How many Fet's did it take YOU?

So, here is my history, im not sure how to add it to my profile (any tips or know hows?!?) I have known i have severe pcos since i was 16. The DR. told me all i would need is pills to get pregnant (HAHA YEAH RIGHT!!!) Hardly any periods my whole life (im now 25) MY hubbie is all around perfect (fertility wise, 90,000 something sperm count) So when we wanted a baby, we did 6 months clomid with timed BD, 3 months i ovulated, 3 months i didnt, all BFN UGGGHHH!! :grr: !! Got new Re’s. They are AWSOME!!! We did soooo many cycles for IUI with follistim (dont know how many)… all a bust because i overstilmilated for ALL of them, like 20-30 eggs each time:grr: . So we moved on to IVF. Drs said i would have NO problem with IVF, that i was the “prime candidate”. Fitst IVF in OCTOBER 2011, got moderate OHSS, cancelled ET to prevent OHSS from getting worse. Did first FET 11/16, 5dp5dt got first BFP:pray::pray: , got BFP’s all the way to 12dp5dt (17dpo). Today at 17dpo i got the call from RE that beta #2 was 102, after beta #1 was 106… so looking like a chem preg:wings: , but to me its an early miscarrage, how can they even call it a chem preg??? i was preg and now im not… HORRIBLE FALSE HOPE! Im devistated! Anyway… i want to know how many of u have had success after failed FET?!? I have 29 embryos left. 15 of wich are “top quality” or so im told. If that the case, I dont understand how we lost this one?? ( we wanted to transfer 2 but one of our RE’s pushed and pushed for us to transfer only one, because they were “such good quality embies” and we had “so many” and im “so young” blah blah…) Im scared i psyched myself out. When i got a BFP i was thrilled, a day later it was follwed by total fear and panic that i would lose it, that continued! It was like wow, were finally preg after 2.5 years, i cant imagine losing this baby after this… and we did. We lost it! Did i “stress” my baby away?!? Any one have success after failed FET??? Im simply scared i will lose one again and again. I cant imagine doing this again and again and again. Running low on hope… Anything will help!

I am sorry you lost your baby. Dont give up hope. You have so many eggs other people would kill for that many. stay strong praying for you.

I am kind of like your case but not exactly. I also have pcos and it took a long time to concieve and finally came down to ivf however I OHSS so I could not do a fresh transfer. with my FET I had DD in April. I am doing another transfer in Jan and transfering only 1. I transferred two the first time and got really lucky with her. I would not be able to handle twins lol. Keep your head up it will work out.

I understand your fears. You didn’t ‘stress’ your baby away. I didn’t have PCOS, but my first FET ended up a chemical. My 2nd FET was BFN (but that was to be expected as my embryo’s were only 4 and 5cells at 3d). However my 3rd FET resulted in a BFP and Twins! My babies are now 5m old today!!! I have 4 embryo’s left.

Sometimes these things happen. Even though you got 29 eggs it doesn’t mean that each of those eggs are going to develop into a baby. Those eggs were matured artificially with drugs, and there is no way to tell which ones are chromosomally perfect to develop into an embryo.

It’s been said that some eggs are only ‘helper eggs’ and function to help develop the lining for implantation of another egg. I think that maybe some of those eggs retrieved were helper eggs, and thus were never meant to be a baby. However crazy that seems, I believe it to be true.

Just stay positive, keep thinking that your next cycle will work. At least you have lots of eggs, not something most people can say. Good luck and I’m sure one of the cycles will work for you!

Thank you for the responses. I am trying to stay positive. The Dr seems very confident still, and says this cycle was just kind of “Bad Luck” but not a reflection of the future cycles. so im trying to find hope in that. Im just so drained. kuddos to all of us who have gone through this for so long! It take so much strength and courage. FET #2 in January, once HCG leaves my body fully.

Hi JACN08,

Before your next FET, you might want to ask your doctor if you can get a blood test for autoimmune problems (if you haven’t already been tested). For some people who have these problems such as elevated antibodies, their body attacks the embryos because it sees the embryos as invaders. The solution for that might be a blood thinner other than baby aspirin.

You might want to ask the doctor or embryologist what percentage of cells in the embryos you’re transferring survived the freeze/thaw process because that could also be an indicator of potential success and might dictate whether you should transfer one or two.

Best of luck for a BFP in 2012!

Hi BabiesAreCute,
The embryologist told me our embryo had 90% of the cells servive. That it “looked great”. So i think it was fine there. As far as the blood test for the autoimmune thing, is that necessary? This was my first and only chem preg. From what RE said, chemicals and m/c are common? It does kind of puzzle me bc everything looked so good, they were so confident, so i kinda dont get it.

Hi everyone,
I am very happy to see you all loving mother, I understand people having fertility problem. But after any surgery please be in touch with your doctors because any changes or unusual thing can create problem for you. be healthy and confident. All the best for your children.:pray:

[quote=JACN08]Hi BabiesAreCute,
The embryologist told me our embryo had 90% of the cells servive. That it “looked great”. So i think it was fine there. As far as the blood test for the autoimmune thing, is that necessary? This was my first and only chem preg. From what RE said, chemicals and m/c are common? It does kind of puzzle me bc everything looked so good, they were so confident, so i kinda dont get it.[/quote]

You’re right, most dr.s will not perform autoimmune testing after just one chemical pg. I’ve had two in a row now and they’re still saying it’s bad luck. Fertility is a numbers game and sometimes you just need another try. I hope one more is all you need! :grouphug:

Thank you Chelsea, i am hoping FET # 2 is it for us:cross: , since we will be transfering 2 this time, i hope it helps our odds :slight_smile: Also saw you just did your fet, GOOD LUCK TO YOU!! And :bsv: ! You are so right, Fertility treatment seems to be big game of luck at this point.

We did a fresh cycle that was an eSET and didn’t work, then one frozen with 2 blasts that did work. I know having the chemical pregnancy is heartbreaking, but don’t despair, you’ll get there. You are young with tons of embryos to use! And don’t forget that not every embryo is going to be genetically normal. Our eSET was with a text book looking embryo, and it didn’t work (BFN). Does it mean something is wrong with me? Not necessarily. For our FET we did 2 text book looking blasts, totally perfect, and I’m pregnant with a singleton. Initially I wondered why the other didn’t take, although I think being pregnant with twins would have freaked me out.
Don’t forget too that women with PCOS are at higher risk for early pregnancy loss, presumably from the altered hormonal milieu seen with PCOS.