How important is the 7dpiui test?

Hello all! Quick question…
We would like to plan a weeks vacation the day after our IUI. I always go in 7dpiui to have blood work done to check my progesterone… I believe to double check that I’ve ovulated. Would it be ok to skip this test or do it 10dpiui when we return? I’ve left a message with the clinic, but their call back time is up to 5 business days (if it isn’t urgent) and we would really like to book something.
Thanks!

Mine is actually scheduled for 10dpiui, so I don’t see why that would be a problem. They always do mine around 7 - 10 dp…

They say 7dp ovulation is best because it peaks then or something. But if you’ve never had an issue with low progesterone i would say skip it all together and go enjoy a little vaca.

My doc has never even done a progesterone check. (And maybe she should have, given my last luteal phase WAS 7 days!) I wonder what they do if your progesterone isn’t where they had hoped at 7 days… put you on progesterone, or just say “oh, you didn’t ovulate, guess this cycle didn’t work.” If the latter, then waiting until 10 days won’t matter, and skipping it won’t either - it won’t change anything.

Read up a little. As far as I can tell, the purpose of the test is to confirm that you’re ovulating. Guess I’m not really concerned that I’m not getting one - I had a trigger shot and monitoring. Besides, now I’m on progesterone! Meanwhile - if you need to schedule your trip, go ahead. It won’t change the results for this cycle.

[QUOTE=Poenym]Read up a little. As far as I can tell, the purpose of the test is to confirm that you’re ovulating. Guess I’m not really concerned that I’m not getting one - I had a trigger shot and monitoring. Besides, now I’m on progesterone! Meanwhile - if you need to schedule your trip, go ahead. It won’t change the results for this cycle.[/QUOTE]

I guess you are right - in the end it don’t matter. If the progesterone is too low and they’ve quickly put you on progesterone - it would probably be too late to “fix” it. And if I didn’t ovulate then…so be it - a wasted cycle. BUT… I do the monitoring before and the trigger shot so wouldn’t it be a guarantee that I would ovulate? Sorry - I am niave to this stuff - I just listen to what the doctors tell me and I do it :slight_smile: I believe it’s their profession they better know it better than me :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=StillLovenLife]I guess you are right - in the end it don’t matter. If the progesterone is too low and they’ve quickly put you on progesterone - it would probably be too late to “fix” it. And if I didn’t ovulate then…so be it - a wasted cycle. BUT… I do the monitoring before and the trigger shot so wouldn’t it be a guarantee that I would ovulate? Sorry - I am niave to this stuff - I just listen to what the doctors tell me and I do it :slight_smile: I believe it’s their profession they better know it better than me :)[/QUOTE]

If your P4 test at 7dpIUI/ovulation is low being put on progesterone can actually save a cycle and hold onto the pregnancy. Since implantation doesn’t happen until 7dpIUI-12dpIUI (ovulation) its the right time to start it.

While most women ovulate after a trigger, there are only a few that is doesn’t work.

[QUOTE=missingmy#2]If your P4 test at 7dpIUI/ovulation is low being put on progesterone can actually save a cycle and hold onto the pregnancy. Since implantation doesn’t happen until 7dpIUI-12dpIUI (ovulation) its the right time to start it.

While most women ovulate after a trigger, there are only a few that is doesn’t work.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, missingmy#2…I specifically asked the doctor this question because I was getting nasty side effects from the progesterone suppositories - “can I quickly go on the progesterone after my 7dpiui blood test, if it is too low?”. And he said “no, by the time the progesterone started working it would be too late”. After asking everyone’s advise here - I then decided to deal with the crappy side effects and just take them.
Back to my vacation - we are just going to book something because I am on the progesterone suppositories anyway, and like Poenym said, if I didn’t ovulate, it would just be a wasted cycle.
Thanks everyone for your responses - always much appreciated!

I think blood test will show correct ovulation because My RE said when you are on medicine/Injectable drug always shows false OPK result So you cant trust 100% on it…