Introduce yourself here

For all the newbies - please introduce yourself here.

We’d love to know your story and what brings you to the forum.

Good Luck to each and everyone of us!

[FONT=Verdana]I joined last week. We are going to have our first IVF this month (hopefully):cross: . We already had 3 unsuccessful IUIs:grr: . And our doctor recommended IVF. To be honest it scares me a lot, so I tried to read up about it on-line, but more I learned more it scared me :frowning: . Then I found this place, and after reading few posts I realize this is a great place to be. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Good luck to everyone. :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: [/FONT]

I just joined last week as well. My hubby and I have been TTC for almost 7 years. We are in the process of our first IUI. I have been taking Lupron since 3/28 and took my last BCP this past Saturday, so I’m just waiting for :af: to get here, so on my 3rd day I can go back to my RE. I found out about Freedom Pharmacy and am psyched about that! We can save SO much money on my meds since we have to pay for everything out of pocket.

We’re excited and very hopeful!!!

:welcome: to everyone else who’s new here! I’ve found it to be very supportive and informative!

Thanks everyone for being so inviting :wink:

Hi! My name is Lisa. I’m 31 and DH is 38. We’ve been TTC for almost 4 years and have been diagnosed with “unexplained secondary infertility”. I have a DS (13) from a previous relationship. My HSG was clear. All my hormone levels appear to be normal and DH has had 2 S/As done both of which came back normal. I am currently in the 2WW after our first IUI on 03/29. :pray:

Clomid from CD 2-6
Follie Scan 03/26 1 follie 16mm + 1 13mm
Follie Scan 03/28 1 follie 19mm + 1 16mm…Got the HCG shot!
03/29 IUI #1 (DH’s sample looked excellent)
04/02 2,500ui HCG shot
Now we wait and pray for a :bfp:

I am 30 and DH is 37. We have been dating for five years and married for 1 1/2 years. My husband was married before and was unable to concieve due to low sperm count. I have finally talked him into going to the RE and my first appt is on 4/16. I am really anxious to get this process going. I am luck that my insurance covers up to 3 IUI’s a year. I have already found alot of information on this forum and look forward to sharing our story with all of you.

Welcome newbies! I guess I could be considered a newbie, too. I joined a couple of weeks ago. My DH and I have been trying for 3 yrs - awhile on our own, then a few months w/ Clomid w/on our own, back to on our own for awhile, now IUI. I’m 36, DH is 38. We’ve never been pregnant before. We’re labeled “unexplained IF”, because all tests done were normal for the both of us. Our 1st IUI was done on 4/2. My RE doesn’t do betas, so I have to wait the full 2wks. I take a HPT on the 18th. Keeping my toes and fingers :cross: :cross: for that beautiful, amazing :bfp: ! Not just for myself, but for ALL you wonderful ladies out there! :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:

Hi ladies! I’m Hayley and my dh and I have been ttc #2 for almost 2 yrs now. We successfuly conceived naturally our beautiful dd who just turned 4 on April 1st. Since we conceived on the first try we had no reason to believe we would have an issue this time around. Well, sadly we were wrong. My dh was diagnosed with a variocele but thankfully it hasn’t effected his count too much. I have had every test known to mankind and all came back perfect. So here we are on IUI #2 and are waiting for that :bfp: on 4/17. Good luck to us all!

Hi all, I guess I’m still a newbie, I joined a couple of weeks ago also. I post occassionally but I enjoy reading everyone elses comments more. Anyway, DH and I have been TTC for about 18 months. Found out about 4 months ago that his SA was pretty bad. Low count and motility. Plus, it looks like I have endo which means the IUI’s have been put on hold until we see the RE this month. We’re hoping he will still let us try IUI but it depends on the success rate/cost etc, so we’ll wait and see. Meanwhile, for me at the moment its the usual month after month of having that horrible witch :af: arrive and my hopes dashed. Which is why joining this forum has been so great…it makes me feel less alone in this process. :slight_smile:

I’m NEW!

Hello all!
I am new to this site. Just looking for a little support. So far I have bee considered in the unexplained infertility category. Only thing wrong so far is hostile CM that apparently was caused by the Clomid.
I ovulate and DH has a LOVELY sperm count (last count 200 million).
Just praying for our miracle!:cross:

Hello. I joined about a month ago. My name is Susanne. I’m 31 and DH is 36. We’ve been TTC for almost 4 years. DH was diagnosed with low morphology about 2 years ago. DH was prescribed Clomid 50mg 3x week for the past 6 months which seems to be increasing his morpholgy levels. Our first IUI last month was unsuccesful and we just had our second IUI last Saturday. Now I am in the dreadful 2WW and :pray: for a :bfp:. I enjoy reading everyone’s comments and thank everyone for all the support and well wishes. I’ve found this site to be very supportive and informative.

Good Luck to you all!!:grouphug:

Hi. I’ve joined this forum a month ago when I was going through my 3rd IUI cycle. The support was immensely appreciated during my 2ww.

I’m now moving forward with IVF and will start as soon as AF arrives in two weeks.

I do feel a little arkward now that I’m in the transition period. I reckon this is the “IUI forum,” and I think “what am I doing here when I’m starting IVF? Shouldn’t I be with the IVF group?” But then, I feel safe and familiar with this forum. Anyway, I hope you ladies will still allow me to drop in from time to time even though I’m not continuing with IUI.

