Injectables price question

My body didn’t respond to Clomid (100mg) this month so they are increasing it for next month. Praying and trying to have faith that it’s going to work… but can’t help but wonder about the next step (my RE said injectables?). I know for sure that they are expensive… I know that, but I would love to brace myself for just how expensive we’re talking about?!?

My dh isn’t nearly as on board with this as I am, so I worry he’ll never go for the extra expense… Thanks in advance!!

It can range from $800-$2500+. You can search online at IVFmeds.com and websites that offer injections and get a round about price of each med you might need. It might be worth it to ask the dr what meds he be using on you IF you go switched and around what dose you’d be using. Then you can get a price of what it might cost you.

600 units of Follistim is $480, if your insurance doesn’t cover it, and you’re enrolled in a discount plan. Different meds have different discount plans. When you find out which medicine you’ll be on, send me a private message, and I’ll help you research.

This is my 2nd round on injectibles, the first time around I was on a lower dose, so it didn’t cost as much.

I used Gonal - F and paid $1100 for one cycle + the ovidrel shot.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"GOODNESS!!! I had no idea how expensive this medication was…my insurance covers it so it only runs me $20. I might want to put it in a safe or something…that’s crazy!!! If I end up with a positive outcome…I’ll donate whats left!
[/FONT]

[FONT=“Comic Sans MS”]GOODNESS!!! I had no idea how expensive this medication was…my insurance covers it so it only runs me $20. I might want to put it in a safe or something…that’s crazy!!! If I end up with a positive outcome…I’ll donate whats left![/FONT]

Ladies if you order from IVFMeds Home Page you can get them for way cheaper. They come from the UK and since they have universal healthcare over there, the meds are cheaper. I ordered my first round of injectables from there. Had no problems with ordering. All you do is fax your prescription along with the order form. Easy. They send you an email confirmation and if you have any questions there’s an 800 number you can call. I would definitely look here if your insurance doesn’t cover your meds. My repronex would have been $2500 if I got it here in the US, but it only cost me $400 to order from this pharmacy. I was skeptical at first too, but my RE office recommended it to me and I know several people who have ordered from here with no problem. You can also get your HCG shot or pretty much any fertility med from them for cheap! They’re worth looking into!!

I’m getting ready to do menopur. It was somewhere around $65 per vial at Metro Drugs. I’ll be on 4 vials a day to start out with, so over $250 per day for me with no coverage.

For me in Canada I paid anywhere from $55-$67 for 5 days of Clomid and I paid $455 for 7 days of Bravelle injections (so $65 a shot) and Trigger shot was $76.

When I did my first iui they ordered 3-600 iu vials of follistem one shot of ovidrel and progesterone suppositories it would have been just over 2200 from mandells pharmacy but my insurance covered all but 120 of the meds. I only use 50 units of follistem so the 3 vial is going to be used for this last iui I had to order my ovidrel trigger which is 50 bucks and 40 dollars for 120 progesterone suppositories. This last cycle the only thing I should need is trigger this time around.

I have had a cycle with three 75mL Menopur injections and an Ovidrel injection and it ran me $360. I had another cycle of seven 75mL Bravelle injections and that ran $320. I think price depends on what and how much they give you. Each of my previous cycles I also took so that was an extra $35.

Depending on the meds used and the dosage, it can be up to $2000+ if your insurance doesn’t cover it.

I did Clomid + injectibles, and this is what I paid through Freedom Pharmacy online -

Ovidrel $44
Gonal F 75 vials (four vials) $239
Prom 200mg 40 caps $150
Clomid generic $37

Clomid seems to be thinning my lining too much, so if I don’t get a BFP this cycle or next, then I’m going to request being switched to injectibles only.

Brinn - how thin was your lining on Clomid? Mine was 5.2 my first IUI cycle, and only 6.2 this cycle on CD11. My RE put me on Estrace both times. I’m thinking I’ll do one more round on Clomid, then ask to switch to injectibles. I’ve been producing good follicles and had a decent sperm sample, so they said maybe my lining was too thin. They decreased my dosage from 100mg to 50mg, and that seemed to help, but 6.2 is still low.

[quote=Hope2Have]My body didn’t respond to Clomid (100mg) this month so they are increasing it for next month. Praying and trying to have faith that it’s going to work… but can’t help but wonder about the next step (my RE said injectables?). I know for sure that they are expensive… I know that, but I would love to brace myself for just how expensive we’re talking about?!?

My dh isn’t nearly as on board with this as I am, so I worry he’ll never go for the extra expense… Thanks in advance!![/quote]

Sometimes your RE may have some injectables that someone else might not needed an gave them to him to see if someone else might could use them. Ask your RE if he has any that was given to him. As I know some RE’s do that but not all… When my RE thought I might would have to have injectables later they said that they sometimes have people to give them theirs as don’t need them anymore an would give to me but thank goodness didn’t have to do them. It don’t hurt to ask.

Good Luck.

Make sure you check your insurance. Meds are totally different than procedures, and insurance companies that don’t cover any treatments at all sometimes cover the medication. Don’t ask “Do you all cover IVF meds?”, because they will say no. Ask if gonal-F or follistem or whatever is covered. Because these drugs are also used for other things, they are sometimes on the covered list.

freedom fertility

I use freedom fertility for my injection. I only take a trigger shot but they were over half price than the local pharmacy. My one shot is 50. If you need to be on injectables go with them, I know a couple of the other ladies on here use them as well. Seems to be a popular fertility pharmacy with the re’s. Hope this helps if you want their number let me know and I’ll sendit to you. I don’t know what type of injections you will be on, but they at least would be able to give you a quote on how much the drug is through them .

[quote=Hope2Have]My body didn’t respond to Clomid (100mg) this month so they are increasing it for next month. Praying and trying to have faith that it’s going to work… but can’t help but wonder about the next step (my RE said injectables?). I know for sure that they are expensive… I know that, but I would love to brace myself for just how expensive we’re talking about?!?

My dh isn’t nearly as on board with this as I am, so I worry he’ll never go for the extra expense… Thanks in advance!![/quote]

i go with freedom as well…gonal-f 900 pen ran about $3000 at my local wal-mart and only $750 through freedom. they are really good, very friendly, and fast. will ship overnight in a dry-ice container to keep it cooled. -a-

Thanks for all the answers guys! I just love these boards!!

I’ve always thought about ordering meds from Canada… wonder if they have them there/if it would be safe?!? Hmmm…

I know that I’m getting ahead of myself b/c I’m still working on iui’s with Clomid… so I should stop thinking and be hopeful for these cycles.