Identical Twins?!?!?!?

I need your advise, we went in for our ultrasound and everything looked great. There was 1 sac and they saw a baby and a heart beat of 120, they also saw another heart beat in the same sac! Meaning possibly Identical Twins! :woohoo: They are 85% it is, but there is a possibility that it is one of my vessels with my heart beat coming through. Back to waiting.
Pictures on my blog, what do you think?!?!??!

Project Baby…

Congrats!!! :cheer: Next you need to see what kind of Identical twins they are. If they share a placenta, or have 2 but in the same sac. One is more high risk than the other.

As an identical twin myself, I say congrats!
My Mom had us naturally at 39 and her pregnancy was normal. We were born two months early and had to stay at the hospital for a while, but except for that we are perfect :slight_smile:

thanks!

Thanks so much! I have tons of thoughts going on in my head! What if they share a placenta? What about twin to twin transfusion? What about the placenta wrapping around someones neck?.. So many concerns and thoughts!

Did you see the pictures? What do you think? Do you think its twins???

Did they get a heart rate for the other twin? Was it somewhere around the others? From my untrained eye, so far looks like identicals. If it is make sure to start seeing a Peri along with a reg OB. Peri can monitor for TTTS better. I believe they start monitoring for that around 12-15 weeks.

[QUOTE=missingmy#2]Did they get a heart rate for the other twin? Was it somewhere around the others? From my untrained eye, so far looks like identicals. If it is make sure to start seeing a Peri along with a reg OB. Peri can monitor for TTTS better. I believe they start monitoring for that around 12-15 weeks.[/QUOTE]

They had a harder time but they did, said it was 110. I hope they can tell me for sure this week!

[QUOTE=2010Newlywed]They had a harder time but they did, said it was 110. I hope they can tell me for sure this week![/QUOTE]

Thats pretty close to the 120 of the other. Im sure you’ll know for sure at your next ultrasound!

[QUOTE=missingmy#2]Thats pretty close to the 120 of the other. Im sure you’ll know for sure at your next ultrasound![/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for your help!

I will have my mom give it a look when she gets home. She’s a nurse practitioner with some prenatal experience. Also 110 is too fast to be your pulse. A healthy adult at rest isn’t usually that high. Babies are much higher…especially in utero. So I’d say that’s another baby.

[QUOTE=Amirasmommy]I will have my mom give it a look when she gets home. She’s a nurse practitioner with some prenatal experience. Also 110 is too fast to be your pulse. A healthy adult at rest isn’t usually that high. Babies are much higher…especially in utero. So I’d say that’s another baby.[/QUOTE]

That’s what I was thinking as well. 110 is too fast for an adult heartbeat.

That’s so exciting! Congratulations!!:woohoo:

[QUOTE=Amirasmommy]I will have my mom give it a look when she gets home. She’s a nurse practitioner with some prenatal experience. Also 110 is too fast to be your pulse. A healthy adult at rest isn’t usually that high. Babies are much higher…especially in utero. So I’d say that’s another baby.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I’m thinking also. I guess your heart rate could have been up there with the nerves of the ultrasound. But Im pretty sure you have the double mint twins!!

Ok so I showed my mom the u/s and she said identical twins. Also she said, if they suspected it was your hb then they should have monitored your hb to see if they were the same but 110 is unlikely for an adult at rest. GL!

This is so exciting. I have an identical twin sister. You are gonna have tons of fun with them. Congrats!

Alicia.

[QUOTE=Amirasmommy]Ok so I showed my mom the u/s and she said identical twins. Also she said, if they suspected it was your hb then they should have monitored your hb to see if they were the same but 110 is unlikely for an adult at rest. GL![/QUOTE]

Thank you so much and please thank your mom for me! I’m so excited and scared all at the same time! I go to the RE today for another ultrasound so hopefully we will find out for sure :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=sunrisec]This is so exciting. I have an identical twin sister. You are gonna have tons of fun with them. Congrats!

Alicia.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much! If it is we are very excited and nervous all at the same time :slight_smile:

Well if you can believe it … There is only 1 baby. Pretty crazy we all thought it was identical twins. Heart beat of 154. Due date June 30.
Thanks so much for all your help!

Are they sure it wasn’t hiding :wink: !!! Anyways congrats on your little munchkin!! Happy and Healthy 9 months!!!

Congrats on your baby bean!!!

I know that my heartbeat was easily in the 110 range during my u/s because I was so darn nervous that they wouldn’t find a heartbeat like last year.

Aww! I know you were excited at the thought. But one healthy bean is just as good! Congrats:cheer: