Hormones: understanding test results.

Dear Friends,
Every cycle starts with certain tests and numbers. LH, Estrogen and FSH. They vary at different phases of the cycle. From baseline study to beta these numbers keep haunting us. Can we please enter our numbers in this thread and note down anything the RE said about them, it might help us to understand these tests better.

Baseline
December 17th 2011
FSH-6.2
Estrogen-50
LH-6.2
RE said all ok.

I think our numbers are around the sam area with the exception of my LH. Either way the look to be within normal range per my research and RE

Baseline
December 22ND 2011
FSH-8.99
Estrogen-56.0
LH-3.7

Cd3

CD 3 Labs/Baseline Labs:

FSH 3.7 (Generally less than 9 is ideal)

Estradiol 192 (Generally over 80 indicates poor egg quality)

AMH 2.5 (Generally less than 2 indicates fertility problems)

Note: If you estradiol levels are over 100, your FSH may be artifically suppressed as a result. Therefore, a “good” FSH is not particularly meaningful if the estradiol level is high.

As you can see in my signature…my labs were perfect indicators of our cycle outcomes :grr: . Obviously, it was worth a shot…but the numbers didn’t lie in the end.

AMH: 2.7
Estradiol: 44
FSH: 10.3, but a correlated value of 7. (I still don’t understand exactly what that means although my Dr. has explained it to me twice. Something about there being different ways of testing it… he says it’s not high.)

My doctor says I am a “good candidate.” :cross: that the next attempt is the one.

Thanks for the reply zazu13, lucyddr, passion104.
Today I got some more bloodwork done. Checked my thyroid levels too. Lets see how it goes. Will keep updating the numbers and RE’s notes on them.
I guess this will almost become our ivf journal. Good Luck everyone.

Just had my baseline appointment yesterday. (Was a very unusual appointment…but that is for another thread :)) I only got my estrogen level…

estrogen : 88 (day four after stopping bcp)

Nurse said it was a little higher than they like but we would have started the cycle if it were not for my ultrasound.

Dont worry at all… If the numbers were bad they would have stopped the cycle. Moreover the BCP might have something to do with it.

[quote=brit1612]Just had my baseline appointment yesterday. (Was a very unusual appointment…but that is for another thread :)) I only got my estrogen level…

estrogen : 88 (day four after stopping bcp)

Nurse said it was a little higher than they like but we would have started the cycle if it were not for my ultrasound.[/quote]