International IVF w/Donor Egg

Anyone with experience living in the US and trying to prep for International DE IVF? Trying to understand how the process works.

I don’t live in the US, but I live in Rosarito, Mexico and did my DE IVF in Tijuana… I know quite a bit about it, where are you doing your IVF? If you have any questions I will try to help…

:slight_smile: See my signature, it worked!

International DE IVF

We live in NC. My husband and I met with two different REs here to discuss their DE IVF programs but we just can’t afford the cost. Even the ‘bundled’ IVF packages are out of reach when you add in all the things that aren’t included (donor Rx, etc.)

I know the international programs are dramatically less expensive that those in the US. But I’m not sure how you get the meds needed to get ready for the transfer if the local RE will only provide monitoring services?

Our doctor prescribed them in his office and we went to the local pharmacy to get them…
Or a lot of times he had them there in his office and we paid for them right there.
Good thing is if you are doing donor egg cycle there is not a lot of medications you would have to take.

What I did for my transfer was my RE in the Czech Republic wrote out a prescription for the meds I would need. Then faxed it to IVFMEDS.COM. (they are based out of Europe somewhere) Then IVFMEDS.COM contacted me to confirm and get payment. Then they were shipped to me in about 10 days. It was all pretty easy. My OB wouldve prescribed me the meds since it was just Estrogen pills & Endometrium & oral progresterone, but they were cheaper thru IVFMEDS than to just go and get them from Walgreens. However, after ordering them, I thought i was going to run out after finding out I was pregnant, so my OB just wrote me a script and I took it to get filled and since those meds are not SPECIFICALLY for INFERTILITY Treatments, my insurance covered them!!! So here I paid for the initial 2months of meds, when my insurance probably wouldve paid for them and all I wouldve had was a $20 co-pay per script :grr:
Oh well, It really didnt cost that much in the end. maybe $350 for 12 weeks of meds???

Do you have an OB you really like?? Mine was actually a Midwife, not an actual OB and she had no problem prescribing the meds for my cycle. But mine was a FET, not a Fresh donor cycle, so the only meds I took was just Estrogen after I got my period, and then Progesterone once I was ready for transfer.
My clinic in CZ told me when to get bloodwork done and what kind they wanted done, and I just called my Midwife and she ordered it. And then I had 2 u/s’s to determine my lining thickness, and she ordered those also, and then I hopped on a plane to CZ and 2 days later had transfer of 2 perfect blasts.
Im now 36weeks preggos with 2 perfect babies!!

International DE IVF

Rach,

Congratulations on your babies! I’m so thrilled so for you!!!

Thank you so much for the info. You may have solved my dilemma! I checked the IVFmeds.com website and it looks like they also work with Central/South America.

I had actually looked at Reprofit but my DH is not comfortable with the idea of me going so far away. He’s Costa Rican and wanted to do it there since he could more easily make a quick turnaround trip. Costa Rica’s constitutional ban on IVF was just overturned by the Inter-American Court of Human Rights. It will likely be a year or more before clinics begin doing IVF in country. We did, however, find a couple of clinics that do monitoring in Costa Rica and the actual IVF procedures in Panama so it looks like that’s the route we’ll go.

International DE IVF

Rach,

Thank you so much for the info. You may have solved my dilemma! I checked the IVFmeds.com website and it looks like they also work with Central/South America. I had actually looked at Reprofit but my DH is not comfortable with the idea of me going so far away. He’s Costa Rican and wanted to do it there but they’re just now starting to set up IVF clinics after the Inter-American Court of Human Rights overturned their constitutional ban. We found a couple of clinics that do monitoring in Costa Rica and the actual IVF procedures in Panama so that’s the route we’re going.

International DE IVF

Rach,

Thank you so much for the info. You may have solved my dilemma! I checked the IVFmeds.com website and it looks like they also work with Central/South America.

I had actually looked at Reprofit but my DH is not comfortable with the idea of me going so far away. He’s Costa Rican and wanted to do it there since he could more easily make a quick turnaround trip. Costa Rica’s constitutional ban on IVF was just overturned by the Inter-American Court of Human Rights. It will likely be a year or more before clinics begin doing IVF in country. We did, however, find a couple of clinics that do monitoring in Costa Rica and the actual IVF procedures in Panama so it looks like that’s the route we’ll go.

That sounds great! Wow, I had no idea there was a ban on IVF in some coutries. I can see why though to a certain extent…anyways, yes, IVFMEDS.com was really great to work with. Very good customer service and I had no problems with them what so ever. Good luck to you!!!