How do I stop thinking about getting pg for an inforced break cycle?

Hi girls,
I was all set to go for my second IUI only to find out when speaking with the nurse at the clinic today that the IVF technicians are all on holidays until the 9th of Jan. Due to my short cycle I will have ovulated by then so that means I have to have a break cycle.
My question is, how do I stop myself from thinking about getting pg? I’d really like to give this break cycle thing a good shot and not even try to get pg but I don’t know how to switch the thoughts off, I’m always so conscious that I’m near ‘o’ time etc. I’m going on a holiday from the 7th-11th of Jan which will help but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and how do they switch their thoughts off??? People tell me to stop thinking about it all the time but I don’t know how lol!

I’ve been TTC for 3 yrs and it takes me 3 years to not think about it so much. I’m tired about worrying so much. I think about how nice it would be to have a baby but i’m not crying too much or stressing about it.
So i dont really have any advice for you not to think about it because you will. Even if you shop, get facial done or whatever, when you come home, you’ll still think bout it. But i do suggest you get a massage or anything that helps your body to relax and be in a positive state. My friend from London suggested the Circle + Bloom Mind and Body program. It helps me to relax during a rest cycle. Some clinics offer this program as a 10 week course, it trains your mind to take control of your body. I can’t afford the course, so i just bought a CD from circlebloom.com
There is one CD that is specially aimed for IVF. Good luck to you!

[QUOTE=Dee1983]Hi girls,
I was all set to go for my second IUI only to find out when speaking with the nurse at the clinic today that the IVF technicians are all on holidays until the 9th of Jan. Due to my short cycle I will have ovulated by then so that means I have to have a break cycle.
My question is, how do I stop myself from thinking about getting pg? I’d really like to give this break cycle thing a good shot and not even try to get pg but I don’t know how to switch the thoughts off, I’m always so conscious that I’m near ‘o’ time etc. I’m going on a holiday from the 7th-11th of Jan which will help but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and how do they switch their thoughts off??? People tell me to stop thinking about it all the time but I don’t know how lol![/QUOTE]
Dee- You will think about it no matter what. It is part of it. Just be kind to yourself and when you find yourself thinking/obsessing acknowledge it and move on. Don’t beat yourself up over it. Your mind is in full speed ahead let’s get this going mode. It is hard to slow down.*:grouphug: