How many of you got pregnant with FET on 1st try?

This journey for me has been quite long as well as a challenge.
Today was supposed to be my transfer…and I was so excited I couldn’t wait,however, I had been feeling sick, stomach bloated and just not my normal active upbeat self.so I was placed on a high sodium diet…salt, pickles,and salted peanuts and etc…

Nothing was working I was still bloated and feeling miserably bad.
So my nurse called me to come in today y2/19/13…I did and my OHSS was horrible!! My ovaries were about 10 to 11 cm when they were only supposed to be at 2-3 cm…I was devastated.!! So my RE
said I should wait to do the transfer once I get better because once I got pregnant my ovaries would only get larger and I would get sicker!:grr:

So we decided to freeze the embryos and wait to do a transfer. He said he would wait until day 5 to freeze them and I would be placed back on BCP ALL OVER AGAIN!!

OF COURSE I WAS SAD but I wanted to make the best choice and took my RE advice…so who has gotten their BFP OF A FROZEN CYCLE??

Before my husband and I got married we froze embryos bc I was concerned that I was nearing 40 and wanted to get myself checked out. I have no tubes due to a tubal when I was in my early 20’s. At 40 I placed the 3 in and got a BFP. I did miscarry… but still got pregnant. I am actually about to use the remainder of them now… Hoping the golden egg is in that batch.

pregnant here on my first and only transfer and it was a frozen one. :slight_smile:
OHSS is no joke and it gets worse with a bfp, so it is good that you wait. You want the best environment for your little bean to grow and it sounds like a FET is the way to go.

Just for a stat, I’m part of a clinical trial and half of the participants automatically get FET. 70% of those got their bfp on the 1st try. So don’t be sad, you’re setting yourself up for a BFP!

Take heart that you are young as the odds are greatly in your favor! I am way, way, older than you and had success with my first ever FET. You did not mention how many embryos you got or how many made it to day 5, but it sounds like you had a lot of eggs.

Also, take a look at your clinic’s stats. For my clinic, their FET success rates are higher than their fresh transfers. I am sorry this happened to you, but your body will be more receptive to a healthy pregnancy if you are healthy! Best wishes!

I got pregnant with my FET…granted I miscarried but FETs are so much easier on your body! It was the right decision!! Best wishes!!

Last March I did a frozen transfer and got a BFN. Less than a montg later, I did my FET and got my BFP and 12 weeks ago I delivered my twin boys!

I was in the same boat as you, first IVF cycle and I wanted so bad to do a fresh transfer. I didn’t want to leave Denver with out being pregnant. How ever as the time came to do the retrieval my estrogen was through the roof and they could not get it down so we retrieved a day early. After this we were told that the possibility of a fresh was very unlikely and if we did it I would be so sick with OHSS that I would not be able to handle it. After talking with my doctor he gave me excellent stats on FET and he said they are more likely to take compared to fresh. Don’t know why but I read it in a few different places as well. Well we did the FET 11/28 and on 12/7 I was confermed pregnant, 12/24 my ultrasound confermed twins. I am now 15 weeks and both babies are strong and growing just as they should. I wish you all the luck in the world and I am so glad I did the FET!! Hope this helps a little

[quote=kaydreambaby]
So my nurse called me to come in today y2/19/13…I did and my OHSS was horrible!! My ovaries were about 10 to 11 cm when they were only supposed to be at 2-3 cm…I was devastated.!! So my RE
said I should wait to do the transfer once I get better because once I got pregnant my ovaries would only get larger and I would get sicker![/quote]

Your RE is correct.

So we decided to freeze the embryos and wait to do a transfer. He said he would wait until day 5 to freeze them and I would be placed back on BCP ALL OVER AGAIN!!

OF COURSE I WAS SAD but I wanted to make the best choice and took my RE advice…so who has gotten their BFP OF A FROZEN CYCLE??

You should have an excellent chance in FET.

My daughter is from my very first FET, i love them, so much easier!! Good luck to you!!

After 4 fresh cycles with no baby, I now have two miracles through frozen embryos!! I have heard that the chances can actually be even better on a frozen cycle (when used with the original batch of embryos / not always with the “left-overs”) because your body is in better condition than after a fresh cycle.

I know it sucks to get set back…we got set back three times before this last cycle…but now our little boy is three months old and was so worth a bit of a delay! Good luck to you.

Thanks
So much this makes me feel a ton better. My OHSS seems to be get a little bit better but I am still lying down. This is the worst have OHSS if anyone has had it surely they know what I am going through…

Thought I would add my story! I got preggo from my first fresh cycle and my first FET! FET was much, much easier on me! So, relax… let this OHSS pass and start planning for your FET! FETs are just as successful as fresh transfers :slight_smile:

Good luck!

[quote=skk78]Thought I would add my story! I got preggo from my first fresh cycle and my first FET! FET was much, much easier on me! So, relax… let this OHSS pass and start planning for your FET! FETs are just as successful as fresh transfers :slight_smile:

Good luck![/quote]
Wow! Mainly I wanted to post because I have daughter with the same birthday but born in 2010. She is a doll. We just found out today that we are now expecting a boy in August. Your kids are going to have close birthdays. I wanted another spring baby too but everything was delayed.

DD was my first fresh transfer but she was the lone surviving embryo so no frosties. This baby now was our 2nd retrieval and first FET. (We had to freeze all because we used clomid in our cycle). We know how blessed we are. Good luck to you and your growing family.

[QUOTE=kaydreambaby]This journey for me has been quite long as well as a challenge.
Today was supposed to be my transfer…and I was so excited I couldn’t wait,however, I had been feeling sick, stomach bloated and just not my normal active upbeat self.so I was placed on a high sodium diet…salt, pickles,and salted peanuts and etc…

Nothing was working I was still bloated and feeling miserably bad.
said I should wait to do the transfer once I get better because once I got pregnant my ovaries would only get larger and I would get sicker!:grr:

OF COURSE I WAS SAD but I wanted to make the best choice and took my RE advice…so who has gotten their BFP OF A FROZEN CYCLE??[/QUOTE]

[B]kaydreambaby[/B] - :grouphug: , I am in same situation as you. Due to OHSS my ET is just cancelled (7 blasts frozen), :cross: for success!

Love,

D

[quote=NightOwl]Wow! Mainly I wanted to post because I have daughter with the same birthday but born in 2010. She is a doll. We just found out today that we are now expecting a boy in August. Your kids are going to have close birthdays. I wanted another spring baby too but everything was delayed.

DD was my first fresh transfer but she was the lone surviving embryo so no frosties. This baby now was our 2nd retrieval and first FET. (We had to freeze all because we used clomid in our cycle). We know how blessed we are. Good luck to you and your growing family.[/quote]

May 14th is a great day… its also me and DH’s wedding anniversary! :slight_smile: I’m hoping our boys are born on a different day, so that at least our kiddos have their own special b-days! My due date is May 28! But, of course with twins, they will likely be born earlier than that, and actually my OB said he won’t make me go past 39 weeks, so they will be born by May 21st! We’lll see I guess, it would be pretty crazy if they were born on the 14th!

and to piggyback on your message about how blessed we are… DH and I talk about that all the time! Despite the 2 years of failed clomid, clomid/IUI, follistim/IUI cycles we went through, we are beyond blessed that both our first fresh IVF and our first FET worked! Not sure why we were one of the lucky ones, but I thank God for it everyday!

good luck and :babydust: to all of you still waiting for your miracles! :slight_smile: It will happen!!!

skk78 - I sent you a PM :slight_smile: