How many days did you stim before triggering?

Just started stims tonight and just curious how long I may be stimming.

Can you list how many days you stimmed, the protocol you were on and meds?

TIA

[quote=loveli]Just started stims tonight and just curious how long I may be stimming.

Can you list how many days you stimmed, the protocol you were on and meds?

TIA[/quote] Hi Loveli,
I was on Micro dose Lupron protocol
10 antral follicle count
diluted lupron 20 units twice daily from 11-19-2010

11-21-ovarian stimulation Gonal f 450,low dose of hcg 6 unit and baby aspirin
11-24 ultrasound 10 follicle e2=200
11-27 ultrasound 10 follicle e2=1061
11-29 ultrasound 10 follicle e2=2345 (left l1-16;2-14;1-11;1-10 right 1-16;1-14;1-11;2-10)
Before trigger 3p.m. 450 gonal F and 11:10 p.m trigger
12.1.2010 Retrieve 7 eggs

12.2.2010 Fert report 6 eggs ferilized
:pray:

I wish you all the best
What kind of protocol you have?
Vesna[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Thank you! I wish you the best too :flower:

Congrats on the fert report.

I’m on the antagonist protocol. I was on BCP for a couple of months, partly because my November cycle was canceled due to a cyst that had to be removed, and I’m stimming with gonal-f and menopur. At some point I will start ganirelix.

The stims on that study are very short.

Most stims run about 10 days.

They usually run 8-12 days (so 10 being average). I stimmed for 12, but I was oversuppressed to start with. We’re dropping Lupron this cycle, so hopefully I won’t stim that long this time.

Hey loveli…i stimmed for 8 days…no bcp started out with gonal f 225 then every couple days dropped my dose…took my trigger on day 9! Good luck

I stimmed for 9 days. I was on the long lupron protocol and started with higher stim doses (if we do another cycle, I have a feeling we’ll switch to antagonist, but we’ll see). I started with 300 IUs of Gonal-F and 150 of Menopur/day, with 5 units of Lupron to keep me suppressed. At my day 5 scan, I had four follicles already over 12 mm, with two of those around 15 mm. After that, the doctor cut my Gonal-F in half; Menopur the same. After the next check, it was adjusted daily; I did anywhere from 75-150 of Gonal-F per day and only 75 of Menopur for the last three days or so. Lupron stayed constant at 5 units/day.

I had 11 eggs retrieved, 9 mature. I was happy with this, since I thought those four big ones at the beginning kind of doomed me.

Antagonist cycle. First cycle stimmed for 11 days 15 eggs retrieved, 13 mature, 12 fertilized, second cycle stimmed for 8 days, 7 eggs, 5 mature, 3 fertilized

Im also on Antagonist Protocol. Today is day 13th. My estrogen is low (847) got 7 follies: 21.5; 17; 16.5; 14.5; 12; 10.5; 9.5. My RE prefers to do ER with 6 follies minimum. I think he will cancel this one too. :grr:

I did the antagonist protocol, but I was on BCPs for 6 weeks beforehand, which may have oversuppressed me.

I took 600iu follistim and 150 menopur for 11 days and had 1 ganirelex injection after triggering.

I had zero response by day 6 and was sure I’d get cancelled, but by day 9 I had 3 follicles. I ended up with 4 eggs, 3 mature, and 2 embryos made it to day 5 for transfer.

Best of luck to you!

[quote=Eirlis]I did the antagonist protocol, but I was on BCPs for 6 weeks beforehand, which may have oversuppressed me.

I took 600iu follistim and 150 menopur for 11 days and had 1 ganirelex injection after triggering.

I had zero response by day 6 and was sure I’d get cancelled, but by day 9 I had 3 follicles. I ended up with 4 eggs, 3 mature, and 2 embryos made it to day 5 for transfer.

Best of luck to you![/quote]

Wow thats amazing! :clap::bsv::bsv:

Can I ask what was your estrogen level?

Thanks for all the replies ladies :slight_smile:

Get a 2nd opinion.

10 days, microdose Lupron and Menopur.

Hi there-

I stimmed for 7 days on follistim. Good luck!

9 days. Started with 225 IU Follistim, on the 9th day I went down to 150 IU.

7 days???

Hmmmm… did I stim too early? If average is 8-12 days, would that mean that I grew my follies too quick at 7 days and that they were not the best quality? Please let me know what you think.

Thanks for all the responses ladies :nerd:

I ended up stimming for 8 days and triggering on the 9th day.

[QUOTE=artchickadee]Hmmmm… did I stim too early? If average is 8-12 days, would that mean that I grew my follies too quick at 7 days and that they were not the best quality? Please let me know what you think.[/QUOTE]

That’s not necessarily the case. Some women just respond faster to stims. I thought I would trigger days ago with the number and sizes of my follicles. I really hope I don’t get OHSS.

I stimmed for 11 days. Started with Gonal-F 150, upped to 225 and then back to 150.

It really depends on how you react to stims. I was obviously a slow responder.