I don't understand.

I had my CD 23 labs yesterday and this morning my doctor called me and said my progesterone was 12?? but last month it was 44… is that normal??

It might depend on the number of follicles. I’m not sure if you’re monitored on your Clomid with u/s or not, but if you are, they can tell how many follicles matured. Or maybe you’re not responding as well this time. I’ve heard some women who responded well one cycle may not on another. I don’t really know why that would be different. Mine was 56 last month and this month they’re not checking it, so it does make me wonder. I’d be curious about others’ experiences or thoughts, too.

yeah I’m not monitored but I just thought that was weird because of last months numbers. I wish I was monitored but the doctor told me it’s not necessary. I’m taking off november and start back up in december

The same thing happened to me too, although my levels were not as high as yours last month. On a natural cycle mine came in at 10.5 and after my first month on Clomid it was 9.7, just does not add up.

I am also taking November off and don’t think I will be going back on Clomid, too many side effects. I think that I will be trying Femara.

I did do a bit of reading and some people were still pregnant and remained pregnant with progesterone of 9 or so.

Good luck!

yeah Clomid side effects kill me. i cant sleep at night AT ALL and these hot flashes make me wanna die! lol im always grumpy with my DH thank god hes understandable! lol i wonder if Femara will be covered through TriCare like Clomid is… hmm.

Did you test the same number of DPO? That could effect it if you o’d later this month.

I do believe tricare should cover femera. They seem to cover all pills, and injections for TI cycles.

yeah i test on CD23 both months… and then day 35 is the blood test for pregnancy. if this doesnt work this month which im not very positive about it but thats besides the point. if it doesnt work this month i have no idea what to tell my doctor… they wanna keep me on clomid but its obviously not working. someone said to try IUI but does tricare cover that?? i wanna be able to tell my dr what i wanna do but i dont even know where to begin.

Did you ovulate same day though? I know between my Clomid cycles I varied from CD 13-15, so that would change how your progesterone was if so :slight_smile:

Tricare doesn’t cover the IUI itself. You’re not at an MTF, right (that was like an hour away if I remember?). I know here, my MTF will do the monitoring and medicine all included in Tricare, and then I just pay about $250 for the IUI itself (done out in town at a local facility). If I need to freeze sperm because of the impending deployment, that would be extra. If you’re at a civilian, as long as they code everything the right way you should be able to be monitored and have your medicine all covered, just not the actual procedure. :slight_smile: It’s tough fighting the tricare beauracracy - I know, but it does pay off in the end for us!!

12 is still a good number. Its over 10. I wouldn’t worry. Maybe you ovulated on a different day. It could be a difference in how many follies you had.

Also, I remember we’ve talked about Tricare and IUI. We’ve talked about it in PMs. NO, Tricare does NOT cover IUI. While its cheaper to be seen at a MTF for IUI/IVF you still have out of pocket money.

okay yeah I remember now @missingmy#2… I forget easily. lol but as for ovulating… I have no idea I don’t feel it like people say they do. I feel normal all the time, I never get cramps before or during my period I only had cramps on my clomid cycles and like last month a had ewcm pretty much the whole time. but I didn’t have ANY cm til last night and I’ve been cramping on and off like last month when I got AF. so I have no idea what’s going on. and my bbs aren’t sore but my nips are. weird. LOL

Maybe add charting your bbt temps. It will tell you ovulation day and you’ll be able to track your cycle LP length. It will get you in touch with your body.

Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - Fertility Charting is a GREAT site to do this. They have a charting course you can take so you can understand all about it.

yeah I see alot of people chart it and I wanted too but I was like how the heck do I do that? when I look at it all it looks like a different language to me! lol

You basically get a BBT thermo and take your temp at the same time each morning after atleast 3 hours of solid sleep. If you temp oral do NOT drink, talk or really move before temping. I set my alarm for 6am and temp vaginally for more stable temps. I’ve been charting my temps since 2004, so i’ve learned my body VERY well. I can tell by 11dpo if the cycle is a fail or bfp.

In case you are interested in getting a better deal on Femara you can go to femara.com and get a coupon where your rx would only be $10. I have not tried it yet but will when the time comes. Hang in there!

how much does that thermometer cost???

I think I’m gonna ask my dr what the next step is, if he wants to try something else I’m gonna ask him about femara…

I use a regular glass thermo. and it was about $10 at walgreens. I use it because it is the most accurate I have found and has no battery failure issues being manual. I also temp. vaginally because I have found it to be more consistent.

I also recommend the coupon on Femara.com. That is how I got mine. I actually got 30 pills for FREE because they had a coupon. I just printed it off and took to my Doc to fill out. He was all for saving me money and thought it would give me several cycles worth to have it filled that way.

I also have used injectables and Tricare did authorize their use for up to a year so long as the cycle was with timed intercourse and with no IUI/IVF. Tricare also paid for my HCG trigger so I am sure they would pay for the Femara. Especially since it is primarily a cancer drug. They usually do not even ask they just pay for it.
That is my experience with them anyway.

[quote=ahhny]I use a regular glass thermo. and it was about $10 at walgreens. I use it because it is the most accurate I have found and has no battery failure issues being manual. I also temp. vaginally because I have found it to be more consistent.

I also recommend the coupon on Femara.com. That is how I got mine. I actually got 30 pills for FREE because they had a coupon. I just printed it off and took to my Doc to fill out. He was all for saving me money and thought it would give me several cycles worth to have it filled that way.

I also have used injectables and Tricare did authorize their use for up to a year so long as the cycle was with timed intercourse and with no IUI/IVF. Tricare also paid for my HCG trigger so I am sure they would pay for the Femara. Especially since it is primarily a cancer drug. They usually do not even ask they just pay for it.
That is my experience with them anyway.[/quote]

okay so now what are injectables? lol this is all confusing and i sometimes forget easily. but if i dont have to drive all the way to san antonio then thats a huge plus. im here at ft hood.

I got one at Walmart and it was around $10. I had gotten a regular one before that and my temps were unusually low and sometimes all over the place. Don’t waste your money on it. This is the one I use:

Mabis DMI Healthcare 15-639-000 Digital Basal Display Thermometer

Mine at walmart is $14