How long did you wait after giving birth to try for a sibling?

Hi all,

We welcomed our baby boy back in August after the first try thank God. We wanted to know how long it is recommended to wait before we go again with a fresh cycle of IVF. We were thinking we’d try the next one when he’s a year old. Is that too soon?

I have read it should be at least 6 months, so a year is plenty of time. They do want you to have stopped breastfeeding for at least 3 months generally because it can impact the stim phase.

We waited a year because I wanted to BF for a year. We went for our FET consult when our DD was 13 months.

Good luck and congrats on your new baby!

After our son was born we waited a little over a year (like 13 or 14 months) and then tried again and I got pregnant immediately (both were IUI’s though). I think it more depends on your individual body. For me I had preeclampsia really bad with my son (I was on bed rest for 8 weeks and I still had him 6 weeks early) so my OBGYN wanted my body to fully heal from that before I was pregnant again.

I also waited a year to BF our little girl and then started the next cycle when she was about 15 months old. Our son is now a year and I stopped BF about a month ago. We’re looking to try again in the next month or so.