Help!!

So I had laproscopic surgery on Friday Nov 5 and they found level 3 endometriosis, a “chocolate cyst” and could not save my right fallopean tube. So, here i am alomost a week later…and i am still in pain. Checked in to the hospital on Sunday due to severe pain and had some blood work and CT scan which all showed normal. Protein and hemoglobin were a little low so they kept me overnight to check. Getting better slowly day by day but i am just wondering if anyone else has a similar situaltion and can share their story with me. How long should i stay out of work, when will the pain go away, when can i start trying to concieve… The doctor mentioned to my mother that we were going to have to take a medication for a few months to get rid of any endometriosis that he may have missed…has anyone else had to do this. Please give me your thoughts and feelings on all of this…i am very confused and everything is happening so fast! oh yeah…how long will i look 6 months prego…swelling please go down!!

What kind of pain are you in? I know that I was sore like how you feel after a really hard work out, but it was only when I used my stomach muscles (getting up from bed or the couch, for example).

As for meds, he may be referring to Lupron. I did a one-month dose because a month after surgery, I had two new cysts. It’s really effective, but the side effects can be really bad. Basically, you go through menopause so you get the mood swings, hot flashes, night sweats, and others have even more symptoms. The longer/more doses you do (they won’t let you do more than 6 months at a time), the worse the effects get. But it IS effective.

Your doc will let you know about trying to conceive. They’ll probably want to make sure your tubes are clear since endometriosis can scar tubes up.