Help! When do I start bcp?

I got my :af: today 12 days late. I thought I was about to need provera to induce it, but here it is.

Of course I get it 45 minutes after the doc office closes and I don’t know if I’m supposed to start my pack of bcp today or not. I’m about to start my first IVF cycle and have been holding this prescription for two months, but now I’m not sure if I’m supposed to start it today?

Did you ladies start it on CD1?

I appreciate any help

Normally I think my RE had me take around day 3 of the bleed but I think it is a case by case scenerio. Does your RE have a night phone number you can call where someone answers like an on call phone?

Thank you for your response. They do have a number for “emergency issues”, but I would hate to call for this :confused:

NOPE CALL IT!! You want to be sure…i dont wanna scare you but you dont wanna mess up your cycle dates…call it, never guess in my opinion, they will understand.

I second Jdfan14…Definitely call! That’s what the number is for…after hours point of contact…emergencies, and what WE think are emergencies…:wink:

My Dr. office always told me that if you started after 4pm, then CD1 was the next day.

Did everything work out?

Thanks for your help everyone! I just spoke to the office and I am starting bcp today. ETA for egg retrieval 1/21 !! woot :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Trinity]Thanks for your help everyone! I just spoke to the office and I am starting bcp today. ETA for egg retrieval 1/21 !! woot :)[/QUOTE]

:pray: :cross: :babydust: