How soon after you get + OPK did you have your IUI?

Going in today at 2pm for my 1st IUI. Had a - OPK at 9pm on Tuesday, had a + OPK at 6:30am on Wednesday and a + OPK Wednesday at 7pm. It was netgative this morning (Thursday) but I did have cramping from noon until 9pm last night. SO worried my egg released yesterday… and I am going to miss it. Is this normal, how soon is the IUI usually done? I just saw where someone had it done BEFORE the OPK turned +, but my RE says day after… SO confused!

Its always best to have the IUI the day after the first +OPK. But remember an ovulated egg lives 24 hours. So you if you ovulated yesterday at some point in time you’ve still got a chance.

If, and that is a huge if this cycle turns up a bfn you need to ask for be monitored and have a trigger instead of using OPK’s to time IUI.

Goodluck!!

Thanks! I already have myself scheduled for a monitored, more aggressive cycle next if this doesn’t work. But, on a positive note, I have CM that is EW today, so I am still keeping my hopes up.

[QUOTE=bfu1873]Thanks! I already have myself scheduled for a monitored, more aggressive cycle next if this doesn’t work. But, on a positive note, I have CM that is EW today, so I am still keeping my hopes up.[/QUOTE]

EW CM is a GREAT sign that ovulation hasn’t happened yet. If ovulation had happened the CM would be changing over to creamy/lotion type. :cross: :cross: :cross:

Good luck with your IUI today! I’ve had two BFPs after +OPK/IUI…my IUIs were 24 hours after first +OPK.

I hope you get your BFP!