Hysteroscopy and laproscopy

So in a half hour I go to check in for my hysteroscopy and laproscopy - hystero to take out a polpy and lap to see if I have any scar tissue. I haven’t been too nervous about it but now I’m getting butterflies. I know it will be okay - but just want to get it over with.

Good luck! You will be fine and it will be over soon! Then, you will have good reason to take it easy for a few days!!! Word of advice, a heating pad is awesome for the shoulder pain from the gas, but that goes away within a couple of days.

I just had a Lap on the 8th and have rediscovered how truly wonderful nurses are. You will be in good hands and have good reason to take it easy for the next few days. goodluck :cross:

it’s over

Thankfully it is over. The procedure went longer than usual - three and a half hours. They found a lot of scar tissue and some endometriosis and removed both. My left ovary was and is adhered to my colon and is kinked. My right ovary is just fine. I’ll find out more what this all means at my appt next week with my RE.

Are you in a lot of pain? I’m thinking I might have to go through the same procedure soon but for different reasons. It still looks as though I might have a partial blockage in my left tube (even though my HSG was perfectly clear in April, they keep seeing some kind of fluid build up on my ultrasounds) and they said the only way to know for sure is by doing the laparoscopy. And then after that, if nothing happens on it’s own, we move on to IVF this summer. I still can’t believe it’s gotten to this point. I’m really super paranoid about having any kind of surgery. I’m glad to hear all went well, please tell me it’s not TOO bad!

[QUOTE=ChrisBKNY]Are you in a lot of pain? I’m thinking I might have to go through the same procedure soon but for different reasons. It still looks as though I might have a partial blockage in my left tube (even though my HSG was perfectly clear in April, they keep seeing some kind of fluid build up on my ultrasounds) and they said the only way to know for sure is by doing the laparoscopy. And then after that, if nothing happens on it’s own, we move on to IVF this summer. I still can’t believe it’s gotten to this point. I’m really super paranoid about having any kind of surgery. I’m glad to hear all went well, please tell me it’s not TOO bad![/QUOTE]

Hey Chris,

It wasn’t too bad. I haven’t felt pain yet. My doctor gave me some pain killers. Putting in the IV was the worst part. I’m glad she did the lap - back in Oct she didn’t think we should do one but just this week decided we should to it anyway. We’re finding out more of what’s going on.

I would recommend getting a lap so you can get some more answers. I’ve been thinking about you and how things are going for you. Good luck with IVF this summer…I’m hoping we’ll be doing IVF this summer too. We were initially going to do one in Jan but it has been postponed so we can get DH fixed.