Help w/Clomid - poor lining on CD12

=(

I was hoping this wouldn’t happen but it did. My lining is 4.1 on CD12. I got the estrogen patch that is supposed to help, so we’ll see. Anyone else have this problem initially and it turned out ok with the help of a patch or other remedy?

I had 4 follies - 1 on left and 3 on right. 20, 17, 15, 12

I got the Vivelle patch. Even if RE didn’t say so, should I do baby aspirin too?

I am sorry, I can’t really help, but clomid also thinned my lining - my RE didn’t even mention any type of meds to help it, they just switched me to injectables. Good luck to you!!

[quote=OCWife2010]=(

I was hoping this wouldn’t happen but it did. My lining is 4.1 on CD12. I got the estrogen patch that is supposed to help, so we’ll see. Anyone else have this problem initially and it turned out ok with the help of a patch or other remedy?

I had 4 follies - 1 on left and 3 on right. 20, 17, 15, 12

I got the Vivelle patch. Even if RE didn’t say so, should I do baby aspirin too?[/quote]

My lining is thin on Clomid, so they decreased my dosage and added more gonal-f this cycle. I am also drinking Red Raspberry Leaf tea to see if it helps at all. I feel your pain - it’s so frustrating that Clomid can make us have good follicles and then thin our lining at the same time. I responded great to 100mg - four follicles - but didn’t respond as well to 50mg (one, maybe two, mature follicles last cycle). They have put me on Estrace each cycle, but I don’t know if that’s worked to thicken my lining by implantation or not - I haven’t gotten a BFP yet!

I wouldn’t use baby aspirin unless you get the okay from your doctor - I’ve heard mixed reviews about it - and I think you only take it up to O time, but I really don’t know. Are you triggering or ovulating naturally?

[quote=EastCoastMama]My lining is thin on Clomid, so they decreased my dosage and added more gonal-f this cycle. I am also drinking Red Raspberry Leaf tea to see if it helps at all. I feel your pain - it’s so frustrating that Clomid can make us have good follicles and then thin our lining at the same time. I responded great to 100mg - four follicles - but didn’t respond as well to 50mg (one, maybe two, mature follicles last cycle). They have put me on Estrace each cycle, but I don’t know if that’s worked to thicken my lining by implantation or not - I haven’t gotten a BFP yet!

I wouldn’t use baby aspirin unless you get the okay from your doctor - I’ve heard mixed reviews about it - and I think you only take it up to O time, but I really don’t know. Are you triggering or ovulating naturally?[/quote]

Thanks ladies.

I’m on CD12 today and they want me back on CD14 to check my lining and follies and possibly to trigger. They consider follies mature at 20-25mm to trigger.

I’m really hoping this estrogen Vivelle patch helps.

Darn you Clomid for thinning the lining!!

Hi,

That happened to me too. I was on Clomid 100mg and my lining was getting thinned on my CD10. My RE prescribed Estrace 2mg twice a day for vaginal use. I returned on my CD 13 and was told my lining was up to 7mm, still not very thick but it’s ok to proceed with iui. So I did my trigger on the same day and did iui two days later.

I only had 1 18mm follicle on my left on CD13, but we still proceeded with iui. I guess I’m not responding well to Clomid as it only gave me 1 follicle and thinned my lining.

I think Estrace should help to get back your question!

My lining has also been on the thin side with Clomid, especially my first. I was on 100 mg for the first two cycles and ended up with a lining of 5 mm on the first and 7 on the 2nd. My RE is lowering my dosage this cycle to 50 mg. Apparently I was supposed to lower the dose on the 2nd cycle, but that wasn’t communicated to me. Anyway, I think that is a common side effect of Clomid. My clinic has us take baby aspirin daily anyway, so that might be a good idea. It is supposed to help plump up the lining. If it’s not working out with Clomid, you can always move to injectibles, which don’t have that side effect. Good luck!