Intrauterine Insemination


#1

I am 29 years old lady with normal ovulation cycle. I have an IUI session. How much chances to get pregnant?


#2

Hello! Noone knows, hun. This is too individual. For one it’s enough to make a single try. And for others it really takes. Unless you have no health issues effecting your fertility, I hope it will work. Every step makes us closer to our dream. Stay calm and do your best. Fingers crossed this message finds you healthy and happy with pregnancy! :wink:


#3

IUI success rates are just okay, and the reported success rates vary widely between studies. Some studies show only an 8 percent success rate. When using fertility drugs plus IUI. While others put the success rate closer to 20 percent. For IUI cycles without fertility drugs, success rates are very low. Just 4 percent of women got pregnant, in one study. IUI with Clomid is less successful than IUI with gonadotropins. Your odds for IUI success will depend on a number of variables. From your age, the cause of your infertility, and how long you’ve been trying to conceive. It’s true that IUI is less expensive than IVF. And its lower cost is part of what makes IUI attractive. However, when you consider your chances for success. It may be a better financial choice to go straight to IVF in certain situations. But with Bio tex, their chances are high.


#4

Hey! I’d really love to hear from Madhumita. How are the things going currently?
Are you satisfied with the outcome? Please, drop a line - lol.
As for me, we’re planning our next visit to biotex. Trying to evaluate our chances for a sibling…


#5

Hello. How are you? I hope thing are going good at your side. Well, we can’t be sure of the success rate of IUI. Different researches have given different success rates. It depends on each individual. The success rate depends on the various factors like, age, cause of infertility, problems in conceiving and all. We are never sure what it ends up into. Keep your finger crossed. Wait for it to go smooth for you. On the contrary, IVF has more chances of success. Although, a little time consuming but at the end gives a desired result. If you sound good at health, your IUI cycle must go smooth. I hope things go well for you. Sending you my prayers. Baby dust to your way. Take care.


#6

Just a quick update. Our visit to Biotex went an well as usual. Though we had to wait a bit longer but it’s ok. We had the chance to encounter another couple applying for donor egg with surrogacy. They came from Japan & felt both excited about the journey coming. So time flew for all of us quickly. Then we saw our lovely dr. The same one as whilst the previous shots with them. She studied our medical records and told us the same route would be just ours. We’re using donor eggs again. Feel absolutely well about it as we already have a de ivf baby you might know from my previous posts. IUI was out of the question for us from the very begining as my eggs turned out to be useless. AMH test results too low to even consider. We followed our dr’s advice. Hope this year brings us miracle#2. Babydust to all lovelies here!


#7

Fertility experts advise men to abstain from sexual intercourse and masturbation for about 3 days before donating their sperm sample. This simple tip will increase the sperm count in the sample and this in turn will drastically improve the chances of a successful IUI procedure. It may seem redundant to have sex after an IUI procedure, but studies show that this can marginally improve the IUI success rate. Scientists believe that the natural chemicals and hormones that are released during sex increases the chances of conception. However, fertility specialists also caution couples to abstain from sex for a day, at least if the woman has experienced any bleeding during the IUI process. While light exercise is good, moderate to strenuous exercise reduces fertility levels, which is why fertility experts often advise women to take it easy while they are undergoing IVF treatments. There is no specific diet that will increase IVF success rates but a healthy and balanced diet can positively affect IVF treatment. Avoid packaged foods as far as possible and have whole foods instead. A friend of mine after IUI in Bio tex clinic, she followed some of these tips and they did help her.


#8

IUI is suitable for couples who have not achieved pregnancy despite confirmed ovulation and carefully planned intercourse. The cause of failure can be a slightly lower quality of the sperm. It can be overcome by performing IUI. Another cause could be an immunological infertility factor. What is required of the partner? IUI is based on the natural capability of the sperm to fertilise the egg in the woman’s sexual duct. The success rate of the method is very low if the partner has only a small quantity of live sperm of poor quality. What is required of the patient? The woman needs to have a confirmed ovulation and examination of passability of the fallopian tubes is recommended. ‘‘Women often have a 10 to 20 percent chance of getting pregnant with just one IUI cycle. The more cycles of IUI you undergo, the higher the chance is for a pregnancy. With 3 to 6 cycles of IUI, pregnancy rates can be as high as 80 percent.’’ But for me the most important is the place where every procedure is performed. It must be a highly qualified one with the best professionals only and of course high success rates.


#9

The success of IUI depends on several factors. If a couple has the IUI procedure performed each month, success rates may reach as high as 20% per cycle depending on variables such as female age, the reason for infertility, and whether fertility drugs were used, among other variables. While IUI is a less invasive and less expensive option, pregnancy rates from IUI are lower than those from IVF. If you think you may be interested in IUI, talk with your doctor to discuss your options. Some couples want to explore more traditional or over the counter efforts before exploring infertility procedures. Intrauterine insemination is a relatively affordable fertility treatment, and many individuals or couples will choose to try IUI before moving forward with the more intensive and expensive IVF process. When you weigh the benefits of IUI, including the lower cost, lower time commitment, and lower stress, you can see why many individuals and couples opt to try IUI first.


#10

IUI is good enough for those having male factor or unexplained infertility. Overall, the procedure is simple and can be broken down into 3 main steps:
Ovulation is tracked to identify a fertile period.
Semen is collected and washed.
Sperm is inserted directly into the uterus.
IUI has two main advantages over other types of fertility treatments. This procedure is:
Less invasive.
Less expensive.
Though IUI can be a great option for some people, it does not address several fertility challenges. For IUI to be effective, the partner carrying the pregnancy needs to be ovulating and have clear and undamaged fallopian tubes, and the sperm used has to have a certain level of motility. If these factors aren’t met, a higher degree of intervention may be required.