I need you ladies help!

My doctor is supposed to call today and I wanted to get your opinions on a few things. Last cycle was my 3rd and I did Clomid 50mg again CD3-7. Had 2 follicles (1 on each side) and triggered on 5/8. On 5/17 went for 21 day progesterone and it came back at 10.2. RN called yesterday and said that this level is ‘great’ and to do nothing else? I know that it should be > 15.

Questions:

1. Shouldn’t I increase my clomid to 100mg?
  2. Are most of you on clomid AND progesterone supplements?
  3. What other supplements do you all take to help with fertility? Right now I just take MVIs, Folic acid, Vit D and calcium.

Thanks for your help ladies!

I don’t see why you would increase your dose. 2 follicles at a time is great! Really ideal. Increasing the dose may lead to too many follicles or harmful side effects.

Yes, every cycle my RE prescribes progesterone supplements during the 2ww (and first trimester), regardless of any known need for them. I never went in for a progesterone test.

becca1119 - maybe I am wrong since fairly new to this, but I thought that despite the # of follies you have on U/S, if your PG level on CD21 was < 15, they typically increase the clomid as it shows that you likely did not have a good strong ovulation.

Am I wrong with my thinking. Since cycle 1 my Prog has been decreasing 25–>17–> now 10.2. Seems to be going the wrong way with keeping at the same dosage of 50mg?

i know its hard but i would just do what ever the dr is telling you to do i have been on clomid for a while now and they say i am ovulating so they have not changed my dosage it made me wonder to but i just trust in my dr and know that she went to school for it so knows what she is doing :slight_smile:

ashaz, i’m not sure about the progesterone levels bc my doc did not measure them. did you do a trigger shot before ovulation? maybe ask about that and progesterone supplements like prometrium. i took the prometrium vaginally as that is supposed to minimize side effects.

i think if all this is addressed and you can confirm ovulation for 4-6 cycles on clomid w/o a BFP, i think you will need to start considering other options. but until then, keep at it!

are you seeing an OB or an RE?

MrsYoung thanks for your support.

Becca 1119 - Thank you for the information. Yes I did due a trigger shot (on 5/8/13). I am not on progesterone supplementation. Since prog < 15 I have been told by a previous doctor that his could mean that I did indeed ovulate; however, was not likely a strong ovulation despite the trigger and clomid. I guess I am just going off of what my previous provider said.
Right now I am just with a NP that works in my GYN office. I REALLY like her but this cycle she has been out so just dealing with RNs which when I ask my questions they either dont know or can’t answer. The RN that I left a message with today even said that she was on the same regimen as I was (at the same office) and when her prog came back at 11 they put her progesterone supplementation.

We will see what she says. :grouphug: everyone!

So finally heard back from doctor.
She said that she is fine with anything > 10 (even with Clomid). She said that she would be happy to prescribe Progesterone for me to utilize 4 days post trigger on next cycle.
She was/is VERY nice and I hope my persistent calling was not too annoying to her. She kept saying she wasn’t annoyed and ‘that is what I am here for - to get you pregnant and turn you over to someone else so I can get the next lady pregnant’.

She wants to do my U/S this month on CD13 which falls on a Sunday…she is going to come in on her day off after church to see me. She is awesome and I :pray: that she is right with all this.

I will have to bring her a small tocken of thanks when I see her on June 3rd. Well … on to round 4 of clomid.

good luck!

i noticed you’re only taking three days of clomid. it seems to be making you ovulate, so i suppose it’s nothing to worry about, but i thought it was typically given for 5 days CD3-7 or CD5-9. maybe just ask your doc about it?

[quote=becca1119]good luck!

i noticed you’re only taking three days of clomid. it seems to be making you ovulate, so i suppose it’s nothing to worry about, but i thought it was typically given for 5 days CD3-7 or CD5-9. maybe just ask your doc about it?[/quote]

I also thought that too?

Ooops - my error. I have taken 3-7 CD since round 1. Updated signature. Thanks ladies.