If you've had an ectopic what was your doubling time like?

Well, after talking to my husband last night we decided to wait til Wednesday and decide whether to end this pregnancy or not. My doctor does not seem sure of her diagnosis. She couldn’t locate the location of ectopic and she couldn’t determine whether the sac in my uterus is a gestatinal sac or a pseudosac from a possible ectopic. Yesterday the sac was empty and I was 6w 5d yesterday. Could have a retroverted uterus makes it hard to see what’s inside the sac? Anyway, i am just trying to see what kind of doubling time you had if you had an ectopic before? Mine are like this? The HCG levels are the only thing my RE is basing her opinion on that I have a possible ectopic. Apparently after I asked her what I have been reading about doubling time and various literature are saying mine is normal, she said no, below HCG of 10,000 my level need to double every 48 hours.
6/20- 85
6/24- 196.7 (doubling time: 79.65 hours)
6/26- 505.2 (doubling time: 35.15 hours)
6/28- 876.9 (doubling time: 60 hours)
7/1- 1943.7 (doubling time: 60 hours)
7/3-3100 (doubling time: 71.2 hours)
7/5-5211 (doubling time: 66.7 hours)
7/8-7322.1 (doubling time: 146.7 hours)

With my ectopic, my initial beta at 11dp3dt was low at 30. I had some bleeding and cramping at 13dp so thought it was over, but my betas continued to rise. The doubling times were 44hrs, 40, 76, 54, 57, 51. Once my hcg hit 2000 (at 6weeks), I had an u/s and the RE saw the sac in my tube.

The site betabase.info has some good info on the average ranges for doubling times.

Regardless of your doubling time, at 6.5 weeks you should be able to see the sac and most likely a heartbeat as well. However, for your own piece of mind, please consider doing an u/s with another RE. In my case the shots did not work and I ended up losing my right tube, so now my already terrible fertility is cut exactly in half. Don’t wait too long as the shot is less likely to work the longer the pregnancy is allowed to grow.

I’m not sure what my doubling times were with my ectopic but if I were you I’d call your OB and ask for another opinion before ending anything. I’ve always alwasy been told beats over 5000 is when it slows done significantly, so to me your betas look normal. Even the 60hrs doubling time with your 3rd & 4th beta is within the normal range.
Especially if you aren’t bleeding. If an embryo grew in your tube I would think it would have ruptured your tube by now and you’d be bleeding, my tube ruptured with a beta of 2000 leading to emergency surgery and mine was in my tube. Unless it is outside of your tubes/uterus which is really bad.
I’m also unsure about the shape of your uterus and seeing whats in the sac but it would have a heartbeat by now and they should be able to see/hear that. Both your beta levels and you being over 6wks are times when a heartbeat would be present.

:grouphug:

[quote=alexi]Well, after talking to my husband last night we decided to wait til Wednesday and decide whether to end this pregnancy or not. My doctor does not seem sure of her diagnosis. She couldn’t locate the location of ectopic and she couldn’t determine whether the sac in my uterus is a gestatinal sac or a pseudosac from a possible ectopic. Yesterday the sac was empty and I was 6w 5d yesterday. Could have a retroverted uterus makes it hard to see what’s inside the sac? Anyway, i am just trying to see what kind of doubling time you had if you had an ectopic before? Mine are like this? The HCG levels are the only thing my RE is basing her opinion on that I have a possible ectopic. Apparently after I asked her what I have been reading about doubling time and various literature are saying mine is normal, she said no, below HCG of 10,000 my level need to double every 48 hours.
6/20- 85
6/24- 196.7 (doubling time: 79.65 hours)
6/26- 505.2 (doubling time: 35.15 hours)
6/28- 876.9 (doubling time: 60 hours)
7/1- 1943.7 (doubling time: 60 hours)
7/3-3100 (doubling time: 71.2 hours)
7/5-5211 (doubling time: 66.7 hours)
7/8-7322.1 (doubling time: 146.7 hours)[/quote]

I am trying to see my OB still waiting for her call.
I think that is what I thought, if my RE does not see even a yolk sac and fetal pole tomorrow (i will be exactly 7 weeks then) I would go ahead and take the shot. That makes me feel at ease that your ectopic was detected when your HCG was at 2000 because my RE could not see anything in my tubes even when my HCG was at 7000+. Which led me think that her second diagnosis might be more suiting- blighted ovum. Just something to analyze on for my next cycle.