How many HPTs did you take??

Hey ladies,

Tomorrow will be my 5dp4dt and i’m considering taking a HPT because the wait is killing me, but i know its still really early. i only bought 5 tests for the 2ww and i’m assuming i’ll take all 5…guess i need to work on my patience, ha ha.

all together, how many HPTs did you go through during the 2ww? on what day did you start testing (even if you knew it was to early for the BFP!)??

just curious :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I ordered 20 online and only had 2-3 left by the time I was done with them. I started testing at 3dp5dt knowing that it would be negative but ensuring that trigger was out of my system. I did 3 tests on 5dp5dt – morning, afternoon, evening since I read that lots of people were getting their BFP’s on that day and got nothing. Then I got the faintiest of lines the next day, so I tested again in the afternoon and in the evening. I even made my partner take a pee test that morning because I thought I saw something on mine and wanted to see if his had anything. It was fun watching sticks get darker but they never ever got dark or anywhere close to as dark as control line. I wish you the best and to go crazy watching those sticks get darker with happiness.

W/ my daughter I started testing 5dp3dt and got a negative and then the next day got the FAINTEST LINE EVER! :slight_smile: I took about 7 more test to watch it get a little darker each day.

W/ the twins I started testing 4dp3dt and it was negative, but the next day at only 5dp3dt it was positive!

Don’t get discouraged if you get bfn for a couple of days. I am a rare case of early bfp’s! Most don’t get theirs until about 8-10 days after their transfer. Good luck!

I am a POAS -aholic and probably took like 10-12 tests w/ my 2nd IVF. :slight_smile:

haha glad to see others are a poas-aholic like me… I started 4dp5dt expecting to get negative but there was a faint line:woohoo: so then i poas every 2 days until beta to watch it get darker… plus i had a random ept so i did that one too ( i prefer the first response with the 2 pink lines) so all together it was 6! and to be honest I’m considering buying more just to see it again! hahaha there is something about seeing that positive that makes up for all the negative ya know! hehe good luck and let us know what you see:clap::clap:

well i ended up taking one today, even though i knew it was to early…(5dp4dt) it was :bfn: . i’ll a few more days and try again…i can definatly see how POAS can be addictive!!

good luck ladies!!
:bsv: :bsv: :bsv:

Please keep us posted! Wishing you the best!!! I was a total addict :slight_smile:

Well I suck at patience and I started poas on 3dp5dt:bfn: 5dp5dt:bfn: 7dp5dt:bfn: :(. I have gone out and bought some more test and plan on poas every 2 days until I get those lines I think I have serious issues but hey ’ a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do’ :)! Good luck, I will definately keep you posted as my beta is 11/11. Good LUCK!

My wife and I were curious last night so we went and got some HPT. Yesterday was 5dp5t. And the results were :bfp: . Of course we got a digital HPT that actually read “pregnant”. :woohoo:

My wife was speechless, going so long constantly getting negatives and I was cautiously optimistic knowing all the information behind HPT and IVF and how all the hormones and hcG shot from ER can still be in the system. So we plan to do one test a day and see if we get a different results. At this time we will continue to :pray: that the results remain the same!

Our Beta isn’t until 11/16.

MD couple- If you are getting + on HPT, you should call your clinic and ask if they will move up your beta. Some will do it and save you the excruciating wait!

I started POAS on 3dp5dt to test out HCG. POAS each morning until 6dp5dt, when I say the faintest line (it was a cheap test from early-pregnancy-test.com). I didn’t even realize it was positive until hours later when I came back to it and researched evap lines. Then I took a dollar tree and a FRER test (after drinking like Juno to get enough pee). :bfp: I never realized the line would be so faint!!

I figured I had a low beta, but when I went in for beta yesterday at 8dp5dt, it was 389!! Whoa!

[quote=angelique]MD couple- If you are getting + on HPT, you should call your clinic and ask if they will move up your beta. Some will do it and save you the excruciating wait!

