High FSH-Low AMH and IVF-please respond

Hi there! I was hoping that some of you who have had this type of experience could share it. I am currently facing a very uphill battle I have been told by my RE and my IVF nurse.

I have a high fsh 16 and a low amh .5 I am in my 30s so it’s POV for sure. I was hoping they were wrong but I am responding POORLY to the highest dosage of meds it’s safe to put a person on. I fear that this cycle will be cancelled and it is my first IVF cycle.

[B]Anyone have any experience with this? What was your protocol? How many IVF cycles did you go through? Were you successful?[/B]
[B][/B]
I don’t know what else to do. My Doc is willing to go all the way with me and trigger even if we only have 2 to eggs, but I am curious if I could do better? The clinic says this may be the best I can do…****, I hope they are wrong.

Anyone out there who has experienced this please reply! I need to hear from people who have been successful, all this negativity is kicking me right in the spirit!

Thanks y’all! :wink:

I was diagnosed at 29 with poor ovarian response and my FSH is excellent (4.2.) Sadly, FSH isn’t the only indicator of how well your ovaries will respond to stims. Additionally, it is not an indicator of egg quality which is actually more important than quantity. Sometimes, the only way to find out is to go through a couple rounds of IVF and see how many you produce and how many fertilize.

My signature has all of my information but we are now moving on to donor eggs. I still have a working ovary but after being on the Antagnost Protocol with a very high amount of stims and only ending up with 4 eggs and 1 embryo at transfer, we have concluded that my ovary is simply not functioning the way it should given my young age (29 at time of cycling) and normal FSH levels.

IF is a b*tch sometimes. :slight_smile: Hang in there.

Hello,
You do not need to lose hope!!! I was diagnosed with high FSH (14.7 and 32 years old) in February. So, my doctor advised me to go straight to IVF using the Antagonist protocol and be very agressive. I cried and cried… However, in the time of ER they got 7 eggs (I stimmed for about 14 days), 6 of them fertilized and 4 embrios were still dividing on day 3. We transfered 2 8cells each embrions on day 3 and have one frozen on day 5. I am now 30 weeks pregnant with twin girls.
Please, do not lose hope, it can happen!!!

I am DOR as well, but my FSH is in normal range (5.6-9.1). My AMH is low (0.8) and response to the meds is very poor. I was on 300 follistim and 150 menopur daily and only got 2 follicles. I was on microflare protocol as well. This coming cycle, my RE switch me to Antagonist because she said we as DOR should avoid suppress like Lupron. Hopefully we can see some good result in this cycle.

[quote=dianash77]Hello,
You do not need to lose hope!!! I was diagnosed with high FSH (14.7 and 32 years old) in February. So, my doctor advised me to go straight to IVF using the Antagonist protocol and be very agressive. I cried and cried… However, in the time of ER they got 7 eggs (I stimmed for about 14 days), 6 of them fertilized and 4 embrios were still dividing on day 3. We transfered 2 8cells each embrions on day 3 and have one frozen on day 5. I am now 30 weeks pregnant with twin girls.
Please, do not lose hope, it can happen!!![/quote]

that’s awesome good for you and good luck with the remainder of your pregnancy-you give me hope!!!

[FONT=&quot]MLH – I am 31, My FSH is 12 and my AMH is .2. The AMH is the better indicator. I did IVF with my opwn eggs once. We only got 4 eggs, 3 were mature and all 3 fertilized. Only 2 survived until day three and they were severely fragmented. That cycle ended in a BFN. My RE recommended using donor egg….because she gave me a less than 10% chance of success with my own eggs. I got a second opinion and the second RE actually gave me a less than 5% chance with my own eggs and also suggested using Donor Egg. I had my fresh donor egg cycle in September and it ended in BFN….I think my lining was too thin. We have 3 frozen embryos and are gearing up for FET. Hope this helps.[/FONT]

I have just started crying reading your post! y RE has been VERY negative about my prognosis, as I have DOR and a high FSH of 12. Hearing your story makes me think that this might work! I have just started my first IVF cycle.

Thank you so much.

[quote=dianash77]Hello,
Please, do not lose hope, it can happen!!![/quote]

I am just starting my first IVF cycle and like you, I have high FSH and only 7 follicles showing on my first ultrasound. Reading your signature gave me so much hope for this IVF! I was feeling really down, but seeing your success so far has made me feel so much better. I am REALLY hoping this works for you!

[quote=mlhttc]Hi there! I was hoping that some of you who have had this type of experience could share it. I am currently facing a very uphill battle I have been told by my RE and my IVF nurse.

I have a high fsh 16 and a low amh .5 I am in my 30s so it’s POV for sure. I was hoping they were wrong but I am responding POORLY to the highest dosage of meds it’s safe to put a person on. I fear that this cycle will be cancelled and it is my first IVF cycle.

[B]Anyone have any experience with this? What was your protocol? How many IVF cycles did you go through? Were you successful?[/B]

I don’t know what else to do. My Doc is willing to go all the way with me and trigger even if we only have 2 to eggs, but I am curious if I could do better? The clinic says this may be the best I can do…****, I hope they are wrong.