Best regards to eveyone here; and pray that we ALL will have a BFP soon…

Hello Everyone,
I have been reading all your posts for a week or so…ended up here on accident…posted once with a webpage site…then it dissappeared so I thought maybe I broke a rule…

Anyway, I am Maddy. My DH and I have been ttc for years. He has low sperm count w/extremely high ASA…he is allergic to his own semen. We did a round of IVF in beginning of 06 w/o success…
I was then diagnosed w/Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy…a very serious heriditary heart condition…my sister died at the age of 38. Fortunately my case is considered “mild”…this diagnoses changed two things…1 my doing IVF again w/my own eggs and 2 it made my husband shut down any talks of adoption…he is consumed w/fear that we will love a child that could be diagnosed w/ a potentially fatal condition later in life and die…not rational thinking but adoption isn’t something you want to “talk your spouse into”.
All this leads me to today…I am leaving on April 26th to go to Brno in the Czech Republic. My egg donor has started her stimulation protocol and I have shipped my husbands semen there as I will be traveling alone to help w/the expense. Her eggs will be fert. w/both my DH and donor sperm…whichever embryo develops the best will be tranfered into my uterus…the entire trip and procedure w/room and board will be less than 8,000.00. I am so excited and scared all at once…that is why I am posting…only you all can understand this…everyone (almost) that I know is nursing a baby or has one in their belly…my best friend included…I feel so ashamed of myself for some of my feelings towards them…again, something only understood on this board…
I felt a little “stalkerish” reading about you guys and not posting so I am glad that I have…please wish me luck on my journey…I hope you all are succesful with your own journeys with as little heartbreak as possible…thanks for allowing me to share.
Maddy

Wow, Maddy! What an amazing story you have! You have come to the right place for support. Everyone here is so great! Just know that you will be in thoughts and prayers for a safe journey and successful outcome. Thank you for sharing w us. Please keep us posted.

Of course you can drop by! Good Luck with the IVF!

[quote=wannabemom]Hi. I’ve joined this forum a month ago when I was going through my 3rd IUI cycle. The support was immensely appreciated during my 2ww.

I’m now moving forward with IVF and will start as soon as AF arrives in two weeks.

I do feel a little arkward now that I’m in the transition period. I reckon this is the “IUI forum,” and I think “what am I doing here when I’m starting IVF? Shouldn’t I be with the IVF group?” But then, I feel safe and familiar with this forum. Anyway, I hope you ladies will still allow me to drop in from time to time even though I’m not continuing with IUI.

Best regards to eveyone here; and pray that we ALL will have a BFP soon…[/quote]

:welcome: Maddy so glad you’ve joined us. You will find everyone to be so supportive. Good luck on your journey it sounds like an amazing adventure.:cross:

wannabemom- You should know since you’ve been a part of it that this is more than the IUI Forum it is a family and once you are in you are in. I personally have no intentions on ever leaving even after I have a whole gaggle of healthy babies.:wink: Please keep us posted.

Hey ladies, just joined from the land downunder (Australia) today after keeping an eye out for about 2 weeks. I am a bit shy.

In the 2ww and going crazy, reading everything is sight, feeling every movement, pinch etc in my body and trying to figure out if it is normal etc. My story is pretty much what you see in my signature. Good to meet you all.

Guess I should’ve joined sooner

Hi, I’m brand-spanking new here. I read these things all the time, but have never registered before. My dh and I have been married just over 5 yrs, have been TTC pretty much that whole time. We are on our 2nd IUI (first one was with clomid, 2nd with tamoxifen) Took tamoxifen 30mg days 5-9, was closely monitored with ultrasounds, had 18mm (largest) follicle on day 15, HCG trigger shot that night, IUI on day 17(3-24-07). I was due to greet Flo on April 7th, so I took an early result test on the 6th which was a BFN, started spotting (pale pink) on the 8th (day 32), spotted light brown (sorry if TMI) on the 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th(today—day 36). Took another HPT today, it was also a BFN! My cycles are almost always 30-31 days. I called my RE’s office & talked to a nurse. They want me to “just wait and see” 'till MONDAY! Has anyone here been in this situation?

Me-28yrs, DH 32yrs TTC since 2002.
slight endometriosis, low count(but not too low to work), low motility, low morphology

Hello Ladies,
This is my first post. I have been lurking for a few weeks and decided to join in. You all seem like a very well informed, great group of women. I am hoping to gain some insight and maybe provide some as well (if possible!). I wish you call lots of luck!

New at all of this

Hi
I just registered on this site today so this is my first post. My husband and I have been TTC for 4+ yrs now ever since we lost our son at 22wks pg. I have been trying to figure out what the problems is for 1+yrs now, but it wasn’t until a few short months ago that the drs finally gave up on me and went on to my husband. To my surprise after a sperm test we found out that his count was <10million, not good, so after a meeting with our dr last week we are now embalking on the journey of assisted reproduction. As you can imagine my husband is not happy about the results and is currently not really all that interested in helping me determine what to do next, any one out there with advice on how to bring him around. I guess the only good things is that he isn’t fighting me on what I have suggested so far, basically his response is let me know when you need me. Anyway I have been thinking of trying IUI first, but haven’t found any really promising information out about it. Anyone out there with any advice for me or stories of their experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and sorry for the long message

Tracey23

Hi Tracy23. My DH has male factor infertility also. He has low everything!! Like you, I don’t really mention it too much and he lets me figure out the treatments myself. I guess its just how men deal with things. Whereas I like to talk about it until I’m exhausted!
Anyway, I don’t really have any advice for you as we haven’t started our IUI treatments yet (had to find a different RE) but just wanted to say :welcome:. I’ve been on this sight for a couple of weeks now and its great support and actually lots of fun. :slight_smile: