How long does it take for your clinic to return calls?

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Hello everyone! I’m so happy to have found this forum. My husband and I are just starting the IVF process and I’m already finding myself frustrated. We are going to Women and Infants Center for Reproduction & Fertility in Rhode Island. Does anyone have any experience with this clinic that they would like to share? The reason I am getting frustrated is because of the long wait for return phone calls. It took them over a week to get back to us about my husband’s semen analysis, they never called me to tell me the results of my FSH test like they said they would and I wound up having to pester them to get the results. Now I’m waiting for the IVF coordinator to get back to me and she isn’t! We met with the RE last Monday (10/18) to get this process rolling (we had met with him several weeks beforehand so this wasn’t our 1st appt.) and he put me on birth control pills the very next day (Tuesday 10/19) after I had blood work done for my 3 day FSH. I was lucky that :af: happened to coincide perfectly with this appointment and the RE told me we could get started right away. I was told to call the clinic’s IVF coordinator on Wednesday once my blood work came back and that she would give me the dates for the appointments ect going forward. Well, I called her on 10/20 and got her voicemail which said that messages are returned within 2 business days. So I left a message and by Monday (10/25) I still haven’t had a return phone call. I called her again yesterday AM (10/25) and I’m still hanging around waiting for her to return my call and it’s now Tuesday late AM. Is this normal for them to take so long to get back to you? I was under the impression that I would be starting Lupron injections within a couple of weeks after starting the BCP and they want you to sign up for an injections class to show you how to do this properly. I don’t see how I can stay on the schedule the RE gave me if the IVF coordinator won’t call me back! [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Ugg….I’m sorry to sound so frustrated and maybe it’s something I just need to get used to in the process. Birth control pills have always made me sick to my stomach and I’ve spent the last week under a constant state of nauseasness (is that even a word? lol). I’m just curious to find out if this normal protocol for clinics or if I need to make a phone call to complain. I don’t want to make a pain of myself but I don’t want to sit around waiting for a phone call that may never come either. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Also, my FSH levels came back at 6.97 and my estradiol levels were “normal” but I didn’t think to ask what the exact level was. Is a 6.97 good for someone my age? I’m 39. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Thank you![/SIZE][/FONT]

Im from MA and I got to Reproductive Scicence Center in Milford and Ive they were terrific. Always got phone call between 1-3 in afternoon with test results and I could talk to my nurse at anytime of the day and night. In fact, I would go in to talk to her whenever I wanted and she was always available to me it was fantastic! What your having to deal with is unacceptable. If I called my nurse and left a message, they would always call me back within a few hours if not sooner. Ive never heard of the wait you are dealing with. As for your fsh, that is a great number!!!

Hi!
6.97 FSH is awesome for anyone, much less a 39 year old! Congrats. They like to see them under 10 for good ovarian reserve.

I don’t know anything about your clinic, but I can tell you that each place varies. You need to find a place that will be responsive to your needs and make you feel good about spending all this $$ to conceive your baby. It may be time to set another office visit with the doctor to see if that level of attention is what you should expect. Then they will have the chance to correct the issue or you will decide to go elsewhere!

I’ve experienced a clinic that is a zoo, with long waits and they never seem to pick up the phone. I knew that going in though, so it was expected.

Another clinic I’m familiar with is much more warm and friendly with prompt attention and a live person ALWAYS answers. It’s a personal choice!

A few other suggestions- there is some research out there on Royal Jelly with Bee Pollen in Honey. Check it out as it can be helpful for egg quality. Also, each protocol is different, but you might expect to be on BC 2 weeks to 1 month. And Lupron is an easy injection- small needle, not painful.

Good luck!
(Make sure you join the November IVF board, as they will give you a wealth of resources for your journey and you can discuss and compare protocols!)

Thanks for the input! We are paying A LOT of money for this procedure and it’s all out of pocket. The only thing that is covered is the meds. I think perhaps I will call again today and ask the receptionist what the standard wait time is to get to speak to the coordinator. I just don’t want to be left hanging, waiting and wondering.

UPDATE: Just called and was told that she was out sick yesterday and isn’t in again today. Ok…but why didn’t she call me back last week? sigh anyway…I was told that someone is handling her calls and that someone “should” be calling me back but she doesn’t know when or even if it will be today.

I hate to jump ship so soon but I’m not getting good vibes from this clinic. I don’t want to sound like a complainer, but somehow I didn’t think it was going to be like this.