Hysteroscopy complete!

Hi folks! I had my hysteroscopy yesterday, under general anesthesia. I’m so glad its over and done with. The doctor removed a fibroid and had to do some digging and curettage to get it all, but he was very pleased with the result. The pain has been manageable with the prescription he gave me at our pre-op appointment. We’ll go back to see him in a couple weeks and hopefully get the okay to go ahead with IUI with donor sperm in the next month or two! The journey continues…

Hysteroscopy

Hey

Glad you are fine. :cheer:

I do have many doubts regarding the hysteroscopy.
Did you experience any discomfort after hysteroscopy? Bleeding was there? Did doctor tell you to take a week off or something? When you can do the next IUI?

Mine was scheduled on feb 16. Very much tensed. :pray:

Great news!

Hi Jeeju- the hysteroscopy wasn’t bad. They put me under general anesthetic, and the procedure took about an hour. I had some bad cramping on the car ride home, but as soon as I got home and laid down, I felt much better. The only pain I’ve had since have been a few sharp twinges and some cramps. I took the Norco (hydrocodone/tylenol) pain meds the doctor prescribed the day of the operation and the day after. Now, two days after the surgery, I’m just taking Aleve, one every 12 hours, and that seems to be plenty to keep away any serious pain. I took the day after surgery off of work, and if today had been a work day I would have taken it off too. I feel a lot better today than I did yesterday and think I’ll be back to 100% tomorrow. I’m sure your procedure will go well too!

Oh- I’ve had very little bleeding. We’ll find out when we can do our first IUI when we meet for our post-op appointment (that appointment will happen in the next 2 weeks or so). At our pre-op consultation, he said if it was a fibroid he might have us wait 2 months instead of just one (depending on how much scraping he had to do to get rid of the fibroid).

So glad to hear everything went well!:clap:

[QUOTE=DL2006]Hi Jeeju- the hysteroscopy wasn’t bad. They put me under general anesthetic, and the procedure took about an hour. I had some bad cramping on the car ride home, but as soon as I got home and laid down, I felt much better. The only pain I’ve had since have been a few sharp twinges and some cramps. I took the Norco (hydrocodone/tylenol) pain meds the doctor prescribed the day of the operation and the day after. Now, two days after the surgery, I’m just taking Aleve, one every 12 hours, and that seems to be plenty to keep away any serious pain. I took the day after surgery off of work, and if today had been a work day I would have taken it off too. I feel a lot better today than I did yesterday and think I’ll be back to 100% tomorrow. I’m sure your procedure will go well too!

Oh- I’ve had very little bleeding. We’ll find out when we can do our first IUI when we meet for our post-op appointment (that appointment will happen in the next 2 weeks or so). At our pre-op consultation, he said if it was a fibroid he might have us wait 2 months instead of just one (depending on how much scraping he had to do to get rid of the fibroid).[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the response.

I think you have to take few more days off…

All the best for next IUI :grouphug: