Hysteroscopic Myomectomy/high FSH/IUI

hi!
not sure if I am posting in the right area of the sight but I thought I would give the support portion a shot since I am in need of advice. I just diagnosed with a small fibroid located on the out side wall of my uterus as well as high FHS. We have no choice but to use a sperm donor to conceive so discovering we had issues on my end really let us down. We were hoping to being iui next month but Hysteroscopic Myomectomy has been scheduled for the first week of July…here the questions does having surgery reduce our pregnancy chances? (they are already lower since we are using frozen sperm) This surgery sounds so painful RE said recovery time was a matter of a few days but online research has suggested other wise… Sorry for the long thread I am just terribly nervous and disappointed that we have to put off attempting to have a baby for even longer then we already have. Thanks in advance for any stories you have to share

Hi there,

I just had a hysteroscopic polypectomy done last week which is basically the same thing, except mine was a polyp and not a fibroid. I was very nervous going in but now that it’s done, it was so easy! Are you being put under general anesthetic? I was and my surgery was done at the day surgery unit in the hospital and my RE is the one who perfomed the surgery.

Just to give you an idea, my day went like this:

• Arrived at hospital at 930
  • Got admitted by nurse, was back to the waiting room with hubby by 10am
  • Saw my RE and met the anesthesiologist at around 1115am
  • got my IV and surgery began by 1130am
  • was out of surgery by 1205pm!
  • woke up in recovery at 12:20pm
  • Stayed in recovery for one hour
  • Transferred back to day surgery unit and got some crackers and cheese and ginger ale
  • was discharged at 2:15pm!

I did have some spotting and a teensy tiny bit of cramping during the night of surgery, same for the next day…but by the day after that, all was back to normal!

It really is nothing to worry about and from what my RE says, chances of pregnancy increases dramatically by having this procedure done. Think of your uterus as a nice, clean, smooth, canvas vs. a bumpy canvas with the fibroid! Much easier for an embryo to implant on a nice, smooth surface.

Good luck to you! You’ll be fine :cheer: