… should I expect :af:? I want to go back for my other two embryos we adopted ASAP, it’s the only thing keeping me from flying off the deep end, knowing I have two more waiting for me, but my OB told me it could be up to 2 months before :af: returns, and I don’t know how I’ll survive that time.
I’m sorry to hear about your chemical pregnancy.
Have you had your bleed from the chemical yet? Since your loss was so early, your next AF should come right on track and you should be able to get going again right away. That was my experience. I bled the day after my beta was 5, and my Dr was fine with cycling right away if I wanted to. My next period came on schedule.
Hi, and thanks for your quick reply! I’ve had no bleeding, no spotting even. The beta 5 was drawn on Monday, found out about it yesterday, and today still no spotting. So based on your experience, it sounds like I may be ready in about 3 weeks, which I guess is more bearable.
Did you do anything differently? DH thinks I should go on bedrest next time, but our issue is MF, so there’s nothing wrong with my uterus that would require bedrest. Or am I misunderstanding the purpose of bedrest? Our donor was on bedrest, but her issue was uterus-related. I can’t afford to be on bed rest “just in case” bc I teach, and I’d have to pay a sub out of pocket to do that.
I’m sorry for the disappointment. I had the same experience. I didn’t stop meds until we were over 7 weeks along, but I never even developed much of a yolk sac, and no fetal pole. I miscarried about 2 days after stopping meds and my next AF came right on track. However, my RE wanted my beta to go down to 0 before we could try again and for me that happened really slowly - I think it took 4-6 weeks. SO I had to wait an extra cycle becuase even though AF came, my beta levels were still elevated. It was very frustrating because like you we wanted to get going again right away. But I had to keep telling myself that it didn’t make any sens moving on if my chances were going to be compromised by moving too soon…
I hope the next transfer sticks!
Thanks. I’m going back for a third beta on Monday, so I guess if it’s 0 by then, I can expect :af: right on time?
[quote=anilorak13ska]Hi, and thanks for your quick reply! I’ve had no bleeding, no spotting even. The beta 5 was drawn on Monday, found out about it yesterday, and today still no spotting. So based on your experience, it sounds like I may be ready in about 3 weeks, which I guess is more bearable.
Did you do anything differently? DH thinks I should go on bedrest next time, but our issue is MF, so there’s nothing wrong with my uterus that would require bedrest. Or am I misunderstanding the purpose of bedrest? Our donor was on bedrest, but her issue was uterus-related. I can’t afford to be on bed rest “just in case” bc I teach, and I’d have to pay a sub out of pocket to do that.[/quote]
From what I’ve read, the whole bedrest thing isn’t really proven to help. Different Dr.s have different requirements for bedrest, but yet people get pregnant no matter what. My Dr. didn’t really require bedrest - just to “take it easy” for the first 48 hours or so, and no exercise (heart rate above 120 bpm) during 2ww. I don’t think the recommendation for bedrest has to do with uterine issues - different Dr.s have different recommendations based on their own research and biases.
I took it pretty easy the day of transfer, and did lie around bed for a few hours, but I also went out to a restaurant with friends that evening, so it was by no means full bedrest. We transferred out of town, so the next day flew home (4 hour flight), so again I took it easy, but not bedrest. After that went back to work (desk job).
I’m so, so sorry. I had such high hopes for you with this one!
I had a chemical pregnancy in November. My beta was 13 on 11/07 and still 13 on 11/09. That’s when I stopped progesterone and my period started on 11/12. My next FET is scheduled for 12/16. You should be able to get in again in January!
I just saw your question about the bedrest. I’ve never done bedrest with any of my cycles, but I have tried to take it easy for 2-3 days after. I have a tri-level house so I’ve climbed steps and not limited my activity, but just given myself permission for the day to sit on the couch and veg. Honestly, I don’t hink it realyl has any effect. For me it was all about not having regrets. If I did go back to work (I’m a pediatrician so am on my feet all day long) and my cycle was not successful, would I always wonder “what if?”. I know there are some women whose REs have actually actively recommended against bedrest because of the potential for decreased blood flow to the uterus with the inactivity.
Can you time the transfer for a school break? I know a lot of teachers have tried to do that. Not always possible, I know…
Well, I started cramping and bleeding today, but I’m confused and don’t know if this is :af: and I should expect my next regular cycle in about 4 weeks, or if this is bleeding related strictly to the miscarriage[B][U][I]?[/I][/U][/B]
I really loved doing this in a natural cycle and am glad I could, so even though I know I can’t really time it well, I’d rather do another natural cycle than avoid missing work. Unless I wait until the summer, when I’m expecting minimal classes anyway, but I do not see myself waiting that long.