How many visits/what kind on average for FET?

Hi everyone! I’m trying to decide whether or not to do my FET in December or in January, and I need a little more information. About how many office visits (blood, u/s) do you have to make during the two week period? My doctor already said when I want to start all I have to do is call on cd1. Then what happens? He also said the ET occurs about two weeks later, when you’d normally be ovulating.

Thanks for any help you can give! Doctors are always short on logistical details and I figured I’d go right to the sources that know from experience!

I had consult visit, baseline us with bloodwork, two lining us checks and that was it before FET. Good luck. So really only 3 appts.

[quote=Wishfor1more]Hi everyone! I’m trying to decide whether or not to do my FET in December or in January, and I need a little more information. About how many office visits (blood, u/s) do you have to make during the two week period? My doctor already said when I want to start all I have to do is call on cd1. Then what happens? He also said the ET occurs about two weeks later, when you’d normally be ovulating.

Thanks for any help you can give! Doctors are always short on logistical details and I figured I’d go right to the sources that know from experience![/quote]

For mine, it would have only been one u/s & b/w appointment except for my cervix issues, but my RE typically does just one lining check and as long as that is good, then that’s all that’s needed for appts before transfer. I think it depends a little what protocol you are on as well. I did not do BCP or lupron- just started the patches and baby aspirin on CD1. My lining check will be tomorrow (CD 13) and my transfer is scheduled for 12/10 (CD21).

3 visits after AF…

Mock transfer/bloodwork…
lining check/bloodwork
lining check/bloodwork

So much easier then fresh ivf! Well I am not done yet, but not as many appointment, not even close!