How Long did it take you to get your blood results for NT scan?

I’m hoping some of you ladies can tell me how long it took you to receive your bloodwork results when you had your NT scan. I had my NT scan 11/18 and the technician said everything looked normal. I had the bloodwork done the same day and she said that the I should have the results in 5 days.

Well today would be the 5th day but of course with the holiday I am not sure if that delayed things. It doesn’t seem like the bloodwork would take that long with the lab since I thought they were just looking at HCG and PAPP-A. But then again this is all new territory for me and I really don’t know what to think or expect.

I was really hoping to tell my extended family yesterday at Thanksgiving dinner because I rarely see them (they live on the west coast and I live on the east coast) but I refrained because I don’t have this result.

Does anyone know if they would call sooner if the results were questionable? I am hoping that no news is good news but it is really unnerving not knowing. I even tried to call my OB-GYN today but looks like the office is closed :frowning:

Many thanks to all and I hope everyone is enjoying an extended holiday weekend! :flower:

[quote=jenna356]I’m hoping some of you ladies can tell me how long it took you to receive your bloodwork results when you had your NT scan. I had my NT scan 11/18 and the technician said everything looked normal. I had the bloodwork done the same day and she said that the I should have the results in 5 days.

Well today would be the 5th day but of course with the holiday I am not sure if that delayed things. It doesn’t seem like the bloodwork would take that long with the lab since I thought they were just looking at HCG and PAPP-A. But then again this is all new territory for me and I really don’t know what to think or expect.

I was really hoping to tell my extended family yesterday at Thanksgiving dinner because I rarely see them (they live on the west coast and I live on the east coast) but I refrained because I don’t have this result.

Does anyone know if they would call sooner if the results were questionable? I am hoping that no news is good news but it is really unnerving not knowing. I even tried to call my OB-GYN today but looks like the office is closed :frowning:

Many thanks to all and I hope everyone is enjoying an extended holiday weekend! :flower:[/quote]

Hun… I’m in the same boat right now. I had my NT Scan an was told everything was normal then they done the bloodwork an I had that all done Oct 29 an still not got mine back. :frowning: I called my doctor that done the NT Scan an he said it takes a lot longer for it to come back. So here we’re still waiting too get the results. Still nothing. They said when I have my Quad screening it will come back faster than this one bloodwork an I’m like WHAT? This just don’t make no sense but the doctor said the other bloodwork has to go through more stuff. Hope how soon we get the results in. I’ve been on the edge for weeks now thinking it would done been in by now, but NOPE…

Good Luck too you hun. Hope you get your results back soon… This waiting is hard…

It takes about a week or so. This time around, I went in for my blood test over a week before I had my NT scan. That way, when I went in for my scan, the perinatologist was able to give me a full report and explain everything. When I was pregnant with my daughter, I had my scan first and blood test results later. It was agonizing, but the test results just confirmed what the ultrasound showed, which is that everything was fine.

With normal ultrasound results, your blood work will probably be just fine, too. Hang in there!

Thank you girls for responding. I had a regular appointment with my OB-GYN yesterday and still no results. Grrrr. The only plus is that my doctor said IF there is something concerning people usually hear directly from the lab.

[U]SlyFoxy[/U]–Good lord, that is such a long time to wait! Can you ask your OB-GYN office to try and get to the bottom of what is taking so long? I hope you find out soon but try to take solace in the old “no news is good news” adage.

[U]Eggy[/U]–you were smart to get your bloodwork done earlier!

My NT scan is on 12/10 - I’m calling my OB’s office tomorrow to see if I can get the bloodwork done this week… good idea! The waiting is hard enought… why add more time to it if it can be avoided. I just wonder if you need to be at a certain point in the pregnancy to get the bloodwork. I’ll be 11w, 6 days when I have the NT scan… does anyone know?

Mgk–I found this article that said the blood can be drawn between 9 and 13 weeks so you can probably do it now. Hindsight being 20/20, I think it is a wise move and wish I would have looked into it!

Screening for Down syndrome | BabyCenter

Good luck with your scan!!

Thanks Jenna!! That’s good news. I’m planning to call the OB’s office this morning.

I had my test done on a Thursday and had my results on Monday. My results were questionable (but everything is fine). I guess some labs just take longer than others. I think it is a great idea to do the blood work early.

[quote=jenna356]Thank you girls for responding. I had a regular appointment with my OB-GYN yesterday and still no results. Grrrr. The only plus is that my doctor said IF there is something concerning people usually hear directly from the lab.

[U]SlyFoxy[/U]–Good lord, that is such a long time to wait! Can you ask your OB-GYN office to try and get to the bottom of what is taking so long? I hope you find out soon but try to take solace in the old “no news is good news” adage.

[U]Eggy[/U]–you were smart to get your bloodwork done earlier![/quote]

jenna356~ I called my High Risk Obgyn office an they looked an said there is nothing in about my bloodwork. They told me when go too my other obgyn Friday too see if the results is in at their office as sometimes it will be there. I hope & :pray: they have the results Friday so we know what it says. Plus hopeful find out the gender of the LO that day too. Hurry up Friday get here…

I hope you find out your results soon also. This waiting is the pits at times. Good Luck…

My OB’s office called me back and said that I can’t get the blood work early. They said that they needed the measurements from the NT scan first?? I know this isn’t true - but what can I do?? Ugh!!!

Anyway, I hope everyone waiting still gets the results soon and that all is well!!

Found out my all my bloodwork an the doctor was thrilled with it. He said it was great… For my age he said he has never seen bloodwork as great as mine. He said I’m consider younger…

All bloodwork normal an great. Baby no problems at all. :clap:

The doctor said reason didn’t call me or anything was they wanted to wait til I came in an tell me how great my bloodwork was.

Good Luck to others…

[quote=SlyFoxy]Found out my all my bloodwork an the doctor was thrilled with it. He said it was great… For my age he said he has never seen bloodwork as great as mine. He said I’m consider younger…

All bloodwork normal an great. Baby no problems at all. :clap:

The doctor said reason didn’t call me or anything was they wanted to wait til I came in an tell me how great my bloodwork was.

Good Luck to others…[/quote]

Sly–Great news!! You must be so relieved after such a long wait. Congratulations on your baby girl!! I got my b/w results back yesterday too (I had to call them) and they said everything looks good. I have a second blood draw coming up but I am happy I can breathe a little sigh of relief at the moment!

mgk–that stinks your MD wouldn’t let you get your b/w done earlier. On the upside I think in most cases b/w results come back faster than say mine did and at least you are not dealing with a holiday in there. Best of luck next week!!