Anyone out there who has experienced this please reply! I need to hear from people who have been successful, all this negativity is kicking me right in the spirit!

Thanks y’all! ;)[/quote]

My infertility started with a sever MF infertility and I was OK , When I tried to conceive again last spring , I was diagnosed with a low ovarian reserve AMH was .6 , can’t recall the FSH ( I didn’t believe it till I saw my response compared to the previous cycles (6 yrs ago ) . I had only four follicles on more than maximum doses of menopur and Gonal F , they cycle was about to be cancelled at one point but I didn’t agree and just continued it . The four follicles were all mature and all were fertilised (ICSI) despite the poor sperm quality and all made Grade A embryos
The first 2 (fresh transfer resulted in BFN ) but i am pregnant with the second (last set ) twins .
I never thought that I will be pregnant with twins with this cycle ( it happens and don’t give up )
It take only one to make it …
I have to say that I did acupuncture /ate pineapple core and grape juice with the frozen transfer as they were my last chance (try to do this ).In addition, the clinic did assisted hatching so it might helped .
Good luck

Wow! Thank you so much for this thread. I’ve been hoping that we could get one of these going on this forum for a long time.

I am a 32 year old woman who was diagnoised with DOR in June of this year. We have been TTC#1 since we got married about 16 months ago. I just had this feeling that something was wrong…

…and of course it was. While my FSH was okay (at that time), my AMH was 0.67. Who knows if it’s dropped since then. My E2 has remained slightly elevated (around 80) as well. While my FSH was slightly raised once after a injectable cycle, it’s usually normal.

After 3 failed IUIs we are doing our first IVF in early December. Some days I am hopeful, other days I am so scared to be disappointed again that just try and brace myself for it not working. Hearing your stories (both the successful and not successful ones) is reassuring that I am not alone. Thank you.

Hi I am 36 and when I started ivf I was labeled a poor responder. My amh was .2 fsh 7 and estrogen 27 and antral count of 8. They put me on the long lupron protocol and I had no response to stims after 7 days of 300 follistim and 175 menopur. I was devastated our cycle was cancelled I never thought I would get pregnant! Well my doctor was looking out for me and met with her coworkers and came up with my own protocol. I took estrogen patches .1mg 2 patches every 3 1/2 days. I also took 25mgs dhea 3 times a day. I did this for 28 days. The last 10 days of the 28 she had me take provera for 10 days. After 28 days I waited for af with no patches or provera, 3 days later af came and day 3 I went in for my baseline I had 7 antrals and my blood work was good. That nite I started 300 follistim and 300 menopur and I was taking 20 units microdose lupron. I responded really well and retrieval my e2 was over 4000 and we got 5 eggs out those 5 4 fertilized with ICsi. I had a 5 day transfer with 2 grade AB blasts and I am now 4 weeks pregnant!!! It can happen for you when you think all odds are stacked against you!!!

Michelle

Hang in there!

My FSH [B]8 months[/B] prior to IVF was 11.2 (I was 37 at the time).

I went through one IVF using the antagonist protocol (details below) and it had its downs and then its ups–only 4 antral follicles prior to cycling and talks of cancellation between days 5 and 8 of stims due to poor response. My RE said he’d be elated to have 3 or 4 at retrieval. I stimmed for about 13 days and by some miracle came out with 11 eggs–8 mature, 4 fertilized and 4 transfered on day 3 (2 6-cell, 1 3-cell and 1 2-cell). I was so stressed that I didn’t have any 8-cells!

I am currently 19 weeks pregnant with a little boy. Numbers are only one piece of the puzzle. Knowing my FSH was high, I took DHEA for 3 mos prior to cycling in hopes of improving egg quality. It’s hard to say if it helped or not. I also did a lot of research and asked a lot of questions. I would see some people on a 600 dose of Gonal-F and thought I should be on the same–wouldn’t more be better? My RE’s spent a lot of time educating me as to why that is not the case.

The odds weren’t in my favor, and in the end, I was lucky. As LDC said at the beginning of the thread, sometimes you may need to go through it, see what you learn from it and make adjustments. If you are lucky enough to have any insurance coverage (I wish!) then it may be less stressful to do a few “trial runs”.

It looks like you made it to retrieval…hope to see a great fertilization/transfer report from you soon!

[quote=mlhttc]Hi there! I was hoping that some of you who have had this type of experience could share it. I am currently facing a very uphill battle I have been told by my RE and my IVF nurse.

Thanks y’all! ;)[/quote]
[SIZE=3]I’ve had my FSH tested twice, the first time it was 13, and the next time it was 10. The AMH is a better prediction of how we will do. I am right there with you, my AMH is 0.4. With that, the RE said Follistim with IUI was not an option (zero percent success rate). So it’s GOOD you are doing IVF. I am going for my second and final IVF soon… :cross: [/SIZE]