Injectables or IVF?

Trying to decide if we should move right to the big guns and do IVF or maybe try injectables with iui. Any advice would be great. I have regular cycles and ovulate on my own. I have also been on metformin, folgard and low dose aspirin for over 3 months now so I should be getting the full benefits of these meds, so we are ready to move to the next step.

[QUOTE=loveababy]Trying to decide if we should move right to the big guns and do IVF or maybe try injectables with iui. Any advice would be great. I have regular cycles and ovulate on my own. I have also been on metformin, folgard and low dose aspirin for over 3 months now so I should be getting the full benefits of these meds, so we are ready to move to the next step.[/QUOTE]

From your signature it looks like your DH doesn’t have any issues so I would try the IUI with injectibles before going to IVF. IUI’s aren’t as costly. A friend of mine started with IUI w/o injectibles and that didn’t work. She was successful the next cycle when they did injectibles. Good luck.

I’d do atleast 3 cycles with injections and IUI before moving onto IVF.

I haven’t had any experience with IUI but some of my friends have. All of them were unsucessful with the IUI and got pregnant the first time with IVF.

Also, I don’t know your feelings on multiples but there is a greater risk with IUI. Good luck!

I can only speak from my own personal experience. I did injectibles for two rounds before moving onto IVF. (My doctor said an IUI wasn’t a good use of money for us since there is nothing wrong with DH’s sperm. he suspected correctly that it was my eggs and or my tubes pulled away from my ovaries.)

I would try at least one round of injectibles before IVF. Worst case, it will prepare you physcially and mentally (as much as that’s possible :slight_smile: ) for an IVF and may provide your doctor with additional information about your diagnosis.

But hoping that you never need to move onto IVF! :grouphug: