How many embryos to transfer

Hi girls. I’m looking for some advice. I’m on my 4th IVF
(6 IUI’s no luck). I’m 43.
I’m taking my HCG trigger tonight and retrieval on Saturday. I have no insurance so everything is self pay and I’m thinking I may be able to swing one more cycle if this one doesn’t work.
So, my question is - how many embryos should I transfer? I have always transferred 3, but since I’m getting down to my last tries I was thinking 4. I’ve done a lot of research and I still don’t know what to do?

Any advice? My RE won’t give me any. I’m sure for legal reasons, but i just don’t know what to do.

Thanks
Andrea

Transfer…

Hello Andreais,

This is a good website for you to be on to ask for advice… I am NO expert at no means, but have been around woman your age with this question. I would say transfer between 2-4 based on the quality of the embabies. But, just keep in mind that is a chance of multiables. This may help or not, but I wish you and your family the best!!!

Are you doing a day 3 or 5 transfer? At 42, I transferred 2 day-3 embryos - both initially stuck but I ultimately ended up with one perfect little girl. At 44, we were going to do 2 day-5 embryos … but I only ended up with 4 embryos total, so we transferred them all on day 3 (I was freaking out, but BFN). I think at our age, the odds of a good embryo are like 1 in 10 - so it’s kind of a crapshoot.

I guess my initial advice is not to transfer more than you’d be willing to carry unless you’d consider selective reduction. And if you have lots of good looking embryos to choose from, perhaps you’ll have some frosties to take another shot at it down the road a bit more affordably.

Good luck!!

My doctor gave me his opinion of course at the end of the day it is yours my husband and I have been talking about it since we started the process depending on how they look the day of transfer we will make our final choice. Best of luck to you

hard one…I suppose it depends on how many eggs you get fertilized and make it…and then the prospect of freezing, which would be an amazing blessing.