How to improve my eggs count?

I married my husband in 2013, and we have been TTC for our very first baby since 2015. But unfortunately, we failed miserably each and every time. According to my gynaecologist, it’s not easy for me to get pregnant. She tells me that my ovary is not producing enough eggs to get pregnant. In January, she performed a test and found only a few eggs. She prescribed a medication to help me conceive. I followed the prescription carefully, but nothing has changed. My eggs quantity and quality is still poor, only 5 are good which is below average.

Some are saying that nothing can be done to improve infertility. Are they right? Many of my friends have suggested me to consider egg donation. The awful situation of not getting pregnant is making me so sad day by day. I have quite a few friends that are pregnant right now. I’m feeling good for them, but what about myself and my husband. Whenever I look at my husband, I just can’t stop crying. Am I infertile? Is there anything I can try to improve my eggs count?

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having difficulties trying to conceive. But I’m pleased that you’re seeing a gynaecologist to help you with this. You haven’t mentioned your age here. And what prescription did you follow?
Over the age of 35, a woman’s quality and quantity of eggs unfortunately significantly decreases. As women get older, their bodies produce fewer eggs and fewer eggs of the same quality. But that doesn’t mean you’re completely infertile. But it often means that your fertility levels are decreasing. When a woman’s fertility levels decrease past a certain point it’s best to seek medical help if you’re trying to conceive. Many infertility treatments are now available which can give you good results.

My age is 36, and my gynaecologist prescribed me some fertility drugs like Clomiphene citrate. She also prescribed me Follicle stimulating hormone (FSH). I took one and three months medication respectively, but nothing was changed. My gynaecologist is now suggesting me to consider “egg donation”. According to a report, donor-egg IVF has the highest success rate of any fertility treatment. My husband is now very happy, and ready for this treatment. We’ve visited a few fertility centres last week. Would it be safe and effective?

Of course, IVF is safe, effective and highly successful. IVF with donor eggs offers you a chance to become pregnant. But sometimes first IVF may fail, and people mostly get disappointed. But if the first IVF fails, this doesn’t mean it’ll always fail. What they’ll do in IVF treatment:

• Some fertility medications will be given to the woman (egg donor). So that the development of multiple eggs can be stimulated.
  • To prepare your uterus for accepting the embryo(s), you’ll also need to take hormones. Estrogen and progesterone are two hormones which are normally produced by the ovaries.
  • Once the eggs are developed or matured, they are removed from the donor’s ovaries. Usually, around 10 to 20 eggs can be retrieved.
  • After that, the eggs are fertilized with your husband’s sperm. The fertilized eggs are allowed to mature further in the laboratory.
  • Finally, the embryo(s) will be transferred into your uterus.

This is all in IVF. I hope the shared information would be helpful here.

Hi, I’m not sure whatever this is a right advice but I suppose you could start with this
Nourishment
Protein provides the building blocks to healthy eggs and hormones; protein from fish, chicken and meat as well as vegetable sources are all crucial to egg health. One quarter of infertility cases relate to ovulation disorders, although recent studies have suggested that too high a protein diet can negatively impact fertility, but that dietary changes can improve or maintain the proper function of the ovaries and therefore enhance your chances of getting pregnant. Whole milk products and vegetable protein is good but cut trans fats from the diet as these can effect ovulation.
Nutrition
Micronutrients all help in the eggs’ development, and Vitamin D is key to this, especially for women going through IVF. Studies show that those with higher levels of the sunshine vitamin had a better IVF outcome So many of our clients are deficient in Vitamin D, and this has been linked to hormonal imbalances. Omega 3 and Essential Fatty Acids may influence egg maturation, so make sure you have enough in your diet. Iodine is abundant in the thyroid, ovaries and breasts and can be found in Essential Fatty Acids, Zinc and Betacarotene.
Blood flow
Studies show that acupuncture can help to increase blood flow to the pelvic area and the ovaries. If you have a good blood flow, more nutrients are able to get through and boost the health of the eggs.

Thanks for sharing such a useful information here, I really appreciate it. My doctor also told me the same thing. She also said that the whole IVF procedure may take an ample time and a lot of money. A lot of money, I can understand that. But why would it take an ample time? My age is already 36, and I can’t wait longer to get pregnant and deliver a baby. I’ve heard about health risks of delivering baby at my age. Is it really true or just my misconception?

If you’re healthy, then Idon’t think you would face any health issues by getting pregnant at your age. But I’ve read an article in which it was written that women who postpone childbearing do face some health risks, such as infertility and miscarriage, premature delivery and stillbirth, gestational diabetes, bleeding complications, hypertensive disorders of pregnancy, C-section, chromosomal abnormalities in babies, growth retardation in babies, and delivering multiples.

IVF is really a lengthy process. Generally, it takes about 4-6 weeks to complete one cycle of IVF. Nobody can ever guarantee that you’ll surely conceive through IVF. Sometimes IVF may fail.So when the firstIVF fails, doctors recommends to try the second one. A couple should keep trying it until they successfully conceive. So make sure you choose the best clinic. The succes rate of IVF clinics depends on a number of factors including reproductive history, maternal age, the cause of infertility, and lifestyle factors.

