I don't understand these test results....

Hi every one!
I just did a repeat CD3 test to verify some results after RE gave me results he didn’t explain them only said “The numbers are higher then we like to see” what ever that meant so I made the horrible mistake of googling and now I am freaking out. Google made it sound like I am in menopause RIGHT now and trying to get pregnant with anything less then a donor embryo is just a waste of time and money. But I know the ladies here have experience with hormone number so can any one tell me what mine mean? am I entering menopause ALREADY?!?
FSH- 11.2 <133.1
(2.0-11.0_ FOLLICULAR
5.0-34.0- MIDCYCLE
1.0-8.0 LUTEAL
28.0-133.0 POSTMENOPAUSAL
107- ESTRADIOL
thanks for any help :cross:
I am also having surgery to remove a uterus fibroid and have a HSG coming up soon so bad numbers and just a bigger downer :frowning:

Hi!
Giving this a bump… and if you don’t get a good answer here, call your doc and ask for a consultation, and tell them you want the truth without the sugar coating once you get there.

GOOD LUCK!

This is a great site to help explain hormone levels :slight_smile:

Hormone Levels & Fertility Bloodwork - Fertility Plus

I don’t remember much from my CD3 blood work but I know my FSH was 5.0 IU/L and my Estradiol (E2) was 184 pmol/L. My RE told me that my numbers were good. But make sure you are checking your numbers against the same measurements! Not all clinics used the same ([I]ie[/I]. pmol/L).

[QUOTE=ChantillyLace]Hi every one!
I just did a repeat CD3 test to verify some results after RE gave me results he didn’t explain them only said “The numbers are higher then we like to see” what ever that meant so I made the horrible mistake of googling and now I am freaking out. Google made it sound like I am in menopause RIGHT now and trying to get pregnant with anything less then a donor embryo is just a waste of time and money. But I know the ladies here have experience with hormone number so can any one tell me what mine mean? am I entering menopause ALREADY?!?
FSH- 11.2 <133.1
(2.0-11.0_ FOLLICULAR
5.0-34.0- MIDCYCLE
1.0-8.0 LUTEAL
28.0-133.0 POSTMENOPAUSAL
107- ESTRADIOL
thanks for any help :cross:
I am also having surgery to remove a uterus fibroid and have a HSG coming up soon so bad numbers and just a bigger downer :([/QUOTE]

I would say your FSH is 11.2. The <133.1 means its less than since 133 is the highest it can go. Thats what i can figure out. Also FSH can very each month. I also like this site to explain FSH levels Day 3 FSH Fertility Test of Ovarian Reserve

Amh

Did your RE test your CD3 AMH (Anti-Mullerian Hormone)? AMH is a much better indicator of egg quantity than FSH. You can find a lot of info by googling “AMH ovarian reserve”. Hope this helps!

Day 3 FSH Fertility Test of Ovarian Reserve[/URL] and [url=http://www.inviafertility.com/blog/infertility/drvkarande/top-10-facts-about-cycle-day-3-follicle-stimulating-hormone-fsh-level]Top 10 facts about cycle day-3 Follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) level | InVia Fertility

Here are other links with similar information. I think you have a good reason to be concerned, but you also need more tests. As others said, an AMH is useful as is an AFC (antral follicle count).

Like you, my estradiol level was high (88-120 at day 3) at 33. It’s pretty rare, but can happen. After 2 cycles, we moved on to an egg donor and have wonderful twins as a result.

Don’t panic. Ladies on these boards succeed with poor numbers every day! Best of luck to you as you embark on this journey!

thank you for your replies. I have just asked my RE to test my follicle levels and to actually sit down and discuss the results with me instead of just sending me on my way. I am reading the links every one posted I appreciate your help ladies