Here's a book that can make a difference

Hello everybody.

My name is Assaf Cohen and I am a doctor (PhD) from Israel.

I have dedicated my recent years researching fertility and fertility treatments.

After going over numerous medical and scientific papers, I discovered that much of the scientific information regarding human fertility could prove to help childless couples, without exorbitant amounts of medical intervention.

I decided to gather the hundreds of scientific and medical resources into one comprehensive and practical textbook for the benefit of all those who suffer from fertility issues. The name of the book is “[B]Much Before the Syringe[/B]”. When I say “practical” it means that every chapter concludes with a list of “To do” or “To the point” bullets or sections.

The aim of this book is to minimize, or entirely reduce, a patient’s reliance on the medical system. This claim is based on documented cases in which people became parents without any medical intervention, after long years of unsuccessful fertility treatments.

In order to publish this book I turned to crowdfunding on Indiegogo:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/much-before-the-syringe

Aside from the preface and the epilogue, the book entails 13 chapters. All chapters relate to both men and women, except for two. Of those two, one relates to men only and the second to women only.

Here are few paragraphs from the 8th chapters which relates to women:

[B][U]Chapter 8- Body Rhythm from a Feminine Point of View[/U][/B]

After birth giving or an unfortunate miscarriage or abortion, women experience dramatic physiological and hormonal changes. This can also happen after a substantial physical or mental trauma. Conception after such an event differs from primary conception. The recalibration of the body systems back to suitable conditions allowing another successful pregnancy takes time.

Unsuccessful attempts to conceive after giving birth to one child or more is called “secondary infertility”. Medical literature proposes no distinction between failure to conceive for the first time (without having a biological child) and secondary infertility. In either situation, whether the woman has given birth before or not, medicine defines a woman under 35 years old trying to conceive for one year with no success or a woman above 35 years old trying to conceive for half a year without conceiving, as infertile. At this point I would like to make my objection to this “dry” medical definition. I believe that secondary infertility cannot be so easily defined regardless of the fact the woman is already a mother,

The same is true regarding traumatized women. A woman who has suffered mental or physical trauma and is trying to conceive, does not need the added stress of a countdown to defined infertility.

Well, I hope you got the right impression regarding how delving and practical this book is.

Thank you, and for any comments- [email protected]

Assaf