We’ve visited a few fertility clinics in past few weeks. Here in USA, it may cost a lot in IVF procedure. Some agencies have suggested us to consider overseas programs. A couple of them recommended us BioTexCom clinic at Kyiv, Ukraine. We visited their website, www.biotexcom.com. Next day, we talked about the clinic with our doctor. The good thing is that she’s in touch with this clinic. She talked to them and took an appointment for us. Tomorrow we’re visiting the clinic and hopefully everything will be good.

Something can always be done concerning fertility. Have you checked up with your OB/GYN? I am sure they can be of more help than that. I was diagnosed with poor egg quality. So I was under some medication for quite a while. 2 years of searching for a baby was not a ride in the park. Some clinics could not help me in anyway. They just told me I try out some medications which were of no assistance to me. I was also told to eat healthy. The protein, fiber, vitamins and a lot of water. It went that way with no child forthcoming. I then tried Bio tex clinic in Kiev, Ukraine. It really helped me a lot. My first trial if IVF was a success. I think you can do the same. If the problem is with the quality and quantity. They can observe your cycle and choose the healthy eggs. If a profession does it, then the rate of success is high. I am sure if you get a good clinic you will be pregnant with no time. Before I went to Bi tex. Some clinics also offered me the idea of donor eggs. That was the least in mind that time. I wanted a child of my own genes. They will always try to find excuse for their shortchanged services. If that idea is not for you, do not stop looking for a clinic that will match your expectations.

Something can always be done concerning fertility. Have you checked up with your OB/GYN? I am sure they can be of more help than that. I was diagnosed with poor egg quality. So I was under some medication for quite a while. 2 years of searching for a baby was not a ride in the park. Some clinics could not help me in anyway. They just told me I try out some medications which were of no assistance to me. I was also told to eat healthy. The protein, fiber, vitamins and a lot of water. It went that way with no child forthcoming. I then tried Bio tex clinic in Kiev, Ukraine. It really helped me a lot. They are even running out of their 2018 economy package. So you better hurry up if at all you will need their services. My first trial if IVF was a success. I think you can do the same. If the problem is with the quality and quantity. They can observe your cycle and choose the healthy eggs. If a profession does it, then the rate of success is high. I am sure if you get a good clinic you will be pregnant with no time. Before I went to Bi tex. Some clinics also offered me the idea of donor eggs. That was the least in mind that time. I wanted a child of my own genes. They will always try to find excuse for their shortchanged services. If that idea is not for you, do not stop looking for a clinic that will match your expectations.

Here are some of the tips which help to improve our egg quality.
Get at least 8, 8oz. glasses of pure water every day. Dehydration can cause your blood to become thick and decrease circulation in the body, as well as many other issues. Make sure to drink purified water that is NOT bottled in plastic. An easy way to get a head start every morning, is to put a quart of water next to your bed when you go to sleep. You can then drink a quart of water upon rising and you are half way done with your water intake for the day.
Exercise. Find something to do that includes movement, such as tennis, walking, running, dancing, or fertility yoga. Exercise increases the blood flow in the body, brings fresh blood to all of the cells and helps to oxygenate the blood.
Get Abdominal or Fertility Massage. One of the best therapies for increasing blood flow to the reproductive system is by massaging your uterus and ovaries. Massage helps to bring fresh, oxygenated blood to the ovaries and removes old stagnant blood. You can have a massage therapist perform abdomen massage or find a therapist who specializes in fertility or Maya abdominal massage.
Top foods for egg health: royal jelly, maca, fertiligreens, broccoli, berries, dark leafy veggies, halibut, salmon, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, turmeric, ginger.
Use supplements, your dr will advise the best ones for you.
Hope this helps x

Now this is what I tried.
One of my favorite ways to take fertility superfoods is to put them in fertility smoothies.
Maca is an incredible fertility super food. It helps to balance the hormones, but does not contain any hormones itself. It is able to do this by nourishing and balancing the endocrine system. This is essential in preparing for pregnancy and IVF because healthy hormonal balance greatly contributes to healthier eggs.
Royal Jelly is a fertility superfood which may help to increase egg quality and quantities. It should be taken for at least three months before natural conception or IVF procedures begin. Take daily for best results. Caution: If you are allergic or think you are allergic to bees or bee products, do not take royal jelly.
FertiliGreens is a nutrient rich green powder. It contains antioxidants, minerals, and proteins that help to alkalize the body and nourish your eggs. Take two teaspoons of the powder daily.

All I could ask you at the moment is stay calm. I know that’s tough to do that. You must have so many things going in your mind. And that’s fine to be getting worried. You are just little concerned about your life. But let not the thing mess up much that you would have to tackle more things. As if there would be no option to improve egg count so there would be an alternative that you could take to have a baby. But yes I had researched over improving egg count. There may be multiple things or tricks that could help you improve your egg quality. Or another suggestion would be that you could go with the donor eggs. There is nothing wrong with all such things. If something is strong enough to help you out. So why not to try that even. It’s just that you tried your best. And it would be much better to live your whole life being infertile. Good wishes.XX

Hope your journey with Biotexcom is smooth and well organized. From my latest research the clinic provides 1 IVF cycle for EUR 4,900. 2 cycles for EUR 6,900 (EUR 3,450 per cycle). 5 cycles for EUR 9,900 (EUR 1,980 per cycle), which is incredibly cheaper than average cost for cycle in Ukraine. All of the packages include donor eggs, all medications, transfer from/to the airport and from/to the clinic, accommodation, meals, interpreter services. I’m sure you made the right choice. Keep updated and GL!!