How long is the Luteal phase? Thanks!

I O’d on December 17 and my CD1 was on January 3. Do you know if Hypothyroidism can cause a longer lute,al phase.

Thanks!

Farah

I’ve read that it can cause a shorter luteal phase. I found this article online. Underactive Thyroid Symptoms: Borderline Hypothyroidism and Thyroid Deficiency Symptoms

Wow! Thanks! I used to have 14 days but last 2 were 16, might be due to fertility meds than thyroid.

Thank you for the article!
Farah

A stronger ovulation will produce a higher progesterone level. That would mean it would take longer to go down low enough to start AF. Maybe thats why since the medicated cycle.

[QUOTE=missingmy#2]A stronger ovulation will produce a higher progesterone level. That would mean it would take longer to go down low enough to start AF. Maybe thats why since the medicated cycle.[/QUOTE]

That makes sense. I took Clomid 100mg cd5-9 in November. In December, I took the break but did monitor my BBT and used OPK just to monitor my cycle, that is why I knew when I ovulated. Both months I did have little longer luteal phase than before. Missingmy#2; if I ovulated on December 17 (CD15) and got my periods on January 3, would the luteal phase be 16 days? What I am trying to ask is; do we count the day after ovulation and then count till the day before AF or till the day of AF. Just curious. I know in one of the posts you explained it.

Thanks,
Farah

Yes basically… Ovulation day is 0dpo and the say AF starts starts a new cycle being CD1. So Jan 2nd would be the last day of your LP which would have been 16 days post ovulation.

[QUOTE=missingmy#2]Yes basically… Ovulation day is 0dpo and the say AF starts starts a new cycle being CD1. So Jan 2nd would be the last day of your LP which would have been 16 days post ovulation.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tiffany!

Farah

[QUOTE=far2011]Thanks Tiffany!

Farah[/QUOTE]

You are welcome!