i hope someone can answer this

So dr prescribed clomid to me but she has me doing days 6-10 for the next two months this month at 50 mg and next at 100 mg. She seemed pretty confident about it. ive read of ladies doing it earlier than this so I’m slightly confused why shes having me do it so late. Any kinda feedback would be appreciated. GOOD LUCK to everyone :grouphug:

I’ve never heard of it taken that late. the latest i’ve heard is cd5-9. But really i wonder who big a difference a day later would hurt?? The only thing i know is the later you take it the less likely you are to make multiple follies, but one good one. I would try it your dr’s way the first cycle and IF no bfp or ovulation, take it either cd3-7, cd4-8 or cd5-9.

:cross:

AEV - The most common days are 3-7 or 5-9. From what I’ve read, 3-7 will result in more, but lower quality follicles, while 5-9 will result in fewer, but higher quality follicles.

For women with PCOS like yourself, 5-9 is most common, as you may not be ovulating regularly, or already facing egg issues. So, really 1 good quality egg is the goal. For women who ovulate normally and have no known egg quality issues, 3-7 is most common as the goal there is to maximize chances of pregnancy through multiple follicles.

I don’t think days 6-10 is drastically different than 5-9, so I would trust your RE and not worry about it. Different REs have different protocols they prefer and some may be more willing to try a new approach or tweak things a lot, so that may be all your RE is doing. If you’re still worried, ask them about it.

Good luck!

My OB has me taking it CD 3-7 and she counts day 1 as soon as there is any spotting whatsoever. I had never heard of that being CD 1 but she has the PHD so I didn’t second guess her. Now I am concerned though because I want good follies over multiple ones and I am hoping it works!!!

I appreciate the advice ladies I do trust my doctor shes a very smart woman I was more curious if anyone has heard of taking it on those days. the ultrasound I had did showed multiple follicles and one VERY dominant one on my left( come on lefty!!:cross::cross: ) she also counts day one as any kind of bleeding. Well today is the day I start the clomid. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you hopefully this holiday/new year will bring us all the :bfp: were looking for !!

I just finished taking my third round of clomid and I take it days 5-9. I thought the difference on when to take it had to do with your cycle. but apparently I am wrong. Thank you very much for clarifying. Although im curious as i have heard people say many times that they have u/s done frequently… should I be having that done???

The ultrasounds that we talk about are to check our ovaries and to see how we are responding to the meds. Its also to show when we are ready for a trigger shot to make us ovulate.

On my first cycle of Clomid, my RE had me take it on days 5-9, but I think that’s the standard protocol during a Clomid Challenge Test, which is what they were doing. On my last two rounds with Clomid, he had me take it on days 3-7. I don’t yet know how many follicles I have this time(I go on Mon.), but on that first cycle I had 3 and then on the 2nd I had 4. This time, though, I was put on a lower dosage, so I might not have as many follicles anyway. Also, I don’t have PCOS and ovulated on my own, so that may make the difference as a previous poster said as to why my RE wanted me to take it days 3-7. As for what is CD1, I’m sure the REs know what they’re doing, but my clinic (and everything I’ve read on it) says that CD1 is full flow and not spotting. If I counted spotting, I’d be taking my meds way earlier than I am now (I usually spot for several days). I think this is why most REs count full flow because the spotting varies for women - some have it and some don’t - before AF arrives.

I took 50mgs two months both cd 5-9…

Clomid dosage

Have faith in your doctor. She must have suggested you after your case study.

I understand why everyone is having the u/s… im just starting to wonder if I should be asking my dr why im not having them… im also not having an trigger shots… i feel like my dr doesnt know what hes doing… its just so frustrating.

talk to your dr the next time you see him pick his brain a little or call the office if you cant go see him. have him explain his plan to you to ease your nerves and if hes not willing to share his “plan” for your body i would consider switching doctors. Good luck to you my dear!!!:grouphug:

I agree that you have the right to know what the plan is for your body, go ahead and ask. Hopefully the DR will respect your need for answers. Its hard to have so little control due to IF, knowledge is important for us.

I’ve done two rounds with Clomid with planned IUI. I had an ultrasound with both to check the follicle development. First time I ovulated early on my own (day 10), the second round I had an HCG shot (day 14) to trigger ovulation for the IUI. I believe the trigger shot is a good way for them to time the IUI since ovulation occurs about 36 hrs later.

Are you seeing an OBGYN or an RE? If you aren’t seeing an RE i’d move onto one. While an OBGYN can give clomid they can’t do what a dr who is trained to do with infertility.

GL :cross:

I am just going to my obgyn right now… as with my ins after a year at my normal gyn if i get a referral to a RE then my ins covers much more of the cost. We just found out that my husband has a low count and motility so the next options are meds for him and a better diet and see if that works if not then chances are we will go right to adoption or fostering as we have both decided againest IVF

[QUOTE=mommytobe?]I am just going to my obgyn right now… as with my ins after a year at my normal gyn if i get a referral to a RE then my ins covers much more of the cost. We just found out that my husband has a low count and motility so the next options are meds for him and a better diet and see if that works if not then chances are we will go right to adoption or fostering as we have both decided againest IVF[/QUOTE]
Good luck. Are you against IUI as well? That’s a good middle ground and helps to make up for poor motility… got us our BFP!

random update…went in for ultrasound… this month was a bust only one decent follicle at 1.4 cm (last one it was 1.2cm), didn’t O at all…suck:grr: feeling crappy. One more month of clomid 100mg then on to metformin. Thanks for listening