I cant cycle for a while but am so confused (emotionally) about adoption too

I am a new poster here on this board. I have one 5 year old daughter. She is the light of my life. I am married 8 years. SIF has been very difficult for me. It has been forever.
I just went through a medical issue and will not be allowed to cycle for about 6 - 9 months, at least.
I have always had adoption in the back of my mind, even before I was married. Thank Gd my husband is also on board about adoption.
Lately maybe because I know that I can not cycle for a long time, I have had adoption even more on my mind.

I dont know how I will truly know that I and my husband are really ready for that.
We really want our family to be bigger than it is now and I love being a mother and want so much to have another child.

So, for those who have adopted after infertility please tell me how things were and how you felt. I want to know how things go.

PREGNANCY MENTIONED

my husband and I decided after many yyears of infertiliy, surgery and failed infertility treatments, to go for adoption. we had no children at the time. we started as foster parents and ended up with a 4 yr old and 1 yr old siblings within months. 2 months later we adopted a child who was 8 months old from an aquaintance. we went from hubby and wife to a family of 5 within 6 months…about 10 mintgs later we got a “temporary” foster daughter at 6 weeks old. all 3 of our fosters were adopted. 1 month before our foster daugjter arrived we made thr decision to try IVF…we loved being parents…still longed to have bio children though…we found out we were having twins. we are now a large family of 8 and I feel so blessed by all my children!! adoptiin is wonderful and there are so many kids who need parents…I think if your heart is leading you there you should dive in! you will not be disappointed. we love neing parents so much we are back now 7 years later having IVF and we are pregnant again…Ithink no matter how you grow your family, they are a blessing.

good luck to you!

[QUOTE=Mommyto6]PREGNANCY MENTIONED

my husband and I decided after many yyears of infertiliy, surgery and failed infertility treatments, to go for adoption. we had no children at the time. we started as foster parents and ended up with a 4 yr old and 1 yr old siblings within months. 2 months later we adopted a child who was 8 months old from an aquaintance. we went from hubby and wife to a family of 5 within 6 months…about 10 mintgs later we got a “temporary” foster daughter at 6 weeks old. all 3 of our fosters were adopted. 1 month before our foster daugjter arrived we made thr decision to try IVF…we loved being parents…still longed to have bio children though…we found out we were having twins. we are now a large family of 8 and I feel so blessed by all my children!! adoptiin is wonderful and there are so many kids who need parents…I think if your heart is leading you there you should dive in! you will not be disappointed. we love neing parents so much we are back now 7 years later having IVF and we are pregnant again…Ithink no matter how you grow your family, they are a blessing.

good luck to you![/QUOTE]This post gave me such a warm wonderful feeling. Thank you for posting this. But I still am just completely at a loss as to what I should decide about if or and when we should start looking into adoption. Its such a charged subject.