High LH During IVF Cycle?

What is considered high LH during IVF and is there a negative consequence (aside from ovulation) and/ or impact to the eggs due to high LH?

Mine came back at 12.4 today and it was a cod red to take my Cetrotide…

[QUOTE=ColoradoGirl]What is considered high LH during IVF and is there a negative consequence (aside from ovulation) and/ or impact to the eggs due to high LH?

Mine came back at 12.4 today and it was a cod red to take my Cetrotide…[/QUOTE]

All that I have read the internet note that meiosis occurs when there is an LH surge. But when I spoke to the genetic counselor today, she told me it happens at ovulation. Here’s one link I got my info from: Molecular mechanisms of ovulation: co-ordination through the cumulus complex
I think depending on who you talk to - it could be or not be damaging to the eggs.
Sorry about all the stress. Hope it works out for you.

[QUOTE=ColoradoGirl]What is considered high LH during IVF and is there a negative consequence (aside from ovulation) and/ or impact to the eggs due to high LH?

Mine came back at 12.4 today and it was a cod red to take my Cetrotide…[/QUOTE]

This is what i found on the LH surge:

[COLOR=“Blue”]The LH surge stimulates luteinization of the granulosa cells and stimulates the synthesis of progesterone responsible for the midcycle FSH surge. Also, the LH surge stimulates resumption of meiosis and the completion of reduction division in the oocyte with the release of the first polar body. It has been demonstrated in cultured granulosa cells that spontaneous luteinization can occur in the absence of LH. It is hypothesized that the inhibitory effects of factors such as oocyte maturation inhibitor or luteinization inhibitor are overcome at ovulation [30]

The Normal Menstrual Cycle and the Control of Ovulation - Chapter 3 : Female Reproductive Endrinology | Endocrinology | EndoText.org

I have been researching this today because the same thing happened to me last cycle. My LH was 25. It’s good they caught it at 12.5.
Good luck to you.