :grouphug:

No kids yet :frowning:

[QUOTE=buckeyegirl918]No kids yet :([/QUOTE]

I am sorry me either :frowning: this will very our year!!:pray:

Anybody else have anything …please!!!

If I had a dollar for eveytime someone said “Just relax and it will happen” I could have a free ivf cycle by now. People just don’t get it. Or this is my favorite “Maybe you weren’t mean to have kids.” Or “If I were you I would just adopt.” Well you aren’t me and if you were you would know what a axx hxxx you are being right now.

[QUOTE=mahj4379]If I had a dollar for eveytime someone said “Just relax and it will happen” I could have a free ivf cycle by now. People just don’t get it. Or this is my favorite “Maybe you weren’t mean to have kids.” Or “If I were you I would just adopt.” Well you aren’t me and if you were you would know what a axx hxxx you are being right now.[/QUOTE]

I just got done balling to my husband about this same thing…like I said before no one understands unless they have been through it, I have had so many friends(well so called) tell me your a great aunt so maybe thats what God has planned for u grrrrr…I want to choke them out! I want to say to them ok give me your baby and now u don’t have one how do u feel now??? I am so glad others feel the same as me I thought.maybe I was going crazy!! I would love to adopt if it was easy too its all hard and takes time and $ that other people don’t understand!! And most of all the stuff they say makes me feel worse!

So what is Slater’s take on the cause of the chemicals? Did she give you anything to ponder besides pgd if you want and keep trying your young? That is basically all I got. Ohh and I found out I am tied I guess with one other patient for the most consecutive chemical pregnancies so I got that going for me, can you feel the sarcasm :wink: I think unfortunatly there is so much they don’t know that they just don’t always have answers. I did get her to let me do prednisone again (I used in the donor embryo cycle) incase there is some immunologic implantation issue. I felt like it helped but now I am like a baseball player and am trying to do everything the same for good luck.

[quote=mahj4379]If I had a dollar for eveytime someone said “Just relax and it will happen” I could have a free ivf cycle by now. People just don’t get it. Or this is my favorite “Maybe you weren’t mean to have kids.” Or “If I were you I would just adopt.” Well you aren’t me and if you were you would know what a axx hxxx you are being right now.[/quote]Seriously. But what burns me up the most is when people get downright judgmental because I don’t choose to foster or adopt. Give me a break. You don’t have to be infertile to adopt!

[QUOTE=mahj4379]So what is Slater’s take on the cause of the chemicals? Did she give you anything to ponder besides pgd if you want and keep trying your young? That is basically all I got. Ohh and I found out I am tied I guess with one other patient for the most consecutive chemical pregnancies so I got that going for me, can you feel the sarcasm :wink: I think unfortunatly there is so much they don’t know that they just don’t always have answers. I did get her to let me do prednisone again (I used in the donor embryo cycle) incase there is some immunologic implantation issue. I felt like it helped but now I am like a baseball player and am trying to do everything the same for good luck.[/QUOTE]

Slaters take on it…she has no idea she don’t even want us to do pgd, she said it wasn’t the problem she thinks, I just had a string of bad luck…not a great answer but I guess if there was one she would be the one who knows. She just told me if I could emotionally go through another round of ivf I would most likely get my baby…it sucks when we had so many embryos and none were take home. So she had no idea for u either? I go in today to see if it went up in my tube which happened last time, signs are leading to that again if so they will remove my last tube so it will stop causing problems. We are going to do another round just trying to come up with all money, excited and scares at the same time my first round of ivf we were worried we were going to have to many embryos! There’s never too many I found out! Well talk u soon and I will let u know my plan of care when I get it.