I completely understand how you feel!. My husband and I have done two rounds of IUI (not as expensive), but am compleltely scared about IVF as it may be our only chance due to the cost.
We have an appt with our RE on Thursday to talk strategy. I’d like to try one more round of IUI and then focus on getting both of us in better shape (IE losing weight) so that we have the best chance with IVF in the spring. My husband works in college athletics and he’s on the road a lot during the late fall/winter.
Good luck to you!
[quote=Irish-Princess]I have been reading these forums for about 4 years now. I was researching and gathering information to help my husband and I through what we feel like is the biggest blow we have encountered in our marriage thus far.
My DH and I are both 36 currently and have been married for 4 years in December of this year, when we got married we talked about starting a family as soon as we could. I have a daughter from a previous marriage but my husband and I wanted our family larger so we started trying. After 6 months and no pregnancy we went to my OB/GYN and after numerous tests found out I was fine. We were advised to do a SA on my DH; without thought we agreed and joked about how awkward it was going to be to complete the test.
A few days later the earth collapsed beneath us. He was diagnosed with azoospermia. After a couple more tests to confirm we were sent to a reproductive specialist dealing with both male and female infertility because we were told IVF was our only option. After more blood tests we were told that my DH had a slightly low Testosterone and a slightly elevated FH, I think thats right. Our doc told us that a TESA would be our only chance at having our own children and even that was a slim chance and if that didn’t work out we would need to decide if we wanted to use DS. After my DH heard that he would have to have a biopsy of his “boys” he had everything skid to a halt and asked that I let him take it all in. A few weeks ago he looked at me and told me he was finally ready to proceed, he still doesn’t like the idea of his “boys” being cut but he wanted a baby regardless of how or the cost.
So now here we are I am super excited to have a baby with my best friend and love of my life but sad now since he didn’t seem to interested earlier we have no way to pay for it, which just frustrates me because now we will have to save for a couple more years possibly before we can proceed. Just seems like there are road blocks around every corner. I know we can overcome them it’s just annoying to know that if there was money just growing on a tree somewhere we could possibly have a baby. Sigh
I am sorry it was so long and I look forward to talking to you all more often.
for a miracle…[/quote]