How many days past iui would af come?

whats normal?

A normal luteal phase is 14 days, so AF would show up 14 dpIUI.

However if you are on progesterone, many women don’t get AF until they stop, so if you go in for your beta on 14dpIUI and it is BFN, and you stop progesterone then, mine always took a couple of days to show up. So more like 16dpIUI.

Johnna

[QUOTE=momtonewfs]A normal luteal phase is 14 days, so AF would show up 14 dpIUI.

However if you are on progesterone, many women don’t get AF until they stop, so if you go in for your beta on 14dpIUI and it is BFN, and you stop progesterone then, mine always took a couple of days to show up. So more like 16dpIUI.

Johnna[/QUOTE]

Actually if you have a LP of 14 days, AF would show up on what would be 15dpIUI. If it showed up 14dpIUI then your LP would be 13 days. The reason is the day of full flow is CD1.

The way I’ve always understood it is that I have a 14 day LP and my AF comes on 14dpIUI because the luteal phase starts at ovulation (0dpo/0dpIUI), not 1dpo/1dpIUI.

Regardless, the day your period starts is based on your own cycles. A woman’s LP usually doesn’t vary but, upon occasion, it might by a day or two. I’ve had the occasion for my LP to be shorter, but not longer, at least not that I’ve noticed anyway. If you usually start AF 14 days after you ovulate then that’s when to expect AF (14dpIUI or ovulation).

[QUOTE=Kris79]The way I’ve always understood it is that I have a 14 day LP and my AF comes on 14dpIUI because the luteal phase starts at ovulation (0dpo/0dpIUI), not 1dpo/1dpIUI.[/QUOTE]

The LP doesn’t start until the day after ovulation… 1dpo/IUI. Ovulation kinda gets it own day, and the next is the count down… ok count up LOL. That is what i’ve learned in my many years of charting. So really you would have a 13 day LP.

Interesting…never realized that! Thanks!

I have learned you can still wind up getting your period while on the progesterone supplements. I always thought it was impossible if your progesterone levels were high enough, but alas, I have started my period early twice - 12dpiui.

I feel like nothing is ever predictable with me! :wink: