Hpt

hi everyone! i was wondering if anybody knew if it matters what time of day you take an hpt? i just took my 1st hpt today around 4pm and got a bfn. i was going to take one tomorrow morning and my beta is on monday. but being that my beta is right around the corner i thought i would at least see a faint line even tho its late in the afternoon. it was a very clear negative. i’m scared that this is yet another failed cycle… has anyone taken an hpt in the afternoon and gotten a negative, but took one in the am and received a positive?

[QUOTE=zsezse13]hi everyone! i was wondering if anybody knew if it matters what time of day you take an hpt? i just took my 1st hpt today around 4pm and got a bfn. i was going to take one tomorrow morning and my beta is on monday. but being that my beta is right around the corner i thought i would at least see a faint line even tho its late in the afternoon. it was a very clear negative. i’m scared that this is yet another failed cycle… has anyone taken an hpt in the afternoon and gotten a negative, but took one in the am and received a positive?[/QUOTE]

You can take an hpt anytime of the day but it is recommended that you take it with your first morning output because you will have a higher concentration of hcg present. I had a very very faint line the night before my beta but I did another one the morning of and it was quite a bit darker. You may just not have quite enough hcg to show a line yet. Don’t give up hope! I have heard of many ladies that never received a positive hpt and had a positive beta! Good luck on your beta monday!! Sending :bsv: to you!!

I had a positive hpt followed by a negative, and someone said my urine may be diluted, so I went to the bathroom, drank a glass of water and held it for about 4 or 5 hours and tried again, I didn’t always use fmu, I got better results with monitoring fluid intake and waiting a few hours… don’t give up yet, you could just have low level hcg right now. The day that I went for my beta was when the HPT was finally clear and dark, and it was a frer, and yes, it detects small amounts, but my hcg that day was 343, and that was the first really dark line I got!

thank you

thank you ladies for your responses however, i believe i am out of luck this cycle. i took another hpt this morning and it was very negative. i have my beta tomorrow so it is what it is i guess…

beta today

my beta was bfn today. i’m so glad i tested @ home instead of waiting to hear the news from the drs. had i of waited with all the high hopes and then heard the news i probably would not have been very functionable… I do however, appreciate everybody on this forum. all of you are great! and i would like to thank you for taking time out and answering my questions and wishing me luck! I’m going to keep my fingers crossed for this next journey down the ivf brick rd… my appt is for tomorrow…