I started POAS on 3dp5dt to test out HCG. POAS each morning until 6dp5dt, when I say the faintest line (it was a cheap test from early-pregnancy-test.com). I didn’t even realize it was positive until hours later when I came back to it and researched evap lines. Then I took a dollar tree and a FRER test (after drinking like Juno to get enough pee). :bfp: I never realized the line would be so faint!!

I figured I had a low beta, but when I went in for beta yesterday at 8dp5dt, it was 389!! Whoa![/quote]

I will speak to my wife. I think we might continue to do a HPT for the next couple days. If we continue to get :bfp: . Then I will see if the wife can call the RE to move up the Beta to Friday.

I lost count of all the tests I took. I started at 4days past a 5 day transfer and got a BFP. After that I just went nuts with them! lol! :woohoo:

well i am now on 8dp4dt and i’ve taken 3. all BFN. i’m just trying to tell myself its still two early. I am tempted to go to walmart tonight and get another pack…

i see a lot of ladies talking about FRER, is that a more sensitive test than EPT or Clear Response, etc?? maybe I should try that brand instead??

I am a total poas addict. I have poas 2 even sometimes 3 times a day. I got a very light pos. line this time with our FET at 4dp5dt with first response and as Sarah said I too went crazy with them wanting to see the line get darker. I am praying for a good beta tommorrow. I have heard of some women testing neg even day of beta then getting a pos beta. I told my IVF nurse that I tested pos. with a poas and she laughed and said you are breaking my rules. I told her if it made her feel better I had done it every other time too. Wishing you the best. Hoping you get a :bfp: .

I did a lot of POAS with my first IVF/pregnancy.

With my second IVF/failure, I did a lot of POAS as well and the lines looked positive, but my beta was negative.

So with my third IVF/pregnancy I waited a little longer and only did digitals.

Hi,

I think I win the poas crazy train award, I spent easily over a hundred dollars on tests, totalling 8 digitals (I love digitals and seeing “Pregnant”) and around 20 normal tests…

My lines really seemed so so faint that I also got my sister to pee on one to see if the faintest of lines was on other tests.

My beta was low and implantation on a day 3 transfer did not happen until around day 5 after transfer!

Good luck

[quote=MD_Couple]My wife and I were curious last night so we went and got some HPT. Yesterday was 5dp5t. And the results were :bfp: . Of course we got a digital HPT that actually read “pregnant”. :woohoo:

My wife was speechless, going so long constantly getting negatives and I was cautiously optimistic knowing all the information behind HPT and IVF and how all the hormones and hcG shot from ER can still be in the system. So we plan to do one test a day and see if we get a different results. At this time we will continue to :pray: that the results remain the same!

Our Beta isn’t until 11/16.[/quote]

Well yesterday evening my wife did a standard HPT instead of the digital. I guess thinking there was something wrong with the digital. When I was coming home she called me and she told me that she only saw one line. I was a little dejected but still optimistic. Well when I got home and she showed me the test … to my surprise there was a faint pink line next to the baseline. :woohoo:

I told her there is two lines here…She looked again and said that wasn’t there like 5 minutes ago. So I am not sure what to think now. But there was two lines real faint but two. So 6dp5dt we have another :bfp: .

Hopefully this is a good sign. :cross:

So we are still in the game. I think we are going to wait 'til Thursday to test again.

[quote=MD_Couple]Well yesterday evening my wife did a standard HPT instead of the digital. I guess thinking there was something wrong with the digital. When I was coming home she called me and she told me that she only saw one line. I was a little dejected but still optimistic. Well when I got home and she showed me the test … to my surprise there was a faint pink line next to the baseline. :woohoo:

I told her there is two lines here…She looked again and said that wasn’t there like 5 minutes ago. So I am not sure what to think now. But there was two lines real faint but two. So 6dp5dt we have another :bfp: .

Hopefully this is a good sign. :cross:

So we are still in the game. I think we are going to wait 'til Thursday to test again.[/quote]

My wife did take a third HPT this morning and it was positive. So this is the third :bfp: we got at home. I am hoping this is a good sign as we are now 8dp5dt. Our beta is not til 11/16. So we will keep our :cross: ! Good luck to everyone who has beta’s coming up!!