Here we go again.....IVF #4

I was religiously on this forum (under a different name) 6 years ago when I was starting IUI and then eventually IVF #1 and now here I find myself again. This time we are going for IVF #4.

It seems like forever ago - it’s weird but I’ve forgotten so much of the “lingo” and abbreviations but I’m sure they’ll come back to me in no time.

This past year was extremely difficult after undergoing IVF #3, getting a :bfp: and seeing a hearbeat only to eventually lose our angel. Mentally and physically I was a wreck. My weight ballooned and depression was overwhelming. However…this past June I “woke up” and have lost 52 pounds and feel better than ever. I feel healthier now than I did 6 years ago. So DH and I decided to give in one more try. I think this is it though. Our final attempt.

I’m not sure which thread to “jump into” as I am intimidated by looking at some of these threads with 20 pages and people that seem to have a very close bond. But my 1st consult will be next week (12/15) and I should be starting day CD1 around Christmas. I anticipate that BCP will be started with that cycle…so if all goes well maybe looking at IVF around end of Feb.

Just wanted to say welcome back to the boards. I know exactly what you are going through. For a while I was on fertility forums everyday, then I swore them off, now I am back :).

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. We went through 3 losses before having our little one, and one of them we saw and heard the heartbeat. That one was devestating. But we managed to keep going and now we have an almost 2 year old and will be trying for number two at the end of January.

I really just wanted to say, you can go on to have a healthy baby, even after many attempts. We went through 6 total cycles to have our little boy. (4 fresh IVF and 2 FET’s) I just wrote a blog post about this today…if you would like to check it out.

Multiple IVF Failure | IVF Success Stories - Overcoming Infertility

Good luck to you. I am cycling a little before you, but I would be glad to keep you company. I sure some other ladies will join you as well. Also, that is awesome that you were able to lose the weight and get healthy, congrats on that!!

Thanks Brit. I swore too that I wasn’t going to get on here but insomnia is upon me tonight and of course scheduling the consult today - now this is all I can think about. All the thoughts, emotions, etc. are flooding back. But this time, I am ready!!! Bring on the hormones LOL I’ve never felt better.

I never understood the impact of a MC, but now I can relate and I am so, so sorry to hear of your struggles. It is THE single hardest thing I have ever gone through. But congratulations on your beautiful boy. I do have a 4y/o boy from IVF #2…now if only I could figure out how to upload a picture of him I’d be good. Can’t figure out the profile picture thing. Oh well…

I will be sure to check out your blog and will see you around on here. Good luck to you and your family!

Congrats on your little boy! I guess I did not read yoru signature or I would have realized you have one blessing :). Thanks for the kind words. The miscarriages were devastating at the time, but now that we have our little boy, they just feel like a stepping stone to him. Although I did get away from the boards for a while, they really are helpful. There are many people here who can relate to what you are going through. I just got tired of telling people I got a positive to only have to come back and tell them that we miscarried :(. As far as the pic goes, I had a really hard time getting mine loaded as well. I can’t remember what I finally did to get it to work, but if I figure it out I will be sure to let you know!

Diamond—come join us on the Jan/feb. There are many of us with multiple cycles and a few on our last try. Jump in it will help us all!!!

Diamond,

Your story sounds very similar to mine. I had three fresh IVF cycles, no FET though. I have one boy who is five years old. My last cycle resulted in a miscarriage in September 2010. I was going to give up, but recently we had a change of heart and we are going to try one more time. God bless us.

[quote=DiamondRun]Thanks Brit. I swore too that I wasn’t going to get on here but insomnia is upon me tonight and of course scheduling the consult today - now this is all I can think about. All the thoughts, emotions, etc. are flooding back. But this time, I am ready!!! Bring on the hormones LOL I’ve never felt better.

I never understood the impact of a MC, but now I can relate and I am so, so sorry to hear of your struggles. It is THE single hardest thing I have ever gone through. But congratulations on your beautiful boy. I do have a 4y/o boy from IVF #2…now if only I could figure out how to upload a picture of him I’d be good. Can’t figure out the profile picture thing. Oh well…

I will be sure to check out your blog and will see you around on here. Good luck to you and your family![/quote]