Infertility Solution

Hi all. My name’s S. I’m 43 years old. We’re a happy couple from Canada. But probably only a couple but not a full family. We don’t have children and this is our most horrifying pain. Before marriage I happened to have a severe heart disease. But that time it wasn’t fully clear that I wouldn’t be able to give a birth to a child by myself. We hoped from the very beginning that something would turn for better and we would get rid off the disease. We tried to find the way out in several clinics abroad. My husband and I tried unsuccessfully to get pregnant with a variety of assisted-reproduction techniques, including IVF. But the fact was established forever – my health condition makes pregnancy impossible and medically risky. That seems we both – my baby and me – have no chances to stay alive together. Now I’m writing all this and can’t stop crying. I wish it could be different! We cannot think of adoption, because my husband insists on having a biologically related child. But using surrogacy is still somewhat controversial for us.

If you want to have a biologically related baby through new reproductive technologies and if surrogacy remains the only possible variant, try to get used to it. It is a pretty good option. Besides you can choose from two kinds of surrogate mothers. It goes like following. ~A traditional surrogate is a woman who is artificially inseminated with the father’s sperm. Then she carries the baby up to term. She delivers a baby for the parents to raise. But the most confusing thing here is that a traditional surrogate becomes the baby’s biological mother. Because it was her egg that was fertilized by the father’s sperm. Another possible variant for this type of surrogacy is using donor sperm. Yet another kind is a gestational surrogate. Successful result here may be achieved due to IVF. It makes it possible to harvest eggs from the mother. Then fertilize them with sperm from the father and place the embryo into the uterus of a gestational surrogate. The surrogate then carries the baby until birth. And the great plus here is that a gestational surrogate has no genetic ties to the child. She is usually called the ‘birth mother’. The biological mother is still the woman whose egg was fertilized; this is you!.