Help... Searching for DE and very confused.....

Hello to everyone, my DH and I were told a week ago that we would have to use DE if we wanted to consider conceiving. It was a bit of a shock because we just conceived naturally in October. We lost the baby in December. My OB/GYN put me on Clomid to ‘speed up’ the process and he was hoping we would conceive on our own. No such luck. We went to an RE here in Jacksonville and he said that because of my age (45) it was just not likely I would get pregnant on our own. He suggested using DE. He said that they have a list of donors that he uses but they do not show adult photos of the donors, only childhood photos. We have been searching around on the Internet for DE. It feels like I am surfing dating websites :frowning: I hear a lot of ladies talking (on this forum) about the successes using RBA. Can anyone tell me what their experiences were with them or with another DE site called Creatine Love? It is all so confusing. Any assistance would be very helpful. Thanks…

Hopeful: I don’t have any experience with either of those facitlities, however I know that there are several ladies on this list serve who have used RBA. It is certainly a very trying time and sometimes difficult to navigate the process of DE.
The ladies on these boards have been very supportive and helpful and willing to share their experiences openly.
I wish you luck on your journey and hope that you will be holding your baby in your arms soon.

You may also want to post your question on: IVF Cycle with DE II.

[QUOTE=smf]Hopeful: I don’t have any experience with either of those facitlities, however I know that there are several ladies on this list serve who have used RBA. It is certainly a very trying time and sometimes difficult to navigate the process of DE.
The ladies on these boards have been very supportive and helpful and willing to share their experiences openly.
I wish you luck on your journey and hope that you will be holding your baby in your arms soon.

You may also want to post your question on: IVF Cycle with DE II.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the help. I will post my question on the other board also. I am only a week into this journey and I am looking forward to the end. Best wishes to you…:babydust:

Hopeful, you may also want to check out the Network 54 donor egg forum (http://www.network54.com/Forum/57451/). There’s also PVED.org, which is excellent–in my opinion it’s the best DE website around. It’s extremely private, though, so you have to divulge your name to the forum’s founder (herself a mother through DE) and have a phone call with her–she does her absolute best to make sure there are no trolls, no journalists, no curiosity-seekers etc. on the forum, just real people who are using or have used donor eggs to conceive.

Trixicat- I have never heard of those sites, so thanks for sharing! Although I already have my babies, its good to know that these sites are out there. When I started my journey almost 5 years ago, this forum was the only one around. I wish you much success on your journey!

Hopeful67- As SMF said, The other thread… IVF DE II or DE IVF II is a wealth of knowledge! I have been a LONG time member of that group! I will also say, I know a few gals that used RE’s in Jax and had success w/ DE as well as several that used RBA. I know that of all the women I know from over the years, ALOT do not get to see adult photos due to anonymity issues. All I can say is that if the clinic has a great donor coordinator, they can help you a lot on helping you decide since they have met the lady in person and know what she looks like as an adult. Although I think looks do play a factor, age, proven/unproven, health history and goals/education played more of a factor to me in deciding. Of course it is a personal choice all around. I must say I have BEAUTIFUL children so it all worked out well even without seeing an adult photo.
Best of luck with your journey! I wish you all the best!

Hopeful 67_ I sent you a private message (PM)

Hopeful- Please check your private message box, you get there by your log in name, in case you don’t know! :slight_smile:

[quote=Godiva4me]Trixicat- I have never heard of those sites, so thanks for sharing! Although I already have my babies, its good to know that these sites are out there. When I started my journey almost 5 years ago, this forum was the only one around. I wish you much success on your journey!

Hopeful67- As SMF said, The other thread… IVF DE II or DE IVF II is a wealth of knowledge! I have been a LONG time member of that group! I will also say, I know a few gals that used RE’s in Jax and had success w/ DE as well as several that used RBA. I know that of all the women I know from over the years, ALOT do not get to see adult photos due to anonymity issues. All I can say is that if the clinic has a great donor coordinator, they can help you a lot on helping you decide since they have met the lady in person and know what she looks like as an adult. Although I think looks do play a factor, age, proven/unproven, health history and goals/education played more of a factor to me in deciding. Of course it is a personal choice all around. I must say I have BEAUTIFUL children so it all worked out well even without seeing an adult photo.
Best of luck with your journey! I wish you all the best![/quote]

Thanks…

I will look at the other IVF threads. Thanks for all of the great information. I will try to keep everyone UTD with what happens. If I think of any other questions, I will post them. Thanks again.:cheer:

Hi Opeful,

We did not use RBA for the actual treatment, but we did use their egg bank, My Egg Bank. As we live in the Northeast and it would not have been feasible for us to ttravel to Atlanta. My Egg Bank partners with chosen clinics throughout the US. We got lucky as just as I lost my pregnancy from out second OE IVF, I learnt that our clinic was becoming a partner with My Egg Bank. We thought it was the ideal combination for us. We tink the My Egg Bank is one of the best egg banks in the US, they were pioneers in developing the freezing technology and are very selective when it comes to donors. We were comfortable with the lab of our clinic - which is where they thawed and fertilized the frozen eggs from My Egg Bank.

We got a total of 8 eggs from My Egg Bank, typically 6 eggs come for the price of 10K, but we got two extra for free as we were the first client via our clinic. We picked the donor from the My Egg Bank database. There were a few donors who were only available to Atlanta clients, but only a handful and we were notegatively impacted by that limitation. MEB delivered the frozen eggs to our clinic which managed the whole fertilization and transfer process using their own FET protocol. All eggs thawed successfully and 7 fertilized. We had 6 5- day blasts. We trtansferred 2 and froze 3 embryos on day 6. I am 12w3d pregnant with a little boy.

I understand that there has been a huge increase in demand for MEB donors and have seen some complaints about the number and availability of good donors recently and about how quickly good donors are selected. MEB-RBA also offers some types of guarantees - which were not available to us - but I heard that some of the requirments for these have also been changed. I have no direct experience about any of this. On another forum, fertile thoughts, there are multiple really long threads of RBA patients, they have been going on for years. Many success stories there, check them out.

Overall, I was satisfied. I think we had a good selection of donors - back in December - we were not looking for anything too specific, Caucasian, mid- twenties, no health issues, no bad family history, brown or blond-haired, college-educated, curly or wavy haired. We initially had a list with four donors, narrowed it down to two based on which ones were proven.

Good luck with you search. Let me know if you have any other questions.