I actually got pegnant the old fashioned way?????

Well let me start off by telling you a little about myself. I am 35yrs old been ttc for over 12 years with no luck. I finally get good insuarnce that pays for fertility and find out I have PCOS and DH is perect. I do 3 IUIs, 1 of them worked but ended in an ectopic :wings: , finally did IVF and worked the 2nd time and I have a beautiful baby boy almost a year old now:cheer: . I have always had irregular periods ever since I started at 12yrs old. I breast fed for about 2 months and stopped. Got :af: right away and ever since I have been having regular periods for the past 8 months. Acording to my insurance, I can start fertility again 1 year after baby was born. I had an appt on April 25 to get the balling rolling only to realize hmmmm I’m late on :af: . Well i had some hpt from previous year that haven’t expired yet and thought what the hell I’ll poas. OMG :woohoo: I get a :bfp: . I tried 3 different kinds that day all came up :bfp: . I was in total shock. I’m like omg I can get :preg: the old-fashioned way??? So of course I’m calling my RE and OB to set up blood work and u/s. Last Mon my hcg was 435, on Wed it was 1034, following Mon it was 6054. Today I got to see the sac and yolk but still early to see heartbeat. I am still in shock. I guess it’s really true that having a baby can sometimes just re-boot your body and tada your’re :preg: . Has this happened to anyone? Please share your story. I would love to hear it. Love being in this group and wish all the ladies a :bfp: to all who desire.

Kim :grouphug:

That is awesome news. Congrats. When do you go back to try and see or hear the heartbeat?

[QUOTE=kim779122]Well let me start off by telling you a little about myself. I am 35yrs old been ttc for over 12 years with no luck. I finally get good insuarnce that pays for fertility and find out I have PCOS and DH is perect. I do 3 IUIs, 1 of them worked but ended in an ectopic :wings: , finally did IVF and worked the 2nd time and I have a beautiful baby boy almost a year old now:cheer: . I have always had irregular periods ever since I started at 12yrs old. I breast fed for about 2 months and stopped. Got :af: right away and ever since I have been having regular periods for the past 8 months. Acording to my insurance, I can start fertility again 1 year after baby was born. I had an appt on April 25 to get the balling rolling only to realize hmmmm I’m late on :af: . Well i had some hpt from previous year that haven’t expired yet and thought what the hell I’ll poas. OMG :woohoo: I get a :bfp: . I tried 3 different kinds that day all came up :bfp: . I was in total shock. I’m like omg I can get :preg: the old-fashioned way??? So of course I’m calling my RE and OB to set up blood work and u/s. Last Mon my hcg was 435, on Wed it was 1034, following Mon it was 6054. Today I got to see the sac and yolk but still early to see heartbeat. I am still in shock. I guess it’s really true that having a baby can sometimes just re-boot your body and tada your’re :preg: . Has this happened to anyone? Please share your story. I would love to hear it. Love being in this group and wish all the ladies a :bfp: to all who desire.

Kim :grouphug:[/QUOTE]

Congratulations! May I ask what the cause of your infertility was to begin with? Was it tubal? My wife and I went through a failed IVF and got pregnant the natural way without expecting any success, but it ended in an ectopic, unfortunately (she has some tubal issues).

The tube doesn’t look TOO bad and we’ve been debating whether to try again later, though we’re still preparing for new IVF cycles anyway.

I always hoped my body would “reboot” itself after I had my dd but it’s been 4 yrs since she was born and I’m not one of the lucky ones, unfortunately.

I do love to hear of natural surprise stories though!! Congrats to you! Hope all goes well!